General discussions

A question to anybody. I like the demolition man and all. But i am curious how does the raze city work. does it occur after a number of turns? or is it suppose to occur at once?

for the previous post, i meant when using a demo man when razing a city, just for clarification..;)

Where is the armor thread? where do i mention tanks?..:dunno:

Oh and what about adding a modern SAM infantry(mobile), i rememebr this being mentioned before by different people.

SAM infantry should upgrade to IFV or mobile SAM infantry.:goodjob:

Hi! My name is moscovo, and i would like to know why the demolitian man doesn't raze the citys, its a bug? It takes several turns? Or how can i make him to do it.
Another thing, i would like to know if you are thinking im adding to this mod something like the "revolution" mod of jdog5000.

Thanks for your time :)

It does take several turns. This is because it is unrealistic that you can destroy a huge city instantly.

Just be patient.

Well, after all the frustration of 2.12, it was great to play a full game of TR on the World Map to the end. (Diplomatic victory for my Russian/Indian empire on around turn 820!)

First of all, more and more kudos to Houman and Mexico who have worked tirelessly and have put out a must-have mod of Civ IV. My overall impressions are very good, the game plays great, the balance keeps getting better, and I feel like you guys are getting close to what you set out to do with making a Total Realism mod in the first place.:)

Used the fix for Lindbergh's flight and didn't enounter any other fatal bugs along the way, and after buying Warlords in anticipation of Beta 2 coming out, I can only imagine how good TR will be with a much more stable engine underneath it.

So really just wanted to say great job, and I was going to post my specific thoughts about units and gameplay aspects in the appropriate threads.

Thanks

Hello everybody!

I am quite new in here, having just registered after months of carefully reading all posts in the previous thread... and then discovering this new one :crazyeye:

First of all, I would like to thank the crew for this exciting mod, which greatly improves the experience of an already amazing game such is civ4 :goodjob:

One question - suggestion for a thread: is anybody working on language localizations, and in particular on italian translation? Thought I have always been playing the game in english, that wouldn't be bad to spread the mod to the most...

Keep on this great work!

I have just reached turn 80 and the Russian Empire was just wiped out by Barbarians. Maybe the warrior's bonus against barbarians should be increased, to 30% ?

I was lookng forward to seeing them in the modern era too.:(

WarKirby

Woland said:
Hello everybody!

I am quite new in here, having just registered after months of carefully reading all posts in the previous thread... and then discovering this new one :crazyeye:

First of all, I would like to thank the crew for this exciting mod, which greatly improves the experience of an already amazing game such is civ4 :goodjob:

One question - suggestion for a thread: is anybody working on language localizations, and in particular on italian translation? Thought I have always been playing the game in english, that wouldn't be bad to spread the mod to the most...

Keep on this great work!
not yet - but you are welcome to do this if you want :)

The Bonus against Babarian depends mostly of the difficulty you are playing. I think over prince you didn't recieve any bonus.

I garrison my cities with at least two warriors (or archers/huntsmen if the barbarian has these units) and done well. (One with City-Defence Promotion and one with strength promotion) Play most time difficulty prince.

I don't have a problem againt barbarians, it's the AI getting wiped out that I'm worried about. AI civs should have a bonus v Barbarians as well.

WarKirby

ups, sry :)

But i didn't see the BIG problem ... one of 23 nations get destroyed ...

maybe the destroyed civs will leave room for every other civs, the map tends to be really crowded. Did you see the celts?:lol: :lol:

1. What does one do with the demolition unit?

2. After selecting a unit, what does the last option (the hand with the scroll) mean? I understand what it means when you select a mercenary and wish to discontinue the contract.

Mexico said:
not yet - but you are welcome to do this if you want :)
yes, I was ready for this kind of reply... :)
which are the files to be translated? I guess the whole xml bunch has to be dealt with, but are there any lines to be changed also in pyton?
And, of course, I am talking about last Vanilla's version, since I haven't switched to Warlords yet...

Best regards

Spartan117 said:
Hey everybody.

what do you guys think of adding this. I just seen it right now it looks interesting.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=189388
Sevo's "mastery victory"

well off to my brother in law's birthday:bday:

Hi Spartan117,

Seems very good and very realistic. Some civs were strong 2500 years ago (Greece, Persian,...) and are not among the greatest today whereas others were nothing and are on the top today (USA,...). A good idea to have to "fight" until the deadline.
Have you ask Houman what he think about this ?

The Frog.

As long as it's optional, and not a necessity like the 'realistic' timeline

I don't likje the idea as it relies on the game having a designated time limit. I hate time limits. I prefer to play until it is indisputable who wins

WarKirby

Top Bottom