GEM 1.6.14: Patronage finisher apparently vanishes when conquering and pupetting city

Common Sensei

Warlord
Upon conquering and placing the city in puppet state, I noticed a precipitous drop in happiness, way beyond I expected. This occurred late in a cultural game, having completed and obtained the finishers for Liberty, Freedom, Commerce, Knowledge and Patronage thus far. What seems to have occurred is that the finisher bonus for Patronage disappeared when I conquered that city.

Here is a screenshot of a happiness metric. Note the zero for City States:

Investigating a city-state does show that there should be some happiness coming in from it:

And here's the happiness mouseover:

Once you conquer a CS it is *no longer* treated as a CS in any way if/until someone else takes it from you AND liberates it. No patronage policy will apply to a city that you have taken and puppeted.

Once you conquer a CS it is *no longer* treated as a CS in any way if/until someone else takes it from you AND liberates it. No patronage policy will apply to a city that you have taken and puppeted.

I think Sensei is saying that conquering one single city removed the Patronage finisher happiness bonus for *all* his city states. He's not just talking about a single city.

Top Bottom