• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Giving C2C the bird

It's not that Peyote (and other things) per se float with viewports. It's that when you SWITCH the viewport such that the terrain at viewport coordinates X,Y (which has the Peyote or whatever) is a different height to the terrain that previously appeared at that (X,Y) coordinate with the previous viewport, then the game engine seems to retain some memory of the height it thinks that X,Y has even though its been given a totally new terrain and marked as dirty (same as if you'd changed the terrain in Worldbuilder in essence so far as the game engine is concerned)

Ah... right. Ok, so it's like it might think that peyote on the plains there should be on a mountain. I understand. I remember reading the threads that got that project started and I do know its a lot about trying to trick the map mechanism into thinking its delivering something its not in a lot of cases. Makes sense.

OK, so I tweaked the peyote nif so it is now centered on the plot instead of hiding over at the edge of the plot pretending it is on the plot next door..

Attachments

• peyote.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 23
@God-Emperor

I don't suppose you know how to fix my Head Hunter unit do you?

Head Hunter
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12413664&postcount=1982

Not exactly. It sounds like it probably has something to do with the bones, like their names not matching the ones used by the desired animations. But I didn't actually look. I suggest comparing the names of the bones for your unit and the one that the animations are originally for. If they are named differently, but they all exist in the same layout, I think you can just rename them to match what the animation is expecting.

Noticed the Hawks etc in play last night... very nice! They take a dip when they attack and it really makes them look like they are flying in for a strike now (rather than disappearing beneath the ground in an awkwardly impossible lunging maneuver!)

OK, so I tweaked the peyote nif so it is now centered on the plot instead of hiding over at the edge of the plot pretending it is on the plot next door..

Looks good in game. I'll update the SVN with it when I next do an update. I am about a third of the way through doing the first part of a balancing change to subdued animals.

Top Bottom