1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Girl Power!! A Playground Mod story

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Stories & Tales' started by DJ Bonebraker, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Bluemofia

Bluemofia F=ma

Waa??? Staff actually expanding? Der gasp!

And to answer your question, I actually didn't think of the Matrix until after it was implemented. But meh. Would have given them a fitting king unit (modify the Bond unit with sunglasses.)

2. The Omega

The Omega Completely Insane

WHAT? The Staff was able to build multiple cities?:eek:

I've never seen them able to do something like that without collapsing from bankruptcy before....

3. DJ Bonebraker

DJ Bonebraker a.k.a Laura

Well, do keep in mind that I'm playing on a fairly high difficulty level (Monarch), which means that the AI IS fairly cabable of handling its finances in a reasonable manner.... That probably explains why the Staff are so behind in research: They're spending it all on supporting units....

4. The Omega

Well, the foreign adviser always says that the Staff is behind on techs, but that's not because of them being behind, but because they have a completely separate tech tree than everyone else.

5. Quintillus

Quintillus Archiving Civ3 Content Supporter

:lol: A very good update. What military units can you build now? I'm guessing you've got archers and catapults, anything more than that? Maybe horse units from the Tactics?

Is fourth grade the highest grade or are there more grades on the tech tree than usual?

6. The Omega

If he's just entered third grade, he should be able to build girl warriors, girl agents, gatling cannons, transports, and battleships.

And the tech tree goes up to High School. The ages are divided like so:
    1) 1st and 2nd Grade
    2)3rd and 4th grade
    3)5th Grade
    4)Middle School (Last tech is High School)

7. DJ Bonebraker

Yeah, what The Omega said: Right now, all I have for military units is Battleships, Transports, Gatling Cannons, Girl Warriors and Girl Agents.....

...And the only faction that can train horse units is, appropriately enough, called Horse.

...And you might laugh about the Giant Octopi, but those things (based on their stats at least) would be more than capable of sinking any ship in the Epic mod (they have higher attack than a battleship or Aegis Cruiser!!!)

And the reason I made the comment about how behind the times most of the teachers were is because of some of the T-shirts that kids got away with wearing in my Middle and High School... I mean anybody who hadn't been living under a rock for the past 30 years should've been able to tell that they were not-so-subtle drug or sexual references (which were banned at our school)....

8. Bluemofia

Bluemofia F=ma

Ha, and the reason why we shoved the stats so high, is under our logic, we need something to completely pwn transports so they won't run around unguarded. And also, the extra defense provides more defense against bomber raids (they do less damage per attack on average). The Giant Octopus needs to have lots of attack so they will actually be a threat to non transport ships.

So thus they are a bit more sturdy than the regular Civ III ships.

9. Quintillus

Quintillus Archiving Civ3 Content Supporter

I want to see a picture of a Giant Octopus! :lol:

I'm not surprised they're powerful, they sound rather large and scary. I thought it was rather funny that the barbarian ships were replaced with Giant Octopi!

10. The Omega

I find your lack of progress.... Disturbing.....

11. DJ Bonebraker

Sorry, I'm just too busy with the FF mod right now to do anything with this story. Now if I was to get some help around here..... :mischief:

12. Nuka-sama

Nuka-sama :)

I demand an update :p

13. Headbanger

Headbanger Warlord

The toy store has a crossbow in it? :undecide: