Getting Civ 4 Units into Civ 5

I have a big problem: when I try to install the blender script I get a pop-up error msg.

"Blender scripts directory not found. Reinstall Blender, and rerun the Blender NIF Scripts Installer."
I've already reinstalled once and I'm running 2.64 Blender. Could it be a problem with my python or pyFFI installs?

I have a big problem: when I try to install the blender script I get a pop-up error msg.

"Blender scripts directory not found. Reinstall Blender, and rerun the Blender NIF Scripts Installer."
I've already reinstalled once and I'm running 2.64 Blender. Could it be a problem with my python or pyFFI installs?

Certain scripts won't work with certain versions of blender. I use the same set up as Bernie14 uses in his tutorial http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=444883 Make sure you install in the same order that it is posted. I would install Blender 2.49 for unit conversion.

You can also keep version 2.64. I have both installed and have no problems.

Certain scripts won't work with certain versions of blender. I use the same set up as Bernie14 uses in his tutorial http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=444883 Make sure you install in the same order that it is posted. I would install Blender 2.49 for unit conversion.

You can also keep version 2.64. I have both installed and have no problems.

PyFFI py-2.6 isn't on sourceforge anymore...

Now I'm having trouble finding a copy of NexusBuddy...all of the links I've tried break and give me a 404 error and a web search doesn't give me anything better. :(

edit: sorry for the double post...

Hey guys, sorry to necropost but I've got a problem. Every time I try to export the mesh back into a .nif to test the animation(Stage 2: 'Part E)'.) I get the "Non-Uniform Scaling" error with one of the bones/joints. I've done what Blender recommended (Ctrl+A>"Scale and Rotation") but I still get the error. The only way I can export is if I delete the offending bone/joint but I'm pretty sure I still need all intact to get the animations working so that's a no-go.

Hi Ekmek thank you so much for responding!

I haven't seen that error in a while. How did you scale te mesh? did you resize the bone?

Nope. I imported it with the exact same settings as in the tut. Other than to apply scale and rotation after initially getting the error I never even touched the bones.(And the mesh only to unify the UV)

I should probably note that it also happens if I do a straight import>export out again without doing any changes whatsoever and that it's so far been infantry units that have this problem.(Cavalry units export out just fine)

PS:Also, these have all been with Bakuel's units. Maybe Bernie or someone who's converted his stuff before and is familiar with his structure would know what's going on?

Sounds like it's worth a shot. I'll post back here with results! :)

EDIT: Crap, I tried downloading the rar that has the templates, but it's corrupt. Is their another link to them somewhere?

Nearly every time I try my hand at Blender-ing, everything (eventually) seems fine in Granny Viewer and Nexus 3D Viewer, but it'll be invisible ingame. Anyone want to take a look at my attempt at a conversion of the Sea Dragon?

I've attached my working folder with the Civ4 model and a test mod. It took a lot of tries to get clean fbx -> gr2 conversions for all of the Civ4 animations, but I finally did... so what am I missing?

[EDIT: Attachment removed]

Nearly every time I try my hand at Blender-ing, everything (eventually) seems fine in Granny Viewer and Nexus 3D Viewer, but it'll be invisible ingame. Anyone want to take a look at my attempt at a conversion of the Sea Dragon?

I've attached my working folder with the Civ4 model and a test mod. It took a lot of tries to get clean fbx -> gr2 conversions for all of the Civ4 animations, but I finally did... so what am I missing?

Do you need a fx_triggers file as well, I tried to load the animations into Nexus 3D viewer and it crashed? It will be pretty cool if you can get custom animations working.

A lot of the older units posted used converted Civ4 animations (as do the obvious ones like the Drake and the Wolf). I followed the tutorial from the original post; it reuses the rifleman triggers file.

Top Bottom