1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

General Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ3 - WH40K Workshop' started by LMR, Mar 20, 2007.

1. aaglo

aaglo Furioso!

I just dug this thread up for a couple of reasons:

Reason #1
    http://www.vanishingpoint.biz/freestuff.asp?ClassificationID=15

We really need a poser-user to help us a bit.

Reason #2
    Little bird sang, that someone has sort of biq-file for the mod already made - sort of mini-beginning for a mod. Should that someone start a thread about it?

2. LMR

LMR Back In Green!

#1: I have poser and am gonna (finally) start figuring out how to work it during these summer holidays (starting immediately after my last exam on monday afternoon :woohoo:)

#2:If that someone was to start a thread about the biq, what would they talk about, since there are threads about most of the important elements of the biq... :mischief:

3. aaglo

aaglo Furioso!

That's great news, good luck with the exams, and don't waste all your free time and wonderful weather on... away from the pc :p ;)

In that thread we could discuss, wether the alpha-stage mod should be distributed or not... or not (well, that was a clumsy expression :) )

4. LMR

LMR Back In Green!

Well, I dont think its ready, since its just units that have been added and some wonders renamed. but if you think a new thread would be a good idea i'll start one up

on a related topic, do you think we should concentrate on just the imperium, chaos, orks and maybe eldar for the first version? and leave the tau and necrons (and possibly the tyranids?) for later expansions?

5. aaglo

aaglo Furioso!

Goldflash here suggested ... well go and see for yourself, it's in the previous page, post no 4. Or just click on the link.

But the eldar/deldar/tau seem so far away right now... I'm just a workhorse, not a "taskmaster"... :mischief:

6. LMR

LMR Back In Green!

Good point. Unfortunately, i started the new biq based on the WH one, but deleted all the units and started again, so it would be more organised :sad:

but i'll muck around with it soon, add in all the units and placeholder graphics then start up the thread :)

7. aaglo

aaglo Furioso!

Hey, don't worry about it too much (yet).
    You've got the poser-learning to do also... :mischief:

8. Virote_Considon

Virote_Considon The Great Dictator

I also have a said .biq, but it currently only has the SM units added, and the IG pediaicon'd, to avoid crashes of doom.

9. Asp-Sorcerer

Asp-Sorcerer Chieftain

I just had an awesome Idea, how about you give the bombard abilaty to all ranged units, that would be like "shooting phase" like with the naval ships, and attack, would be like direct close combat assault, this would give the game a very 40k feel, and a lot of tactical addition,

-Do I shoot and keep the unit in the stack out of harms way or do I go into close combat and try my luck.

Tau could have extra range and bombardment strength, whereas Orks could be better at close combat.
    You people would come up with something very original, and VERY 40k.

Opinions?

10. Tank_Guy#3

Tank_Guy#3 Lion of Lehistan

I don't really know if this is the right place, but what would be ones thought on alliances in the scenario?

I ask because while reading my friends Ork codex, I've found that the Blood Axes hired themselves out as mercenaries to the Imperium. Though it also says that Orks would rather die than take orders from a human.

My other thought was that if they always take orders from the biggest green-guy, then wouldn't Nurgle own them? I mean, you can't get much bigger than him, and he's a nice sickly green.

11. Fortis1

Fortis1 Warlord

Remember ideas about Imperator titan? What if Space Race VC would be replaced by reconstruction of Imperator titan?

12. LMR

LMR Back In Green!

I like that idea, there would certainly be enough parts

13. Fortis1

Fortis1 Warlord

Right Leg, Left Leg, Pelvis, Body, Head, Hellstorm Cannon, Plasma Annihilator, Back (that castle-like thing), Crew and... one left.

14. LMR

LMR Back In Green!

Power generator?

15. Fortis1

Fortis1 Warlord

I cannot represent it. Like everything inside the Titan. Is it possible to use less than 10 parts?

16. Virote_Considon

Virote_Considon The Great Dictator

It is; but if you use less than ten parts then you can't have the SS Progress Screen.

17. LMR

LMR Back In Green!

I could probably make some parts in poser if we need them

18. Fortis1

Fortis1 Warlord

I have everything but generator. I can make several thermogenerators outside of contsruction. Will a bunch of Tech-Priest do as crew?

And another thing that really bothers me - will someone make interface for us?

19. LMR

LMR Back In Green!

I've been working on an interface, it's been a while since I looked at it

20. Fortis1

Fortis1 Warlord

Ah, that's fine news. Any chance for pics?