1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

GMR Into The Renaissance

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Multiplayer' started by EEE_BOY, Sep 14, 2012.

1. BlueCollar

BlueCollar Warlord

There is an AI spot. Not sure which civ that is? England?

With the first Emperor vote coming up. Spain is willing to pay gold for some votes.:deal::queen:

2. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

I'd be interested if ya'll will have me =)

3. RStark

RStark Prince

Gustavus Adolphus of Sweden will vote for anyone who is the first to send him 250 pieces of gold :)

4. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

England is on vavation for sometime now across all games, but it shouldn't be a problem if the Celts can eliminate it soon. The island is too small for two civs anyway.

Talking about steep price :eek:

5. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

Happy to take on that losing English cause if you'd like. I'm happy to fight a last stand =)

250 golds for a vote o.o Wow.

6. RStark

RStark Prince

The matter is that Sweden is the nation of traders. We have a very big gpt (you can verify it through diplomacy screen), and rather low production capacity.

But if 250 pieces are too big pile of gold for you, Gustavus will be content with 200.

7. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

Hi. I'm not sure if the England player is still playing, I will wait for a few turns then manage to remove him if not shown.

Meanwhile when you played Ottoman you have been skipping a lot and stopped playing later. I think this type of GMR playing needs more consistent input every day, maybe NQ mp games are more suiltable in your style? :)

8. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

My game problems at the time were largely related to the new patch/GMR and the file not working repeatedly sadly. So between that and the masters program I decided to concede to fate at the time.

Anyway, happy to play England if the opportunity arises. As for MP, the trouble with MP I've found is its overly war oriented @.@

9. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

Ok, I will try to remove the England player in the next opportunity and send you an invite. It is best to restart CiV every time you play the g&k turn or load a vanilla game before loading another g&k game.

10. Banman

Banman Prince

Sorry to have been absent from the forum everybody, as GMR's community functions have improved and civfanatics stopped sending my notifications (?) I didn't stay alert to it ... I am indeed in the process of wiping the English from the British Isles, pesky squatters that they are ...

11. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

Eh....how about a peace treaty mate o.o

12. Banman

Banman Prince

<sigh> another 30 turns of sitting behind England. fair enough, if you get inserted into the game I'll withdraw and entertain any peace offer you make.

13. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

I will try to remove England when the spot is right there. Has to do it carefully though and send you an invite.

You are being nice Banman:) The celt is your stepping stone and vice versa.

@ sprintonwater: how's the Mongol? any trouble?

14. Banman

Banman Prince

I really am :) ... he'll understand how nice when he gets in there ... England was not left in a war-ready position ...

15. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

Then it will be a slow kill, I'd prefer a quick one:)

16. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

I imagine you would, seeing my Christian brothers tearing ourselves apart for your heathen fancy :rolleyes:

17. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

The Christian world is not united as one. Eastern Rome is divided for sure.

Once someone researched Humanism, the Protestism will be born in a CS called Wittwenburg and spread like a wild fire. Neitherland and Austia are the closest ones to be converted, adding more incentives for further conflict inside the Christian world. But with all this conflict, the true power shall reveal.

18. Foffaren

Foffaren King

And through all this, Islam stands tall. The holy lands belong to us, my brothers!

19. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

For now.:mad:

20. Banman

Banman Prince

me too, but it seems unsportsman-like to cut him off as he's coming into the game.