Gandhi--Peaceful or Warmonger?

No worries. I did think it was likely that Easter stuff was likely to be going down.

So go it officially now.

Ok so I've played. I don't have time to right my report now but I'll do it tomorrow.

In brief I just kept making improvements and buildong some units.

Tech went on to Physics so we can get trebs and move on to gunpowder.

Delhi should get a Uni very soon as the lack of RA is rubbish and we want GSci to compensate IMO.

In the next 10 turns we get a SP ans I reckon it should be Landed Elite for the 2 :c5food: and 15%:c5food: carry over.

Hiawatha is very weak. like 15000 on the mil scale and we are 2nd with 40000. If we Denounce him and see if others want to join in then taking his capital is a pretty strong Idea IMO.

Any way I'll post the save now and then report tomorrow.

Attachments

• SGGandhi_0140 AD-0600.Civ5Save
    640.7 KB · Views: 106
PFT

We adopt Legalism and get our 4 free temples. GPT falls by 8 but we're still making lots of cash. Nice.
Spoiler :

I give Genoa 250:c5gold: as they stop being our Ally in 2 turns. We really need to find a friendly maritime CS at some point.

Pata, Aquaduct > Workshop

Hiawatha is still spamming settlers it seems. This one was trying to head towards our heartlands so I send our mounted units to block its movement.
Spoiler :

Sadly this long running block means Lhasa doesn't like us much. In fact at the end of the set it was saying about 60 or just under, turns till we return to 0 influence. I felt it was worth it though.

Mumbai is connected to our trade route.

Our silver to Harun ends so I renegotiate the deal.
Spoiler :

Instead of building troops Hiawatha completes The Colossus. Idiot.

Vijay, Aquaduct > Workshop
Delhi, Aquaduct > Sword

Chichen Itza BIAFAL.

Varanasi [Vara], Monument > Watermill

Steel is in. Since we are heading up to Rifles etc I select Physics. This will be good in the short term as well so we can get trebs and use them against Hiawatha....
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Hiawatha allies to Kuala Lumpa.

Hiawatha loses its alliences to Kuala Lumpa.

We sell our OB to Sulieman.
Spoiler :

Hiawatha Denouncement wears off.

Delhi, Sword > Catapult

I finally see of that settler from turn 3!

Pata, Workshop > Barracks

I give Seoul 250:c5gold: to become our allies.

Mumbai, Aquaduct > Market

Silver to Cathy runs out but she has no cash so I sell it to Sulieman.
Spoiler :

Vijay, Workshop > Lighthouse

Pata, Barracks > Sword

I upgrade a couple of our swords to longswords.

Info

Demo. All good.
Spoiler :

Info addict. All good here too!
Spoiler :

Our cities.
Spoiler :

The save is here.

Roster
grandad1982
Sparthage - Up Now
Cripp7-Skip
Chimera1804 - On deck

Okay, GOT IT.

A few questions before I check the save:

1. Do we want to be maximizing food to take advantage of our UA or should we continue as we have been (balanced)?
2. What are you guys' thoughts on going to Machinery=> Gunpowder? With machinery, we get the Iron Works, which I find to be useful in most of my games. Of course, that's 9 turns (or so) that we aren't belining to rifling, so I see the negative effect of that.
3. What should I generally build in our cities? Food buildings, workers, markets, units?

I would not worry about maxing growth in Pata or Vijay. Food here is for powering production. Pata is pretty food rich with all those pastures.

I guess food in other cities can be used for specs. Delhi sohuld grow as much as possible whilst working the silver IMO as the National college is there and pop=sci.

Skipping to question 3.....

So I think we should discuss what each city is to be used for so that we don't just build lots of maintainence and time expensive buildings in all our cities. Oh how I wish we could place signs like in civ4....

IMO the city uses should be a bit like this.

Delhi = Mixed with a focus on gold and science.
Pata = Production. No need for trade posts here just production buildings, XP buildings and units. If we have none of the above to build then maintanence free buildings can be built here.
Mumbai = Gold as the top priority followed by sci and culture.
Vijay = Production and gold in the down times. I never build Forges but it might be worth it here.
The new city = So it hasn't been founded yet but with all that grassland and riverside tiles this can be a Great Person focused city (food) and after Fertilizer (some way off :lol:) it can also be good for gold as the riverside farms can be replaced with tradeposts.

What do you reckon?

The new city is Varanasi.

Back to question 2.

I don't really mind the slight delay. Maybe get a Uni in Delhi and start running sci specs ASAP (well after another cat/treb) so we can start to bulb some techs.

This^^^

And for Machinery, yes, definitely. We're kicking butt in the tech race anyways...

Okay... sorry 'bout this, but I lost my turnlog (again :rolleyes:)

Basically:
-Ottomans are at war with Iroquois
-They will give us a decent amount of stuff for us to declare war
-The Russians will declare if we give them resources
-The Iroquois finished another wonder
-The Ottomans are in the Renaissance Age
-We lost our CS allies for a lack of gold
-There's a couple of Iroquois civilians just asking to be captured
-The best Iroquois unit we can see is a warrior :lol:
-I've positioned our units near the Iroquois border
-We adopted Monarchy because of happiness problems
-Our military advisor laughs at everyone else (Poor Arabia might feel insecure if we laugh apparently)
-We have Machinery and Gunpowder will be ours in 10 turns.

Attachments

• SG Ghandi Dos.Civ5Save
    652.3 KB · Views: 113
That all sounds pretty good. Barring some catastrophic turn of events diplo-wise I think this one is basically in the bag, even at this early stage. We have tech lead by a lot, we have the strongest military, we've got lots of cities and have the potential to grow them into mega-cities.

So is the order now cripp, me, grandad, sparthage?

Order sounds good. And yeah, this one's in the bag it seems. I'd still like to see it through though and start a new one for a fresh challenge. But first, let's kill Hiawatha!

just cause it's in the bag as it were doesn't mean we're not finishing. :D

Target the capital and see if there are any other ones worth taking. I imagine all his wonders are in his capital, but if any other cities have some take them. Remember we get double unhappiness from number of cities so only take the good ones.

And whatever you do don't get so caught up in the war that things back home start to slow down a bit. We cannot fall behind in tech.

Capture his capital (It's a couple turns from the border) and any that are in a good position. Burn the rest of them. If you annex them make sure that a courthouse is the first build.

DAMMIT!:mad: I can't pick the turned up, and I can't play for a while. Again! I'll have to pass it to Sparthage. Sorry about that. I really wanted to play.

I think we need a couple more trebuchets because his capital needs to be taken down, or archer units, or elephant maybe? We will lose just attacking with swords

Yeah, Sparthage just played. I think the order was to be cripp then myself then grandad...

I'll hopefully play the turn tomorrow. I recently started playing minecraft so I'm a bit behind on homework :mischief:

Top Bottom