Gildia.pl preview - Gods & Kings

Will check it out after dinner. However if someone can translate & post it here, that would be welcome. :)

"Now, for example, opening the border will be possible only in the early Middle Ages."

Did we know this?

Heard it before, been moved back to a much later tech, presumably to slow exploration

"Bogowie i Królowie"? Did they choose the title "Gods and Kings" specifically so it would rhyme in Polish?

"Bogowie i Królowie" - this is a polish words :p Kings - Królowie and Gods - Bogowie :p :king::king:

Yes. I don't speak Polish but it looks like these two words rhyme because they are spelled the same way, which is interesting. But maybe that's just how things are pluralized in Polish?

No improvement on the battle AI. Its probably still being tweaked for the finished product. I doubt they would worry too much about combat AI in a demo. They would concentrate on new features and mechanics, which from what you have said, they have done. Nice preview thanks for posting it. :)

This is the second article I have read saying that the combat AI is horrible. The devs have said in many interviews the combat AI is markedly improved, but they have not shown us evidence of this. Now, I am actually thing of waiting to buy GnK until I find out that combat AI has indeed improved. I do not think wasting money on it is worth it, if that is not the case.

I hope I am correct that the final AI is not present in the demo. Even in Civ 4 Warlords the AI did improve from vanilla.

So is this the new menu pic or the other one with black bearded guy?

Thx! Czech review .. well there is no problem with me .. Because I understand exactly Czech is almost identical to Polish .. .. well, almost.. :p ...

I remember my Polish friend saying that Slovakian is even more close to Polish.

Some points from the article:

-new intro
-reworked main menu
-option to disable combat animations in multiplayer
-AI in early eras (before Christ, as said in the text) could comquer up to two-three neighbouring civs, meaning it's more aggresive on occasion, BUT in the last paragraph the reviewer says the AI is too passive and can't handle the war well, though it's good at religion and economy. This contradiction lacks a bit of logic.
-AI doesn't send civilians without guarding unit, so it isn't captured by barbarians that often
-some social policies can speed up acquisition of Faith
-religious pressure from cities has 10-hex radius (already known)
-you need to establish embassy of another civilization before you can open borders or sign RA's
-copper confirmed

The reviewer says GaK "looks better than Beyond the Sword, save for the lacking AI".

Honestly, I didn't have high hopes of improved AI's. That would be nice but for real AI's are never gonna be good.

Some points from the article:
-AI in early eras (before Christ, as said in the text) could comquer up to two-three neighbouring civs, meaning it's more aggresive on occasion, BUT in the last paragraph the reviewer says the AI is too passive and can't handle the war well, though it's good at religion and economy. This contradiction lacks a bit of logic.

He was saying about review version of civ V vanilla - not G&K. He had opportunity to review test version of ciV and he says that in that version AI was better than in the final of ciV

Top Bottom