[GS] General Tips and Sharing experience

Talis_eldar

Chieftain
Version 0.1
Created by: Talis_Eldar
Disclaimer: Share all those information as you wish everywhere, but saying thanks will bring you extra karma:D
Created Date: 25.02.2020
Scope: Gathering Storm

Introduction
First of all, there is no perfect scenario in Civilization. Do not forget that every time your decisions will be affected by some external parameters, like starting location, barbarians, war, resources and etc.. This is why this game is so much repeatable and called a 4x strategy game :D Ok after saying those now let me summarize what this post will contain. I will continue to update this document as i will have more time.

1- Starting location – Choosing Capital City location
In general, if there will be minimum one luxury resource near your borders it is a great benefit. In the beginning of the game when you have only 1 city, luxury resource can be traded for money with other civs and boost your economy. (Later in the game you need those precious luxuries for amenity)

Don’t loose so much time settling your first city. Usually, maximum 1-2 tile away of your start location you should settle. In order to move 2 turns without making your city, there must be god like resources. If the place you started is so much bad just restart the game for a better starting position.

Second important thing is where ever you will settle your income will be always base 2F1P + every bonus that tile will give you, except woods and jungle hence they will be destroyed while you settle on them. So, try to find some place which has more than 3 yields. Especially extra production is really handy in the beginning. Sometimes directly settling on the luxury resource is also a good alternative. Don’t forget in the future your city can grow 3 tiles max to every direction. But in the beginning the first adjacent tiles are your concern.

2- Other city placements
Always use adjacency bonuses while planning your other cities. From my experience 4-6 tiles away from each other is good placement. But of course, it can change according to the map and all other parameters. Don’t forget about factory (industrial district) and power bonusses. (coal, oil or nuclear) Especially district placement and bonuses to each other is so much important. Different cities’ districts can also give each other bonuses don’t worry.

3- Loyalty problem
Your loyalty is directly proportional with your near cities and their pressure. The more crowded cities you have near your cities the more pressure they will give. So again, always plan ahead while settling. Use your + loyalty opportunities carefully:
-There is some great person who is permanently giving loyalty. Try to recruit him.
-Use governors and their plus loyalty bonus. (Victor has some + loyalty bonus rather than +8)
-Use civic cards for loyalty bonusses if needed. (Garrisoned unit +2 loyalty etc..)
-Construct governor plaza district carefully hence you can only construct it once in your all civilization and it is giving good bonus to loyalty to the city that is constructed.

4- Wonders
If you are playing Deity don’t even bother building one. Try to conquer the civ’s who already build them. Never ever start a wonder if you are not sure if you can finish it. Use harvest resource for extra production if needed. Always keep an eye for the great persons, who can give + production to wonder buildings. Focus on wonders who are giving bonusses like extra policy card like Forbidden City, they are really perfect choice. In my humble experience don’t focus on ancient wonders at all.

I like to choose Magnus as my first governor and station him in my capital. I choose the ability that allows me to produce settlers without losing the population point and pair that with the +50% settler production card and then churn out settlers like crazy and try to build a vast early empire.

Top Bottom