Giant Earth Concept Map (256x256)

2) Well, I though exactly otherwise: since it's really so little, it can't affect city numbers, I just built them around and had only trouble with not so good tile output.
4) Hmm, I don't remember exactly, but I think Marines upgraded to helicopters.. Anyway I built a lot of helis to prepare invading islands at some point and was disappointed by myself, cause they couldn't. But the problem is that Special Ops says "only marine units can do it", I tried again just now, save with special ops in transport is attached. There is Navy Seal unit, I think he should do the work, but he's not there in the build menu.

Maybe yes, because its easier to get that Domination while safe in North and South America with some expansions in the Africa and Micronesia, but for some player in Europe, it would a lot harder to get those 25%, Eurasia would probably should've been mastered for that.
Maybe no, cause I enjoyed it just the way it was :goodjob:

Attachments

• the Inca, 2001 Special Ops.SAV
    1.3 MB · Views: 238
Well, I like the realistic marshes, but you can change it if you want.

If the Special Ops can't perform amphibious assaults, then it's a bug. They should be able to. :/

this may be what I am looking for instead of a bigger map for Rhye's. I am going to put the "Iroquois" back in though. And figure a way to stunt their growth a little early on.

Sorry for the late reply johnnyjal. Didn't notice your comment untill now. You can stunt them by placing some carefully planted forest. Make sure they have room to build at least 5-6 cities though. Otherwise they will never stand a chance.

Some fine ideas here Yoda. Probably going to be stealing them at some point in the future.
:D

Great work on the map too!

I am back to civ3 and I just saw your incredible map, I would like to know if you have available any version of it without rules changes except, that awesome terrain.

Thanks

I'm sorry there isn't. This is because the rules are changed to accomodate the terrain changes. But if you really want it here is what you can do.

1) Open the editor with just a blank map.
2) Go to the menu and choose "Custom Rules".
3) Save the blank map and close it.
4) Open the Giant Earth map.
5) Go to menu and choose "Import".
6) Click on all the different items under "Rules" except "Terrain and "Natural Resources". Also do not choose "Map" or "Scenario properties".
7) It asks you to pick a biq file. Choose the blank map you saved before.

That way you overwrite all the rules with the standard rules, except the special rules for terrain and resources.

I wrote this from memory, and 6) and 7) might be reversed, but hopefully you'll get it. Feel free to come back for help if it doesn't work. :)

I'm sorry there isn't. This is because the rules are changed to accomodate the terrain changes. But if you really want it here is what you can do.

1) Open the editor with just a blank map.
2) Go to the menu and choose "Custom Rules".
3) Save the blank map and close it.
4) Open the Giant Earth map.
5) Go to menu and choose "Import".
6) Click on all the different items under "Rules" except "Terrain and "Natural Resources". Also do not choose "Map" or "Scenario properties".
7) It asks you to pick a biq file. Choose the blank map you saved before.

That way you overwrite all the rules with the standard rules, except the special rules for terrain and resources.

I wrote this from memory, and 6) and 7) might be reversed, but hopefully you'll get it. Feel free to come back for help if it doesn't work. :)

Hi there...First of all...Amazing map..I just can't play it for some reason..when I get to the time when I can build battery..everytime I click on it it shuts down telling me that some file is missing..so I stopped clicking it but the same happened with Musketman...I tried that thing to import default rules for Your map but when I tried to load it after it stops at 76% percent and does not start..it is a shame because You have done a fantastic job with the terrain and I really want to have fun on this map hehe

Please help :)

It sounds like there's a problem with the paths to the Napoleonic units.

What version and language of civ are you using?

I think that perhaps you can solve your problem by copying the units from the Napoleonic folder into the units in the Giant Earth map folder. Then it doesn't matter if it can't load them from their original folder.

Thanks for advice..I'll try that...but I got another error message just in the begining(see attached screenshot)

I am using English language version 122Full Conquest

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image.jpg
    New Bitmap Image.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 341
Thanks for advice..I'll try that...but I got another error message just in the begining(see attached screenshot)

I am using English language version 122Full Conquest

Funny thing: I just added that line in the text file and it worked :)

Did you import the rules? Because then you will likely get an error message for many of the UU's when they are build by the AI.

Top Bottom