Gaming on the Cheap - Multiplayer

PeteAtoms

FormulaRandom
What are some good multiplayer games that happen to be also really cheap (and you still play)?

My brother and I want to get a game that we can play together, but one that balances fun with value. I'm thinking something under $15 USD.

Or let's get some CFC gaming going on, what cheap games could all get and play together?

do you want a strategy game or shooter, and what graphics, Stronghold 2 or Rise of nations is a good choice (old but good and cheap)

I will check those out. I'm fairly open minded when it comes to genres. I know everyone here is probably into the Civilization series, but I'm a little burnt out on that at the moment.

Shooters, strategy, RPG's and casual games are good.

For shooters: Team Fortress 2, if you don't already own it.
RTS: Company of Heroes is a well done, very polished game. I've had a lot of fun playing multiplayer with friends.

I would recommend co-op Diablo 2. I've played it a lot before, but my brothers and I have been playing it together recently, and it's been a blast.

Titan Quest also might be a good option. I haven't played it, but it's supposed to be one of the better "Diablo clones," and you can get the gold edition for less than $10 on Amazon. Not sure exactly how the multiplayer works, so you should look into it before you buy it.

Counter Strike :p I must say, it looks like a crappy game, bad graphics, stupid HP and idiotically made weapons but its actually fun in LAN

I would recommend co-op Diablo 2. I've played it a lot before, but my brothers and I have been playing it together recently, and it's been a blast.

Titan Quest also might be a good option. I haven't played it, but it's supposed to be one of the better "Diablo clones," and you can get the gold edition for less than $10 on Amazon. Not sure exactly how the multiplayer works, so you should look into it before you buy it.

My favorite Diablo 2 clone up to now is Sacred 2, although it requires a bit more PC power than Titan Quest.

TF2 is pretty cheap these days, and is the best FPS on the market IMO - Plus, its really great with someone you know.

Titan quest is quite cool, but can get a bit boring quite quickly.

League of Legends is free, and surprisingly fun with friends.

Team Fortress 2 ($9.99), Battlefield: Bad Company 2 ($19.99 but often goes on sale), Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-44 ($9.99, Mount&Blade: Warband ($29.99 but often goes on sale and has a wide variety of mods. My favourite MP mod is Mount&Musket: Brigade), Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 ($19.99 each but often go on sale and part of the Valve Complete Pack which is totalyl worth it if you don't have more than like ~2 of their games), Killing Floor ($19.99 but is always nice and cheap during major sales), Borderlands is also $19.99 and the GOTY (worth it because it has all the DLC in it and the DLC are major additions (except the arena one) to the game) for $29.99 and is also a popular sale item.

Top Bottom