"Gifts of the Nile" scenario

I was able to win a peaceful (only taking one city state to get to seven cities) Nubia game on Emperor by prioritizing the settler techs and civics and choosing religious beliefs that generated or saved faith. It took about 80 turns, and Egypt was up to 3 temples (and 7 holy sites when I finished). I suspect it would be possible to cut down that finish time a bit, but I doubt it would be enough to win on Deity without going to war with Egypt.

I was able to win a peaceful (only taking one city state to get to seven cities) Nubia game on Emperor by prioritizing the settler techs and civics and choosing religious beliefs that generated or saved faith. It took about 80 turns, and Egypt was up to 3 temples (and 7 holy sites when I finished). I suspect it would be possible to cut down that finish time a bit, but I doubt it would be enough to win on Deity without going to war with Egypt.

I have won peaceful religious victories on Deity as both Egypt and Nubia. (Well, of course, Egypt was at war with the invaders, but I never declared war between Egypt and Nubia.) My first religious belief was adding a wild card. Then I went for the faith generating beliefs. As Egypt, I started by taking two nearby city states before I lost the pitati on turn 6. As both Egypt and Nubia I used settlers to build cities where I could take full advantage of the faith generating Jebel Barkal. I made sure to build that as both Egypt and Nubia. I was able to build all 7 temples sometime around turn 90.

Getting out to explore and be the first to meet as many city states as possible is also important. It is very helpful to become suzerain of Punt for the happiness.

I have now completed all 10 of the new achievements, and am ready for the next DLC6!

Getting out to explore and be the first to meet as many city states as possible is also important. It is very helpful to become suzerain of Punt for the happiness.

I've tried playing the peaceful scenario victory but it is so hard (on deity).
As Nubia going for domination is so much easier cos the Pitati archer is vastly superior to any in Egypt's.

Watch this guy's playthough on Youtube. (I only watched 5 mins of the beginning and end) https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsZAPcjPI-xIS967OAdnxan-gAT-_9Ink
[...]
I've tried playing the peaceful scenario victory but it is so hard (on deity).
He plays quite good.

Still I have to see one who takes systematically advantage of the farm adjacency bonus. Initial population growth is important. (At least I'd prioritise in the beginning the 4 & 5 food from the grassland & floodplain farms to the south over working the double fooddeficient ironmine.)

He plays quite good.

Still I have to see one who takes systematically advantage of the farm adjacency bonus. Initial population growth is important.

Good idea. The oasis in this mod yield plenty of food. I was trying to play a "settle the Oasis" strategy with Nubia but on deity Egypt just goes on a rampage taking over city states and getting ahead.

Playing Egypt is much easier. Strategy: settle the lush Nile delta FTW :egypt:

The oasis in this mod yield plenty of food. I was trying to play a "settle the Oasis" strategy with Nubia
Well, I meant just the initial population growth of Kerma ... you know, in the beginning of the 'snowballing', when the snowball is still tiny as a marble, when magic lies in every single action ...

In turn 5 he buys the floodplain to the south. I suggest to buy and work this floodplain immediately after the foundation of Kerma (simply because it is by far the best available tile).

After finishing the first unit, the builder, he improves 1) the double fooddeficient desertHillsIron [0F-3P-science], 2) the bought floodplain [4F-0P-0] (but not the grassland in between, so misses the bonus), 3) the adjacent fish [3F-0P-gold](would buy this fish much later, probably even after the goldmine), 4) the other fish [3F-0P-gold]
Σ = 10F-3P-1science-2gold

I would prefer to improve 1) the bought floodplain [5F-0P-0] , 2) the grassland in between [4F-0P-0], 3) & 4) both plains to the north of Kerma [3F-1P-0] & [3F-1P-0]
Σ = 15F-2P-0
This boosts already irrigation with the first builder. Kerma's holy site should be build on the "5 river-tiles" adjacent to the northern fish.

I'm uncertain: can much later, when Kerma no longer really needs this amount of food surplus, the "4 river-tiles" plainsFarm tile to the northwest (ie. 1st ring of Kerma) be used by maybe the 5th or 6th Nubian city as holy site?

Top Bottom