Giant Earth Maps

So GEM will crash for 2.8Lite because it doesn't contain all the LHs?

Or does it crash for both Lite and Full?

If it does this needs noted in the 2.8 Discussion and Bug thread sp players will know.

JosEPh

Play the other GEM made for 2.7. It has 36 starting civs and works fine for me, I do have the full version though.

Zappara, are you still working on 31 preset GEM?

I confirm along with others and you that the map crash after the first click of "End Turn" button.

Zappara, are you still working on 31 preset GEM?

I confirm along with others and you that the map crash after the first click of "End Turn" button.
Haven't checked it again yet - been sick and getting the mega pack ready has taken all my time this week. But I intend to check it out soon.

Tested the map yesterday and it works now after I had merged new RevDCM 2.61 to RoM - so with RoM 2.81 patch these giant maps should work again. I'll try to get the patch ready soon.

Cool! :D

Here is a weird bug...

I started the Giant Earth Map (not the one you created but the one you adapted from the original) without any modifications. It went to the first turn just fine. I even clicked "End Turn" and it went on to next two or so turns JUST FINE!

But I did not like the leaders for few of civs so I modded out Hannibal to be replaced by Dido, Alexander replacing Pericles, Atotztli replacing Mont(whatever(. The scenario started up to custom screen just fine. After I prepare it for the launch, I clicked Launch.

Here is the problem, it stopped at "Init Graphics" and say Runtime error. See, I started the unmodded version just fine. So it seems that it have problems getting graphics from Modules folder.

Any ideas how ot solve this?

Thanks!

I tried to play the GEM with 2.8 and the altered civs were back to their originals, Australia was back to being Celts etc.. Is there anyway to fix this? GEM worked fine with 2.71...

I tried to play the GEM with 2.8 and the altered civs were back to their originals, Australia was back to being Celts etc.. Is there anyway to fix this? GEM worked fine with 2.71...
Which GEM map? If I recall RoM has several GEM maps included... these maps should also now work with v2.81 patch.

This map is too large. 8g ram, although during the Middle Ages, the turn until the end of Waiting for 3 minutes.

This map is too large. 8g ram, although during the Middle Ages, the turn until the end of Waiting for 3 minutes.

Don't complain until you had tried out Afforess' A New Dawn modmodpack. Just download and run the installer, uncheck all the uncheckable boxes and install. It will have speed optimizations. Play (not save compatible). Then report back with your complaint, if you have any now :D.

Which GEM map? If I recall RoM has several GEM maps included... these maps should also now work with v2.81 patch.

i downloaded the 2.81 patch and overwrote the necessary 2.8 files. i attempted to load 3 different GEM maps:

1. the GEM map with no preset civs worked fine. i chose a "non original" civ, the assyrians, and they were still the assyrians when the game loaded.

2. the GEM map with 36 preset civs (including Israel, Australia, etc..) loaded, by did not work correctly. I chose a "non original" civ, australia, but they were the Celts (the civ that Australia originally was, before it was modded) when the game loaded.

3. the GEM map with 31 preset civs would not load and got a memory allocation msg or something. tried it twice.

Don't complain until you had tried out Afforess' A New Dawn modmodpack. Just download and run the installer, uncheck all the uncheckable boxes and install. It will have speed optimizations. Play (not save compatible). Then report back with your complaint, if you have any now :D.

is this something to do with the DCM that increases the game speed by about 15%, or is this something new?

Something new, he removed all the python callbaks, dont ask me what they are because i dont know but they are something in the code that isnt needed and slow the game down. some people are reporting up to 50% speed increases.

Something new, he removed all the python callbaks, dont ask me what they are because i dont know but they are something in the code that isnt needed and slow the game down. some people are reporting up to 50% speed increases.

tried to install it and play rom 2.81 but it crashed to desktop

2. the GEM map with 36 preset civs (including Israel, Australia, etc..) loaded, by did not work correctly. I chose a "non original" civ, australia, but they were the Celts (the civ that Australia originally was, before it was modded) when the game loaded.
That one requires RoM 2.8Mega version since those extra civs aren't included in the basic modpack.

That one requires RoM 2.8Mega version since those extra civs aren't included in the basic modpack.

how do i download "mega" for 2.8? on the main rom download page there are only options to download "full" and "lite." i downloaded "full."

I tried it on 2.81 I saw not very different. My purpose in the world map to play optimally. I do not want Giantic map. In the meantime, I can not find the giant map. Giant on the map until the Future era of optimum play, I know. Huge map is very frustrating to end the game quickly.

Top Bottom