GhoStory 1.01 You May /Not/ Return

Management Orders Session 6

Sorry for the gap in updates, holidays and new AC are my excuses. But more importantly the orders, it was at this point when I committed to having Mary Anne be a potential love interest for Sydney thus sealing her fate. I believe that these were the orders that spawned the Rumor #1 joke as well.

Red_Spy - Robin
Spoiler :
Red_Spy said:
1. Go to the store to pick up a flashlight and a pair of binoculars.

2. Annoy Alice, as usual.

3. Visit Marry Anne, don't know if that counts as annoying.
Rolls: -, +, +, -
Result: +3
Difficulty: +1

You obtain a flashlight with ease, you actually already possess one, and proceed to do some shopping for a good pair of binoculars. Due to your family's considerable wealth money is no object and you are able to purchase a very nice set of Maven binoculars.

Gained: Aspect: Equipment - Maven Binoculars (+1 Notice when viewing far away objects)

"Alice!"

"Dear god not again..."

Despite yourself you find yourself grinning, it had taken a bit of getting used to Alice's verbal abuse out of club but you knew she didn't mean it maliciously. You were pretty sure she didn't mean it maliciously. Like 80% - 70% sure depending on the weather.

"But this time I brought lunch to share!" you say holding out a bag of boxed turkish food.

Alice raises an eyebrow "You went out of your way to get middle eastern food?"

"Yep."

Alice sighs but grabs a box from your bag

"Aren't you going to offer to share anything?" you ask gesturing to her usual lunch of yogurt.

"...No." Alice says after a pause.

You shrug and dig into your food, "Yeah it was pretty hard to find but I guess you should know that huh?"

"No actually it's the first time I've had this kind of food." Alice quips

"Really?"

"Yep."

Gained: [+2 Empathy] This is a one use boost that you may apply to a roll next mission.

Today you ended up staying behind after most of the journalism club members left to help Mary Anne stack the pile of newspapers neatly so they can be delivered to the classrooms. You got roped into it when you entered to talk to her for the day and saw her sticking behind working, due to being raised a gentleman you offered to assist her.

"Well that's that then." says Mary Anne as she ties a string around the last stack to keep it in shape, "Thanks again for helpin' me out with this. I was fixin' to have everything in order earlier but I kinda ended up missin' a day, too busy playing the damsel in distress you know."

You shake your head "It's no problem Mary, I'm just glad you're feeling alright after all that's happened."

The dixie girl laughs a bit nervously while tugging her braid "Well what kind of investigative reporter would I be if I ain't gettin' into trouble every now an' then? I'm just happy y'all showed up before anythin' bad happened."

You drop the last stack of newspapers by the door of the clubroom and dust off your hands on your uniform's skirt when you feel a hand fall on your shoulder. Turning around you see Mary Anne looking at you with a serious expression.

"Robin, I get the feelin' this ain't the first time you've had to deal with those kidnappers with your club. I know y'all looked like you knew what you were doin' but still you gotta be careful alright? If you go missing I don't know if I'd be able to get you back safely."

You nod and give a few words of assurance but they ring hollow in your ears as you recall what you are planning to do soon against the cultists.

Gained: [+2 Investigate] This is a one use boost that you may apply to a roll next mission.

KaiserElectric - Sydney
Spoiler :
KaiserElectric said:
1. Stuuuuudy!
2. Hang out with Mary Anne, bring her up to date on the two other lairs that I found and ask if she knows about anything strange about the city hall building that we found.
3. Do some general power experimentation, focusing on if I can use the parts of something I dismantle can be built into something different.
Stuuuudying

You are sitting with Mary Anne in the journalism clubroom after most of the members have left, the two of you have been working on investigating a story about the school's planned expansion. Now that most of the other members are gone you slide up next to her and bring out your notes and map.

"Hey, Mary, look at this." you whisper while pointing to the map

She raises an eyebrow as she looks over the map "What is it?"

"Its the location of the other lairs I found." you say tapping the two points, "They're going to be doing something soon and something else will be happening at city hall, you wouldn't know anything weird about that place would you?"

"Uhh, it was renovated a few decades ago..." The dixie girl gives you a worried look "You ain't plannin' on going to them are you?"

"W-we have to, if we don't they'll kill more people." you explain

Mary Anne grimaces for a moment "I know that, I also saw what happened to Tanya an' Max. I'm just worried that if you keep chargin off after them you won't be coming back one day."

You give her some reassurances but cant shake off a building, ominous feeling.

Gained: [+2 Investigate] This is a one use boost you can use next mission.

You begin to experiment with your power outside of club using small disposable objects like a mechanical pencil. Holding it to bring up the wireframe in your mind you begin to focus on seeing if you can take the wireframe apart, while doing so you hear the clatter of something falling on the floor and open your eyes to see that the pencil has been dismantled while you held it.

Picking up the metal cap on the floor you again imagine the wireframe in your mind and begin to push and pull on it causing you to feel the cap morph in your hand until it forms a metal five pointed star.

CelticFury - Max
Spoiler :
Celticfury said:
Order 1: Study

Order 2: Experiment with object possession with Isaac. Specifically, see if clothing, metal, and electronics (pocket calculators and the like, nothing expensive) react differently to possession attempts.

Order 3: Ask Helen about her past, particularly her death. Don't let on that I know about her killing spree; just listen to her side of the story for now. Pay attention to how she acts, what she admits to and what she leaves out.
Studying

You work together with Isaac to see if you can get any further with object possession than you did with Helen. This time you are able to overcome the problems with forcing a wisp into an inanimate object but soon run into a whole new set of problems as you watch one of your spare shirts bulge and expand unnaturally before tearing itself to shreds after you put Isaac into it.

Attempting to put him into an iron pipe seemed to produce marginally better effects as the pipe merely warped in shape before you lost the ability to hold the wisp inside it. Ultimately it seems to be an issue of not enough experience working with Isaac that seems to be blocking you from progressing with object possession.

"My past huh, why would you want to know about that?" asks Helen while she floats by you while you walk on an empty stretch of road from the school to the nearest grocery store.

"I-Its natural to be curious about things like if we are hanging out for so long." You say coming up with an excuse on the spot.

Helen gives you a sideways glance but quickly returns to acting nonchalant "Well I was born a pretty long time ago... My mother was a nurse, my father a soldier. And I went to this school, uhhh, I guess that's it."

"That's it? How about anything else like, like how you died."

Helen refuses to look in your direction as you continue to walk in silence.

"..."

"..."

"I don't know." she finally says softly, breaking the lull.

"What do you mean you don't know!?" you ask disbelieving.

"I mean I don't remember how I died alright!?" screams Helen "It's been a long time!"

Before you can react Helen shoots off into the forest leaving you behind. You judge that it would be best not to give chase.

Gained: [+2 Knowledge] This is a one use boost you can use next mission.

Dem Taqat - Tanya
Spoiler :
Dem Taqat said:
Action 1: Interact with Mary Anne - It's been over a week since what happened to Mary, I should check up to make sure she's recovered fine, and hasn't had any other problems with Gordon or his like. I should also make sure she is aware I'm willing to help out if she runs into more weird stuff like that; she just has to let me know. That said, if the conversation gets onto how we got involved in the first place, I should probably avoid going into details and make clear that Sydney was the biggest contributor to that. After all, it's best not to make a fuss about it.
Action 2: Studying - My time in the club has been distracting from my studies, and my last test in particular wasn't great. Now that I know to be more cautious with my abilities, it's time to get in some more work before the next exam hits. At the very least, it will take my mind off what Sydney found.
Action 3: Interact with Shanon - Hockey is another good way to take my mind off these things, and its always nice to hang out with my friends afterwards. I've been feeling a bit down over all this, but I'm sure Chloe's chattering will keep them from noticing, and if they do I can just say I'm worried about the tests.
General Activities: I should try to avoid bothering Alice for a bit, I got the feeling the last few questions were rubbing on her and I know from Chloe some of the others have been bothering her a lot too, so if I give her some space for a while it should take some pressure off her.

DT
You decide to sit with Mary Anne during lunch so that you can make sure that she has been recovering well after being captured by Gordon and his cult.

"I've been right as rain, thanks for asking." says the dixie girl with a smile as a dull gold orb floats underneath her chin.

"Those cultists haven't been giving you any trouble have they?" you inquire

"Naw, all Gordon's number does now is give me a dead line so Syndey and I been investigating a different story. The planned expansion to the school, pretty unexciting compared to kidnappings."

"Well if he ever gives you trouble again just let me know." You have to admit that it is gratifying in a way to see Mary Anne's gold bubble shine a bit brighter after hearing your words. You've gotten all to used to seeing colors floating around people that clash all too regularly with what image they project.

As you continue to talk you see a small bubble of purple begin to slowly grow on Mary, curious you try to find out what's worrying her.

"Well- its just that I've been talkin' with Sydney and she's been doin' more investigating into those robed men, found some of their bases and everythin. I think she's fixing to hunt them down and confront them and I'm worried that she'll get herself hurt." Mary Anne mumbles as she looks down on her food, "But you'll keep her safe won't you? I hope I'm not being too annoying worrying about her."

"O-of course I will!" you assure her, "And its good to see that Sydney's got such a close friend after she moved to a new school."

You see small indigo and blue orbs appear around Mary Anne "Yeah, we're pretty close huh?"

Interesting...

Gained: [+2 Investigate] This is a one off boost you can use next mission.

Studying

You hang out with your friends after a hockey practice and find yourself at a small shopping center getting something to eat. You are talking with your friends who all have bright silver orbs floating around them after having won the scrimmage during practice.

"Glad to hear your brother is doing better now Tanya, you two have been rather accident prone lately." says Sharon while taking a swig of her fizzy drink.

You give a fake smile and nod at her, you know she doesn't mean any harm but being constantly reminded of the danger of dealing with the cultists is something you could do without for a while. Thankfully Sharon moves on to breaking down your last game and how the team can improve on their performance, you noticed that the girl could be very bright when she was interested in something. The only problem was that she was rarely interested in academic things. Having seen the bokken that you carry around regularly Sharon offered to teach you a bit of the martial arts she knew since you seemed interested in it.

Chloe meanwhile was chattering about the latest school rumors, each less probable than the last. Robin and Alice were dating, Max was going insane as tests were coming up, nothing about Sydney though. All in all it was a relatively normal day, something that you felt would be increasingly rare after the club's plan to assault the cult's bases.

Gained: [+2 Athletics] This is a one off boost you can use next mission.

Top Bottom