GK2- The Training Day Experiment

It is great to hear so many folks are benefiting from this game. A hearty :thumbsup: to ainwood for starting a TDG up. I would encourage anyone that feels like they are up to it to start one. I think it is the mark of a thriving community, when experience is passed down to new members.

Thanks for the praise guys. Well Solar is up, please let the group know what you plan on doing before you take your turns.

I got it, will post up my plans later today

I need to resign from this Training Day, because I'm having difficulty finding time and putting effort into this, and I'm not active CivIII player anymore. You should find someone who's more motivated and active to replace me.

Sorry about this guys.

@Shogun: Sorry you have to bow out. Enjoyed it, take care, maybe we'll catch you in another game. Take it easy!

@Gengis, Bugsy: Spleen got in on Ainwood's TDG, but there was a 6th who wanted to play didn't get in. I took the liberty of PMing him.

Scout, you are terrific. Good headwork PMing the 6th player.

We ought to make your our administrator.

Does someone still has the save game.

I have read this was a good thread to learn a bit better Civ3

coletite: Thanks! We'll let you know in the next day if he's in or not.:)

Z: Check out the 1st page. It has all the saves, and handly links to some of our discussions. (which reminds me I need to update it again.:()

Certainly a very interesting thread, guys, well done.

I have been a Civ player since the original (remember those flat tile units and the BLACK railways??) - I used to regularly whip the AI on Emperor for Civ2, but seem to have really struggled somehow to adjust to C3C, so I have been amazed by the amount of help available in this web site :)

I would love to be a part of a future succession game, just so that I can see if anything has rubbed off!

Tallanas said:
I would love to be a part of a future succession game, just so that I can see if anything has rubbed off!
@Tallanas - Welcome! First post, hey! :thumbsup:

I believe they are still accepting sign-ups in SGOTM2. One neat thing about that for new players is that the admins will place you with a team. Though I believe it's an emperor level game this month, the admins also do a good job of spreading the skill around, so any team you're on will probably have at least one strong player.

Tallanas said:
Certainly a very interesting thread, guys, well done.

I have been a Civ player since the original (remember those flat tile units and the BLACK railways??) - I used to regularly whip the AI on Emperor for Civ2, but seem to have really struggled somehow to adjust to C3C, so I have been amazed by the amount of help available in this web site :)

Welcome to the forums :band:

There is a succession game of the month signup going on at the current moment at the following link. Sign ends either today or friday, the game starts on the 15th.

SGOTM2 link

Make sure to indicate your current play level and they will place you on a team with more experienced players. Alot of the TDG gang has already signed up for it.

Also be sure to check out the great articles in the War Academy.

EDIT: My first crosspost. Scout was quicker to the draw. :lol:

Yes I see right under the first pic of the starting place a link to the save file, but as allready pm'ed to mad bax

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Z_
I can't find the save game in the how to inprove your game. He seems not to exist anymore.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showt...&threadid=81351

This is the thread.

Thunderfall has deleted it from Uploads6

I don't have it any more I'm afraid. I thought it was safe on the server. Post a message in the thread. I bet someone will have it. If not, don't worry. There will be another TDG soon - Well 6 weeks if you can wait that long.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

_Z_ said:
Yes I see right under the first pic of the starting place a link to the save file, but as allready pm'ed to mad bax

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Z_
I can't find the save game in the how to inprove your game. He seems not to exist anymore.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showt...&threadid=81351

This is the thread.

Thunderfall has deleted it from Uploads6

I don't have it any more I'm afraid. I thought it was safe on the server. Post a message in the thread. I bet someone will have it. If not, don't worry. There will be another TDG soon - Well 6 weeks if you can wait that long.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

The most recent is contained in Shogun's post on page 44 post #873. I clicked on it and it will download. It's titled "Lets Invade Japan". That might be the confusion you are having. I have noticed that since the server upgrade some of the earlier saves from some of the SG are no longer available.

This should also be a direct link to the current save
TDG800BC save

Hmm, I was assuming it was safe on the server as well. Wonder if scouts still has his backup? That's definatly not something we want to lose.

Solarknight's 3000 BC Save is still on the server. That's only 20 turns from the start. I'll look this evening to see if I've still got my 4000 BC save from this game.

Didn't Mad-Bax create this little world for us? If nobody can find a copy that they downloaded, perhaps he saved his...

I'm real tempted to put my "attachments" thing back in my sig...:rolleyes:

Top Bottom