getting past intro screen

Mr_Wonka

Chieftain
why the heck does it still take me so long to get past it even with the new patch?

so annoying.

From what I understand it's part of the loading process so it plays until the game is ready to launch. Mine actually plays longer now after the patch :(

Have you tried disabling the into in your config file? It works for some people, but me it causes the game to hang.

How do I stop the introduction from playing?

If you experience a crash during the introduction or you would simply like to skip it to get into the game quicker do the following:
- Browse to Documents\My Games\sid meier's Civilization 5
- Open the usersettings.ini in Notepad
- Find the setting SkipIntroVideo = 0 and change the value to 1
- Save your changes and you're done

I got this info from the 2k forums. Enjoy!

If you use this method, you will get a black screen until the game loads, but you will not have to press multiple keys to interrupt the intro video and get to the first screen.

If you use this method, you will get a black screen until the game loads, but you will not have to press multiple keys to interrupt the intro video and get to the first screen.
Hm, I've never had to do anything more than click once. I'll just click the mouse as soon as the first ad comes up, then sit back and wait for the video to go away. It usually happens just as the camera scrolls down to the dude's head.

Top Bottom