Give me a scenario to explore a UU

I did a play through as Arabia taking the UU for a spin and had a great time. (Beeline Mamluks, medieval conquering spree.)

Any other ideas for focusing on a particularly fun UU? Maybe something like USA, rushing (?) to air power and strafing the world in Mustang fire?

Thanks!

Signed,

Guy looking for a reason to play another game of Civ 6.

Going Greece (particularly Gorgo) and sweeping the map with your hoplites and archers is quite Alexander-like. Same for Rome and their legions.

More fun, I think, is choosing England and than go crazy with Sea Dogs and frigates. Seadogs, while expensive, can be ridiculous units. I once built 3 Sea Dogs and ended up with a 3 sea dog, 3 privateer, 6-8 frigate navy. Definitely worth the hammers for the 3 original sea dogs.

In the later eras the best UUs are those you can upgrade to. Roosevelt's Rough Rider would be fun as you can afford an unlimited amount of them, but unfortunately they take too long to build and you're better off upgrading Horsemen to Cavalry.

Cossacks are super strong. Bring along a siege tower and you don't need anything else.

Conquistadors with missionaries, that religious belief that gives +10 strength, a couple of Great Generals and oligarchy can get up to 90 strength. They should be one shotting medieval AI cities as long as you have a siege tower.

Thanks! Keep them coming, please.

Is a Berserkers game even fun?

I want to see how fast you can get P-51 Mustangs and put them to good use :) I'm much more interested in air power for this iteration, but getting to Flight is a pain in the butt.

Is a Berserkers game even fun?

Berserker
Cost: 180
Movement: 2 (4 if starting in enemy territory)
Strength: 40 (+7 when attacking, -7 when defending)
Can be upgraded to: No
Requires useless dead end tech: Yes

Knight
Movement: 4
Strength: 48
Can be upgraded to: Yes, from Heavy Chariot
Requires useless dead end tech: No

I just don't get what they were thinking when designing the Berserker. The standard knight is better in every way.

Berserker
Movement: 2 (4 if starting in enemy territory)
Strength: 40 (+7 when attacking, -7 when defending)
Can be upgraded to: No
Requires useless dead end tech: Yes

Knight
Movement: 4
Strength: 48
Can be upgraded to: Yes, from Heavy Chariot
Requires useless dead end tech: No

I just don't get what they were thinking when designing the Berserker. The standard knight is better in every way.
Is that move modifier for Berserkers from a mod? I don't think they even have that normally, or at least I've never actually had that happen for me.

I want to see how fast you can get P-51 Mustangs and put them to good use :) I'm much more interested in air power for this iteration, but getting to Flight is a pain in the butt.

Yeah, maybe I'll try an America game with some self-imposed rule like no building new combat units after Flight other than flight units? (Then again, I'll probably have used a small, highly promoted army to conquer at least my entire continent by then, so it may not be any different than any other game lol.)

Yeah, maybe I'll try an America game with some self-imposed rule like no building new combat units after Flight other than flight units? (Then again, I'll probably have used a small, highly promoted army to conquer at least my entire continent by then, so it may not be any different than any other game lol.)

Do an advanced start in the atomic era (or the era before if you want some built-up). The advanced start functionality works well, I've enjoyed some later start games with it!

Do an advanced start in the atomic era (or the era before if you want some built-up). The advanced start functionality works well, I've enjoyed some later start games with it!
I would be personally more interested (and more amused) if Sebastian Civ could do this run starting from the Ancient era like any other game, especially with an incredibly minimal amount of units :3 It'd basically be a game of NR300ish.

On a separate note, the '@' functionality for linking a member doesn't seem to work well with spaces.

Going Greece (particularly Gorgo) and sweeping the map with your hoplites and archers is quite Alexander-like. Same for Rome and their legions.

More fun, I think, is choosing England and than go crazy with Sea Dogs and frigates. Seadogs, while expensive, can be ridiculous units. I once built 3 Sea Dogs and ended up with a 3 sea dog, 3 privateer, 6-8 frigate navy. Definitely worth the hammers for the 3 original sea dogs.
How??? I can't get the Seadogs to capture other ships.

Brazil on a Fractal map. Holy wow is that Warship ridiculous. Plan on a mid-late game conquering spree where you go around blasting cities down to zero HP in a single turn. If you get the Venetian Arsenal too you'll rule the world. And when your Amenities start flagging because of war weariness, prop yourself up with cheap Entertainment districts.

Sumeria's Donkey-Carts are nice and upgrade to sweet donkey-riding Knights (at least, that's how I picture them in my mind, it'd be a waste of donkeys otherwise :D)

Speaking of UUs, has any of you actually built an U-Boat?

America's UUs kind of stink, tbh. Mamluks are fun... try Russian Cossacks if you like the horsies. You can upgrade into them and remember, they can move, attack, and withdraw.
I agree with everything here. The P-51 and Rough Rider aren't really that great, but Mamluks and Cossacks are so awesome.

This thread caused me to finally go back and actually look at Brazil's UU's numbers. They're almost unreal:

Compared to a Battleship it has:
+ 10 Ranged Strength
+ 10 Melee Strength
+ 10 Anti-Air Strength (really? I've never seen it in action)

But it ALSO unlocks at Nationalism (Industrial civic) instead of Combined Arms (Atomic tech). I'm not kidding when I say this thing owns its era. I suppose it being a boat makes a little less useful, but any city within 3 tiles of the sea is in big trouble.

This thread caused me to finally go back and actually look at Brazil's UU's numbers. They're almost unreal:

Compared to a Battleship it has:
+ 10 Ranged Strength
+ 10 Melee Strength
+ 10 Anti-Air Strength (really? I've never seen it in action)

But it ALSO unlocks at Nationalism (Industrial civic) instead of Combined Arms (Atomic tech). I'm not kidding when I say this thing owns its era. I suppose it being a boat makes a little less useful, but any city within 3 tiles of the sea is in big trouble.
Yeah this thing unlocks so early it's ridiculous!

Plus it doesn't need coal.

Top Bottom