Gifting carriers with bombers to citystates, latest patch (1.0.0.62)

Platin

Chieftain
Well i wanted a city state to conquer an AI capital, so i gifted it some units. Sadly i was not able to gift it airplanes, so i thought np, i will just station them on a carrier and gift the carrier with the bombers on it to the city state.

It did recieve the carrier, but did not use the bombers at all. The carrier still had the "3" number to the right of the symbol on top of it, so i clicked it and was still able to use my bombers. So the carrier got gifted, and the bombers did not. They also do not have an option to gift them to the city state, even in that situation.
Anyways, i did rebase the bombers to my citys. Here it got quite buggy, as the number "3" remained at the carrier, despite my bombers being no longer on it.
The number does not show up at their new location, no matter where i rebase them.
I can still select them via normal unit cycling during a turn, or by clicking on the number at the carrier.

Hm, no sorry, the autosaves already got overwritten with new ones. I'll see if i can recreate it when i get to the modern area again in another game.

@Platin
Your post is confusing, but after manipulating with one of my own saves I think I'm understanding your problem(s).

- before the 1.0.0.62 patch giving away a loaded carrier meant you actually only gave away the carrier and you simply could not give away the airplanes.
With the latest patch, a full loaded carrier + 3 fighters, you'll be giving away all units one by one.
So, the last unit will be the carrier to give away.

- your second problem, the false numbers on the carrier.
Here's my experience :
The number stayed the same in the middle of a turn dispite unloading, BUT
when I gave away the fighters the next turn set the number on the carrier went down.
The correct number was also shown the next turn if I had given away the fighters the previous turn.

Here's a save :
The game was corrupt, it went into an endless loop and never reached turn 477, however with the 1.0.0.62 patch suddenly the problem was gone.

Top Bottom