General Discussion

Suggestion:
For starters, we should really consider dumping the idea of adding necrons, eldar, deldar, tyranids and tau to the mod for the moment. We simply don't have enough units for them. When units for them arise, I think we can consider these "civs".

Or, we do have some for tau (hammerhead & firewarrior by smoking mirror), but I think there are none for d/eldar/necrons, and tyranids are just weird.

And let us concentrate on what really can be done (imperial guard, space marine chapters, witch & daemonhunters, chaos marines and orkz. and somethings I might forget).

Sorta like what embryodead/mr.do/mrtn did with WHFB-mod - adding things afterwards. You might hate this idea, but it's an option, not an ordnance :p

Actually, this is my plan. You'll like it, because its awesome and what we're going to do. Once we get the units lines and stats, tech tree, buildigns and what not, basically most of the non graphical 'Biq' work, all down on paper, we chuck it all into a biq with place holder graphics and start playtesting right then. That way, we can playtest while we're begging aaglo to make us stuff and he tells us no and it'll cut down on time.

I'll probably piggy back it on the WHFBM for now, using High Elf graphics for eldar and Dark elf for Deldar and what not.

By the way, we have 3 Eldar units (Grav Tanks by TGA) and One dEldar Unit (The Wytch by Embryodead). So Thhb. :p

I'm glad you all agree. Becasue if you didn't, I'd have to drive to your house and beat you up. And Finland and Austrilia are a long way away and I don't have alot of money for gas.

Anyone know where I can get WH 40K stuff for Poser? I know I can get a Bolter and chainsword from Renderosity, but that's about it...

Then again, I'll probably be more involved with Ork/Chaos stuff, considering I can make either by adding hornz and spikez to standard Imperial stuff, and I know where I can get said Imperial stuff. ;)

Odin found Vanishing Point, which has got 40K stuff on it

EDIT:including two Chaos Marines on the second page (Khorne Berserker and a Legion of the Damned one)

EDIT 2: and on page three there are two Chaos Space Marines (one with horns :viking:), a Thousand Sons, and a Plague Marine

Cool! I can start on the chaos stuff as soon as their unit lines get figured out....

Shouldn't be long. I mean, I have them all basically done, but they're in a notebook. A notebook is not the same as the internet. Its involves paper. So, you knows, I gotta painstakingly convert it from a .ppr doc to a .ontheweb doc. :p Aaaan I'm not going to do any more of that right this moment. And my homie is coming home from pittsburgh tomorrow- so the next thing of line will be up sundy, probably.

While I am currently reading through the 53 #edit 59 pages of the previous thread, I though it might be simpler to just ask - What is the scope of this mod?

Is it...
(More than one answer may be appropriate)
One Planet / Multiple Planets
A long term history
The settling of a Planet
A Campaign (<- my personal preference) (which may take decades)
Some strange occurance somewhere within the Eye of Chaos
A Giant Space Hulk

Once I know more about this I may be able to make some more usefull sugestions.

One planet. No long term history thing. No Campaign, no nothing. What the Waffle do we need a story for? Its 40K- everyone has a reason to fight, so they do. Trying to fit some sort of story will just slow us down.

What is the scope of this mod?

Not Story - Scope

Time - otherwise you have Techs like "Alphabet" and "Hour 3 - Reinfocements Arive"

Location - You say one planet. Possibilities for this are still large.

Setting - A 25 words or less description of what is going on. (e.g. "What the Waffle do we need a story for? Its 40K- everyone has a reason to fight, so they do." )

There are some other factors that could come into scope, but I think that those are the major ones.

I'm not asking this because I need an answer. I'm asking this because I want to know what the framework is. If a question has no answer yet, that means I am free to suggest a wider range of things without contradicting what has already been descided.

It is the 41st millenium. For more than a hundred
centuries the Emperor has sat immobile on the Golden
Throne of Earth. He is the master of manking by the will
of the gods, and master of a million worlds by the might
of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing
invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology.
He is the Carrion Lord of the Imperium for whom a
thousand souls are sacrificed every day, so that he
may never truly die.

Yet even in his deathless state, the Emperor continues his
eternal vigilance. Mighty battlefleets cross the daemon-
infested miasma of the warp, the only route between distant
stars, their way lit by the Astronomican, the psychic
manifestation of the Emperor`s will. Vast armies give battle
in his name on oncounted worlds. Greates amongst his
soldiers are the Adeptus Astartes, the Space Marines,
bio-enigneered super-warriors. Their comrades in arms are
legion: the Imperial Guard and countless planetary defence