Getting to Know You Thread

BCLG100

Music Master
Well Alohan Bonding IV here it comes :)

We've been playing as a team for a few months now but we know little about each other so i felt like i'd open this thread where people can ask questions about each other to get to know everyone, bit like the thread in OT.

No-one forcing anyone to take part though :)

k doke i'll kick off

Whats everyone's favourite TV show?

Mine is probably the o.c.-the girls to be fair are very hot
Which cartoon character do you most associate with?
For me it would probably be Sonic, my hair used to be all crazy like that (glad i grew out of that phase now :D)
How old are you?
18-simple enough

Anywhoo ask your own questions, answer mine etc :)

BC's questions

NCIS, The Unit, Stargate( both), Battlestar Galactica

Davy Duck....life is frustrating and nothing seems to go perfectly

How old are you?
33 cronologically, 8 years to teenager in how I act( ask my wife), physicaly...25

My questions
Any other hobies except for civ?
Ride bikes for excercise and run a bit when its not to hot. Wood working, hobby and part-time income. Check out my website to see some of my stuff. www.flyingcurls.com I am the Rob on that page, the rest of those guys are semi-local wood working friends of mine.

What do you do for living besides play civ?
Stay at home dad. I was the youth director for our church, I quit recently due to politics. I have Master degree in Marine Biology.......physiology and toxicology of Marine crustaceans. If I move( possiblity) I will go back to work in a research lab working on wetland restoration following the damage Hurricane Katrina and Rita have done...have the job all I have to do is hope my wife gets the job she applied for.

South Park, wrestlin', others I can't think of right now

The Brain. I always make huge elaberate plans that are bound to work, but either I miss something small or stupid people around me mess up my plans to take over the world.

How old are you?

I play softball 3 times a week, umpire the local 8-12 year olds league, and am a season ticket holder to the Brewers. I also play many other computer games and have all the major home systems.

Right now crap. I work in sales, which I hate. We're encouraged to be dishonest in order to increase sales, and I can't stand it. My fiance just graduated college, though, and as soon as she finds a job I'm gone. It's not that I'm not going to work, but I don't even know in what state my fiance will be getting a job yet. So I may be moving soon, or staying put if she gets a job here.

What is your favorite Star Wars character?
Without a doubt Anakin Skywalker. I feel like I would make the same mistakes as he did, and hope that I would have the strength to win out in the end.

Well before exams started i used to be pretty sporty and at various times in my life have been a county swimmer/footballer/tennis player and district Basketballer and Cricketer. Right now however it is drinking :D

Well ive just finished 6th form so Uni next year maybe or might go travelling who knows, just working in a coffee shop over the holidays for some cash

who is your favorite star wars character?
Awww man Chewie or them little bears- i always wanted one of them!

George what do you want to do for a living?

And lookin pretty cool in your shorts there rob :mischief:

Of the show around at the moment, LOST is number one. I also like Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek, CSI and House. If i got into old shows i'd be here for a long time but Happy Days and The Goodies would rate highly

Bugs Bunny, always staying one step ahead of the game

How old are you?

Playing/Watching sports particularly Football (the real kind). Basically anything that keeps me active and gets me outside like hiking and cycling

I am i the only one that doesn't get paid for playing civ:confused: ;)
I'm an Electorincs Engineer

What is your favorite Star Wars character?
Ummm, don't really have a fav, maybe Yoda for the way he talks

Now for some of my own questions
Everyone's favorite movie?
Its a Serbian movie called "Ljepa Sela ljepo gore" which translates to "Pretty Village, Pretty Flame". If you are one of those people who can read subtitles and watch the picture at the same time i highly recommend it.

Do you play any computer games other than Civ?
Asides from FM2005 (part of the champoinship/Football Manager series) is the one i play regularly. There are plenty of others i like but i don't always have time to play them, so it can be a bit of a rotation system:). Simcity 4 is the other one i'm playing at the moment

Best idea to stop your partner nagging you about playing civ too much?
I have two suggestion, stay single which is not ideal or get them hook on civ too. It worked with my last girlfriend, she was in no position to complain about me playing since she played it more than me:D. Downside was arguements of computer usage increased. Oh and never except a 1on1 challenge from your girlfriend:nono: it's a no win situation.

:lol:

Shawshank Redemption-i just think its plain awesome

Your a Champ man addict too robi???? I go through phases of playing that or civ, occasionaly i return to medieval total war but right now im playing the godfather on the x-box.

i just found it easier not to even bother playing when my last girlfriend was around, she was happy enough with it (once she got past calling it a game for 5 year olds) but i had to explain everything to her!

Some more questions

Are you attached (gf/wife/etc)
What was the best present you ever recieved?

BCLG100 said:
Your a Champ man addict too robi????
Hell yeah:D , if i'm not working on my Combined Arms strategy i'm fine tuning my 3-1-3-1-2 formation;)

BCLG100 said:
she was happy enough with it (once she got past calling it a game for 5 year olds) but i had to explain everything to her!
Sounds very familiar, not that the irony ever dawned on her while i had to explain everything in fine details (i've met more clued in 5 yo;)

The girls out there will be happy to know i'm currently single;)

For different reasons, a steering wheel and pedals set for my F1 games, a new suit and a mountain bike.

Cant really decide on that. Recently I liked Serenity but overall...cant really nail down one.

X-com series( one left to beat) still on the old clunker in the kids room.

Keep her tired;) No seriously..as long as I get stuff done she doesnt complain. She spends a lot of time on her bike since she is training for a triathalon and a 100(62K) mile race next year.

More questions

Favorite book or author
Orson Scout card...Enders series and Enders Shadow series
When I feel like having a headache for "high " science fiction..Stephen Baxter. However most of my reading lately has been restricted to daily bed time stories to my son.( my wife reads to my daughter)

Mad Money and Mythbusters

How old are you?

College student studying computer science, on the side I do computer repair and support

Pulp Fiction

Do you play any video games other than Civ4?
Civ3, I also have an xbox360 and currently a level 35 Halo2 player, played through Oblivion and I'm currently looking for a new game

footballer
ive just finished 6th form so Uni next year
I sometimes wonder if we speak the same language.

Besides Star Wars of course? Team America, anything Will Ferrel.

Baseball Mogul series, which is a lot like the FM series but with a better sport. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Total War series, Lego Star Wars, Dragon Quest VIII

Spend some time with her, and she'll let me spend some time with Civ. It also helps that right now she lives over an hour away.

Etc. We're engaged with no plans of strapping on the leg irons for awhile.

This past birthday in June, my fiance gave me two CD's. She had made mental notes of all the songs I loved on the radio, bought them on iTunes, and put them on the CD's for me labelled "You Rock My World". (I like rock) I don't know if that was the best, but it was really good.

Favorite book or author
Orson Scott Card...but I've only read his Homecoming and his Heartfire series
Michael Crichton...Congo and Sphere were really bad movies, but good books
Issac Asmov...who doesn't like his work?

Scrubs. Lost, House, Arrested Development, SG1 and SGA are close seconds. also like Simpsons, and daily show and colbert report.

not really anyone, but if i had to choose, it would be Bart Simpson

How old are you?
15 yrs old

hey greekguy, when are you gonna get Civ 4?
good news, i got civ 4 a day or 2 ago. i should be able to take a semi-active part in the team within a week.

favourite book/author

i like terry pratchett his novels are just funny and i also like bernard cornwell-his books just are interesting historically.

good gg now you can join in the aloha MP ladder fun.

How old are you?

Catch Me if You Can

Do you play any video games other than Civ4?
Battlefield 2 :worship:, Civ 3, Starcraft

Favorite Starwars character
Probably.... Darth Maul

Off to Uni tomorrow, wasnt really a question to answer but just thought i'd inform you all while giving this a healthy bump right back to the top :)

So hows everyones civ playing ability now? improved/the same/got worse
im tackling the gotm this month and finding it okish-its hard but score isnt everything in it-so i'd say im an emporer player right now :)

civ ablitiy getting better. I have yet to do "the perfect" game. I seem to concentrate on mone aspect adn have fault in others.

I have played AI in vanilla civ4 in months that i dont know where i am at right now.

Just putzing around with cIV Warlords, not playing at a hard level. It's the only game I can play one handed so I'm fooloing around with it just as an alternative to TV. I still like playing on just warlord level and having fun. Can't wait to get back to my elf in Oblivion.

I just had my 4th IV injection of steroids today and start the oral steroids tomorrow. I'm starting to get my strength back and hope to get back to work next week. My left hand is still numb and only functions about 10%, my right hand is numb on the palm and fingertips but I can use it, and my torso is numb and feels tight. But my legs are back to about 90-95% and I'm feeling stronger and less tired every day.

Hey George...let us know if you need anything. I know we are far away...but you never know.

GeorgeOP said:
Just putzing around with cIV Warlords, not playing at a hard level. It's the only game I can play one handed so I'm fooloing around with it just as an alternative to TV. I still like playing on just warlord level and having fun. Can't wait to get back to my elf in Oblivion.

I just had my 4th IV injection of steroids today and start the oral steroids tomorrow. I'm starting to get my strength back and hope to get back to work next week. My left hand is still numb and only functions about 10%, my right hand is numb on the palm and fingertips but I can use it, and my torso is numb and feels tight. But my legs are back to about 90-95% and I'm feeling stronger and less tired every day.

Cool george, am glad things are starting to get better for you :)

BCLG100 said:
So hows everyones civ playing ability now? improved/the same/got worse
im tackling the gotm this month and finding it okish-its hard but score isnt everything in it-so i'd say im an emporer player right now :)

I'm playing GOTM as well will lose the game though :cry: My first try on immortal, they say Deity level game in next month :eek:

I know :eek: im doing ok in it just ive got to the modern age in an attempt to build a space ship and due to my machines immense suckiness it takes me about half an hour to play about 5 turns.

Top Bottom