1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

GMR Into The Renaissance

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Multiplayer' started by EEE_BOY, Sep 14, 2012.

1. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

Allo all. This dog won't hunt...or upload. Help?

2. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

Trying to revert now.

3. RStark

RStark Prince

I am not able to load the save game on my desktop. Tomorrow I can try to load the save file on my laptop. However I am not sure it will help.

Maybe we should try to revert the turn?

I have also noticed that the save file has rather large weight in comparison with other GMR save files from different games. It weighs nearly 2.5 megabyte

Edit: played out the turn on my laptop

4. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

Yes. That's the fall patch did to our save files, which is also believed to be one of the reasons for GMR bugs lately and Crash to desktop.

5. RStark

RStark Prince

"Kings, princes and emperors, the rulers of Christendom, my brothers in faith! The king of Sweden, Gustavus Adolphus is speaking to you:

Horrifying news!
    Holy City of all Christianity, Jerusalim, has fallen to the hands of the Ayyubids, unfaithful Muslims. They deny Holy Church, they rob christian pilgrims, they enslave our brothers and sisters in faith!
    Me, the King of Sweden, call you to arms against the infidels! Call you for the Crusade! We should crash those unfaithful Muslims! We should liberate and secure Holy Sepulchre in the city of Jerusalim!
    Stop the feuds and shed fraternal blood! Let us unite for the sake of God! Only participation in the upcoming crusade can make God forgive your sins and misdeeds. Deus vult!"

Organizational issues of the proposed crusade:
    Gustavus would like to become the head of the first crusade. The aim: liberation of Jerusalim.
    He promises to divide spoils of war according to the military force and efforts each of participant devotes for this crusade.
    Who would like to join the crusade among catholics, sign up! :)

6. Foffaren

Foffaren King

Allahu akbar!
    The one true God will never fall! He will bring down the sky and the sea on the christian infidels!
    Do not falter. The Moors will come to the aid of our brothers in faith!

7. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

Would that be alittle bit far fetched? Sweden to Middle East. Even your forces make it to the Turks. They are obsolete. By the way. Ayyubids could notclaim responsibility of such an honourable action. The brave Turks claimed the honour.

8. RStark

RStark Prince

We don't need to cross the lands of Turks and Byzantium in order to reach Jerusalim. We can come to the shore of Adriatic Sea, and from there set sail to the coast of Middle East. ;)
    However, crusaders need some foothold in Mediterranean in order to buy triremes by faith and upgrade our weaponry.

9. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

Your plan sounds unrealistic. Isnt Vantican your holy city? If you send too many forces here. The England and France might want to take the opportunity to expand into Sweden

10. RStark

RStark Prince

Why unrealistic? In real history there were numerous crusades to liberate Jerusalim. I think one of Catholicism's beliefs, "holy warriors", was included by the devs, so we can succesfully take part in crusades to very distant lands.
    Jerusalim is a holy city for both christians and muslims. Whoever owning it will gain the special bonus of points every turn.
    There was a sacred law in the medieval Europe: if any feudal lord with his army takes part in the crusade, the neighbours of this lord are obliged not to attack his lands until he returns from the crusade. I hope the catholic rulers in this game will also try to follow this law. :)

I just want to make our game more interesting and vivid. Why can't we simulate the real history by fighting in crusades?

11. Foffaren

Foffaren King

Again with the play to win. I love the idea of a crusade that I can sink to the bottom of the mediterranean. Way more interesting than winning. Well, exept the war. I will win the war in the name of Allah.

12. LostKnight

LostKnight A wandering knight

The Turks have liberated Jerusalem to prevent any outside interference. Jerusalem is Islam's holy city, not christianity.

We will defend our pilgrims till all the sand around it is red with infidel's bloods!

13. michaeltrnka

michaeltrnka intergalactic hitchhiker

Is anyone else disappointed with the leaders for this scenario? Elizabeth is a fine choice for England as a whole but for this scenario I think Richard the Lionheart would have been much better.

14. Atlas627

Atlas627 Deity

Actually, much of the historical crusades were simply a continuation of the Viking invasions. And yes, their armies were somewhat...lacking by the time they reached the Holy Land. Didn't stop them!

What did stop them was mostly trying to hold on to the territory afterwards, when King and armies had departed.

15. LostKnight

LostKnight A wandering knight

Some crusaders did not even bother actually going to Jerusalem. Why invade a foreign nation when your neighbours land will do!

16. RStark

RStark Prince

The king of Sweden is deeply sad.
    Among all catholic rulers, only Elisabeth of England replied to our Call for Crusade. But she sent us a conditional offer which Gustavus should have fullfilled in order to make her troops participate in the crusade. We could not meet her demands.
    So Gustavus has to withdraw from the rightful cause of liberating Jerusalim, because Sweden is not powerful enough to fight muslims of the Near East alone. :sad:

17. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

The English need to worry the Celts. Religious war is never truely religious in nature. It's mostly an excuse to grab land and power under the 'righteous' cause. This scenario proves it again and it's by design.;)

18. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

The Mongol is about to come into this game on turn 40. Right now it is 36-37ish turns.

We are not sure if it is playable by human but if anyone is interested in playing Mongol (which is normally not available to play in normal scenario), please post your Steam ID so we can send you an invite.

Hopefully you have a good standing in terms of GMR playing consistency,as most of the players in this game are quite consistent.

19. Hyperion529

Hyperion529 Prince

is the mongols slot still available? i have never played with GMR before but i would very much like to try it, and i just love this scenario

20. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

Thank you for your interest, but the Mongol has been taken. :)