• Yes

Votes: 43 76.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters
accidental repeat..

Originally posted by Adebisi
Modern science conclude that homosexuality is not a choice
Modern Science maybe. Fact is, none of the rubbish thus far presented has convinced anyone of anything. Debate is flying fast and furious on the topic, and so far Nurture, not Nature, is winning the argument. Saying otherwise is misleading. At best.
and Christians are generally doing Christianity a disfavor by arguing that it in fact is a choice.
How is standing up for the truth bad?
It's better to stand up for your beliefs and admit that homosexuals indeed do have a hard time reaching up to the standards set by God.
Only because they choose to ignore those standards.

Homosexuality is a choice, not a disease, and it is all about self-gratification. It's one of those things that God doesn't want us to do, and they choose to do it anyway. Fine. That's between them and God. But if they have to do it, can't they at least have the decency to do it at home, and not expose other people to it?

Heterosexuals indulge themselves in sexual activity far more often for the purposes of gratification than procreation. Does God condemn this or is the sharing of pleasure in heterosexual sexual intercourse considered acceptable by Him?

Masturbation is all about self-gratification. Is that condemned by God? Or is God against homosexuality rather than the self-gratification its intimate activities generate. More importantly, is homosexuality really all about self-gratification or does the partner get something out of it? (If getting too graphic, think about lesbians).

Given that you, I and many other men are attracted to women, yet homosexual males are attracted to the same sex, what could account for this discrepancy? Is there actually any choice involved when choosing what is pleasing to the eye and what is not? Is there no biological component to this 'condition' or does it draw entirely from the person's freedom of being?

There have been well documented reports and studies on the homosexual behaviour of animals (other than humans). What accounts for this behaviour? Choice or biology?

- Maj

Originally posted by FearlessLeader2

Homosexuality is a choice, not a disease, and it is all about self-gratification. It's one of those things that God doesn't want us to do, and they choose to do it anyway. Fine. That's between them and God. But if they have to do it, can't they at least have the decency to do it at home, and not expose other people to it? :mad:

I say Boo. Loudly and in public. Booo! Hisss! Booo!

It's a matter of principles, and being willing to stand up for them.

Oh, man, FL2. You are so very completely misinformed here. Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

I'm guessing you don't know any and are just taking a-hole evangelist's words for it....or maybe is spouts this unmittigated crap in the damned bible for all I know.....but it is total bullsh!t, and it pisses me off! :mad:

Maybe you're honest about it, FL2, but you are a biggot, that's for sure.

Of course, not matter what science says about it, you're going to believe some little piece of crap god d@amned book on the subject. :mad:

Well, I'm telling you, right now, that it is not a matter of choice. No matter than its YOUR choice on whether or not you like carrots or broccoli. You can't MAKE yourself like certain kinds of food, can you? No, you can't. You desire what you desire, PERIOD. Its just another subject on which the bible is way off base, and that you are unable to reconcile with fact.

Originally posted by FearlessLeader2

How is standing up for the truth bad?

It isn't. But you're standing up for ignorance, intollerance, hatred and biggotry. Bit of a difference. In my book if not Christianity's.

as youse have been saying, people feeling uncomfortable around gays, gays getting a hard time and what have you.

I guess then we should ban christains, blacks, asians, hindus and muslims from the army as well?

It's sad that many people today are so insecure with themselves that they have to displace their insecurities onto others (in this case, homosexuals) who share a common difference.

The Catholic church is one of the worst criticizers of homosexuals. As the saying goes, "people fear what they don't understand." The Church will preach about how bad homosexuality is, and how it is a disease, etc. Sometime down the road, hopefully sooner rather than later, the mainstream will come to realize how silly this is and that people don't choose to be gay; they are born with a certain sexual preference; in a religious context, God GAVE them this sexual preference just as he gave them their skin color, eye color, and so on.

Unfortunately we still have a long way to go as far as tolerance of others' race, religion, sexual preference, gender and ethnicity.

Top Bottom