Global warming mod

@Talin2009

<start :mischief:>
That is +5% over natural. Not 5% of natural.

It is not possible to expand endlessly. The galaxy is finite and we can't even get off planet!
<end :mischief:>

I hope you mean Universe, and anyway, whether the universe is finite or not has not yet been proven. Heck, we can't even tell if it's expanding anymore, do to some changes in Astronomy.

Then there is always the multiverse if infinite universes are possible.

I hope you mean Universe, and anyway, whether the universe is finite or not has not yet been proven. Heck, we can't even tell if it's expanding anymore, do to some changes in Astronomy.

But what about the WMAP? A huge wall of microwave radiation and super heated plasma at the edge of it, that impedes light's progress sounds like a finite universe to me.

Sounds like I should invest heavily in Virgin Galactic. ;)

:mischief:

Well, i might be sounding like alarmist, but jokes aside, i didn't mean war like previous ones with brigades of tanks,

I don't know if you have read about Reconquista scenario being discussed for last 3 years or so as most probable turn of events.

Basically dollar-driven economy came to an end with internal and external debts beyond any means of being paid (approx. 80 trillions and worsening), (it been coming to it for last 30 years , fall of USSR gave time and additional markets but it was all eaten away by 2000, thus 09-11-2001 had to happen opening next stage).

There are 2 possible ways of events - controlled hyperinflation and uncontrolled deflation.

In first world capitals (primarily EU, Arabian, Japanese) must first come to dollar, for this all other economics must be brought to chaos (by crashing markets, revolutions, ecological disasters or even wars if needed). For this simplest (and necessary) way is trying to damage as many outer-US economics as possible (primary target blowing up Middle East through provocations and purposedly bringing islamists to power in Pakistan and possibly initiating conflict with India, to strike Iran by Israel, to initiate revolts and civil wars in Saudi Arabia and lesser arabian states, many possibilities here ... with aim to block all energy (oil and gas) routes to Europe and China who import around 50% of their oil-gas from that region whereas US imports oil and gas from Western hemisphere - mexica, venezuela (only 10-11% comes from Gulf). Dollar becomes only world currency with exceptions of China and Russia. China can be militarily destroyed using tactical nukes in around 2017-2018, with Russia being blockaded and isolated from world economy. Inner consupmtion comes to reasonable levels, debts are burned with 4-5 times hyperinflation, state debt comes into reasonable amount (compared to GNP), and US economy restarts and becomes world leading again with US being only superpower left on the planet. Long live NWO! This is logically the way of things to be chosen (and planned and implemented) if we suppose West (despite different political parties and financial clans) have one center of planning and implementing decisions (history of XIX-XX centuries proved that to be true, if we accept fact that WW1 was made to weaken Europe continental countries and WW2 (one of it's targets) was to bring US to domination (economical and political) by further weakening Europe (now including Britain among it's victims), getting old Britain markets, and many more things).

In second outcome - uncontrolled deflation, things get out of control, default is being declared to state treasury notes and bills, companies, cities and households go mass bankrupt, economy as we know it ceases to exist going to barter, dollar is cancelled from world economy and US going to be excluded from world politics and economics for 10-20 years and gets blamed for all of it. Of course this is not scenarion any sane leading power would accept or just watch happening.

Well, actually that was something like 400 pages of text with numbers, graphs... It was written (main part of it) in 2007 predicting 2008 crisis with analysis what will happen and why it will or will not happen. I only tried to give some keypoints here. And sorry for offtopic again, i can't help myself :mischief:

Your scenario has one fatal flaw. It assumes technology and innovation stagnate. I suspect that with increased demand for resources, we will see amazing innovations, especially in the field of energy.

@Talin2009: short answers to long text statements indicate a lack of interest of other for a serious discussion - that might come form the fact that this topic was discussed long enough. at least keep your post short if you persist on talking on that topic.

as to the development of the future: it'll find always find a way. furthermore all evolutionary processes evolve exponentially P-almost sure. they only can be stopped by the lack of catastrophes because in that case they achieve convergence and stop evolving as they reach perfect adaptation.

But what about the WMAP? A huge wall of microwave radiation and super heated plasma at the edge of it, that impedes light's progress sounds like a finite universe to me.

The background radiation is just the limit for the observable universe, it doesn't actually tell us anything about the size of the entire universe. Of course since the most distant observable objects are moving away from us at superluminal speeds it really puts a limit to how far we could reach without FTL travel.

:sarcasm: I think this entire debate is pointless as we all only have 2 years to live... Instead of arguing over pointless topics such as, "Global Warming", we should be preparing for the apocolypce. For example, you could repent, or do everything you've always wanted to do, or dig a really big hole and fill it with food, water, explosives... :mischief: However, it really is up to you how you want to spend your last days in the world we know...

Huh, the whole discussion has been really interesting although it seems like it is too late to participate in the environmental/political debate.
However do you think it might still be possible to ask about the climate change mod ?
Is it still on tracks ? I would really need something similar for my own mod.

why oh why this thread don't want to die?

EDIT: i'm such an idiot! i helped bump it again! no! no! nooo! remind my self: don't post in threads you want to see dead...

Hardly anyone wants to die :)

Hardly anyone wants to die :)

Which brings forth an interesting quandary...

Are threads sentient beings? Or are they just a pale reflection of the people who participate in them, shining in the dark, like the moon? Is the Internet... alive? A ghost in the machine? Can it have dreams? Does it have...secrets?

Existentialism on CFC? Never! :)

Well, well, at least it looks like the thread is not in the mood to give me an answer.
Actually, why wouldn't it be alive ? Since I have no proof that you guys actually exist, I could be talking directly to the internet without even realizing it.
Killtech -> apologies ^^

Turing test ahoy! :D

Top Bottom