Giant Death Robot in Civ !?

Do you find useful an option in Custom Game to choose if you want GDR in game or not?

• Yes, I want that !

Votes: 310 55.2%
  • No, not really...

Votes: 252 44.8%

• Total voters
I voted yes on accident, too - just goes to show why choosing the correct question is so important to getting accurate poll results :)

Yeah, the way the poll is worded it's rather useless ... as proven by the many people who accidentally chose something they didn't mean.

Yeah, the way the poll is worded it's rather useless ... as proven by the many people who accidentally chose something they didn't mean.

Or people are accidents who are useless :goodjob:

Whoops sorry! No but the poll is good. I mean even if I vote Yes I still would not want a poll thats "Would you want a GDR or not" cause I want it. I just want an option excluding it to.

I just wish they hadn't given it such a silly name.

This is more or less my opinion as well.

Every other unit is named appropriately, and is a unit that should be taken seriously on all levels. It would be exceptionally foolish if we called Swordsmen "Scary Men with Iron Sticks". I feel the same principle applies here.

I am an expert on the subject. They are awesome.

I dunno, I voted yes on accident cuz I was tired.

I meant no.

Same here, was the question purposefully designed to trick the sleepy just woke up civ fanatics that are so fanatical that this forumn is the first stop of the day, even before going to the toilet and splashing water on your face (actually I did the later first :crazyeye:).

I say yes it was! And shame on you thread starter, I recon half the Yes votes are from people reading the question as "Should GDR's be in the game".

This is simply because of the threads title "Poll: Giant Death Robot in Civ !?" which isn't actually the poll that was put up, I generally don't read in depth the title of a poll inside a thread already titled the same thing (or atleast it should be).

So yeah, this poll is invalid due to being named incorrectly on the thread misleading sleepy fanatics into voting Yes because of the awesomeness of the GDR.

Robots are not "SF" which I'm assuming is a ridicliously lazy way of saying "Sci-Fi" lol.

They exist and are real.

You like playing combat just like mordern combat in real life, well we use robotics in warfare so yeah, welcome to the future sir, Robots are real.

A giant death robot can be built with todays technology. So I don't really see your point. The main reason why people don't like them is because they would be drastically inefficient in most cases.

P.s, Not another GDR thread o.0.

If you don't want them in your game then thats fine, you don't have to build them, personally I would prefer a lot more future or "SF" units in the game, the "Future Era" they have given us is the worst "Future" Era I have seen o.0, Atleast I get the GDR though, If you don't like the GDR then make a mod to remove it, hopefully someone else will make a mod to enchance the future era somewhat and then we can all have our cake and eat it.

P.s.s I voted Yes, Bring on the Giant Robot of DEATH!

Talking of rediculous the Sci-Fi channel changed thier name to Sy-Fy, i mean what the hell is up with that.

Ultimately civ is a game - it's not meant to go on forever. The tech tree is essentially finite. And so on.

A unit like the robot is (IMO) intended to push the end of the game and help wrap it up, even if it's thru slightly over the top destruction.

I'm sure they're costly to build, they do use a precious resource, and it's something I bet the player ends up building far more than the AI.

You guys need to chill. It looks like a joke unit to me. Something that you build when you have practically won anyways and want to give your idle cities something to do while you wait for your culture, tech or whatever victory. I doubt they much affect the outcome in most games. Maybe they will speed up the endgames where they have become overly long. Maybe my "tech obsessed warmonger" style is finally rewarded.

I know how impractical the Mecha would be in real life, but they are cool. Especially the pseudorealistic military types BattleTech has. I used to love that universe almost as much as the Star Wars universe. Such a rich storyline.

Every other unit is named appropriately, and is a unit that should be taken seriously on all levels. It would be exceptionally foolish if we called Swordsmen "Scary Men with Iron Sticks". I feel the same principle applies here.
...I hope one can rename units in Civ5 on an individual basis, because then my units are soooo getting names like "Gravitas, What Gravitas?", "Gravitas Free Zone", "Low Gravitas Warning Signal"... points if you get the reference! ;)

Cheers, LT.

...I hope one can rename units in Civ5 on an individual basis, because then my units are soooo getting names like "Gravitas, What Gravitas?", "Gravitas Free Zone", "Low Gravitas Warning Signal"... points if you get the reference! ;)

Your Avatar kind of gives it away, provided that you thought what I thought you thought. ;)

Thinking about it, I just found one advantage of a GDR. I mean, can you imagine some odd fella turning to a tank and shouting one of the eternally most important messages in the whole universe, "RUN!"? Doesn't make sense. With a Giant Death Robot however ... ;)

Do you need an option to add/remove for each unit in the game? No.
Do you need an option to add/remove for each tech in the game? No.
Do you need an option to add/remove for each city state in the game? No.

So if you make future era units optional then those things you listed has to become optional also? I dont think it works like that. What do they have to do with anything we are discussing about?

Also if you think civ is having too much options at the start of the game then as you said it:

So deal with it, or mod it. Or just don't play the game.

:king:

I dont belive that choosing do you want to have future units in your game or not at the start menu will ruin the game for anyone. Nobody hasnt complained about the must to choose difficulty level havent they?

Wait 55 people voted NOT to have the OPTION to remove it from each game? How stupid do you have to be not to want the OPTION...wow. *Facepalm*

This.

Do you need an option to add/remove for each city state in the game? No.

There is a standard option to choose the exact amount of city states you want per game. Including choosing 0 and removing them all together.

You have to be "this" stupid, indeed. Very true.

P.s "Sy-Fy", That doesn't even make sense, those marketing guys have lost the plot.

Bring on the GDR's. and no they definitely shouldnt give an option to remove them from the game,

Your Avatar kind of gives it away, provided that you thought what I thought you thought. ;)

Thinking about it, I just found one advantage of a GDR. I mean, can you imagine some odd fella turning to a tank and shouting one of the eternally most important messages in the whole universe, "RUN!"? Doesn't make sense. With a Giant Death Robot however ... ;)
Not quite - I was referring to The Culture. But that's a huge plus for the GDR, it can run! :D

Cheers, LT.

Admitting to your stupidity in this thread, has been the smartest thing you said yet.

And on comment to my comment agreeing that a previous statement was stupid you have posted a stupid comment, bravo, you just doubled the amount of stupidity.

Its a shame I can't say the same thing "smartest thing you've said" which was true, my comment humerously applying "this" to "stupid" was indeed very smart, however your comment saying I admitted to stupidity was anything but smart, but you sort of make up for it by correctly assuming I am smart but with the wrong workings to get there.

But its okay I forgive you, not everyone can be as smart as I, as you obviously agree and show.

Moderator Action: Trolling - warned
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Why would the "giant death robot" be a too "sci-fi" idea? We already have unmanned fighters and bombers. And there already exist robot war machine blueprints and schematics.

Actually , I believe it's the future of corporate warfare. :)

Top Bottom