GMR Into The Renaissance

Demo screen of turn 109.
Spoiler :

91 turns have left till the end of the game.

@EEE BOY, @steev
Gustavus Adolphus the swedish king is very concerned of the fate of two cities of Austria that remain unconquered.
Mongolia and the Ayyubids have backstabbed Austria and seized one of its nearly unprotected cities. We should warn the leaders of these civs that Gustavus Adolphus considers Austria as his lawful prey, because it was Sweden that defeated main part of the austrian army. :nono:

@BlueCollar
We have some mutually beneficial agreements with the Joint Conclave, but Sweden has not been taking part in the invasion of Spain in either way. ;)

@EEE BOY, @steev
Gustavus Adolphus the swedish king is very concerned of the fate of two cities of Austria that remain unconquered.
Mongolia and the Ayyubids have backstabbed Austria and seized one of its nearly unprotected cities. We should warn the leaders of these civs that Gustavus Adolphus considers Austria as his lawful prey, because it was Sweden that defeated main part of the austrian army. :nono:
;)

Austria is on the way to our main target to the West, or Gustavus would rather we move our troops to the far north?
You can't prevent others from taking cities, as Austria has been fighting with Neitherland all game long, and Neitherland could claim they should claim Austria cities.

Austria is on the way to our main target to the West, or Gustavus would rather we move our troops to the far north?
You can't prevent others from taking cities, as Austria has been fighting with Neitherland all game long, and Neitherland could claim they should claim Austria cities.

Erm, where does the dishonourable Caliph seem to think he is going?

...and also, we honourable Christian nations and allies tend to have chats about such things over a nice tall flute of wine, to ensure all takings are fair and just. So no worries about counterclaims. Your fervent concern for our welfare and sense of justice is noted however. :yup:

We the Swedes follow the traditions of our ancestors, the Vikings, who have always respected the right of lawful prey. Those warriors who shed their blood in battle, were eligible to participate in the division of property of the defeated enemies. But those warriors, who didn't risk their lives in battle, were never allowed to divide the spoil.

King of Netherland has already got his part of the austrian pie, while the Ayyubid and mongolian warriors don't deserve the spoils of war in austrian lands. :nono: They have already seized one austrian city, so they should be content with it.

@EEE_BOY
It seems that the war was inevitable between the Ayyubids and Sweden.
The Ayyubids have already acquired too many points by seizing byzantine and catholic city-states in Eastern Europe. We cannot let them grow even more powerful in this area by invading Austria or Italy.

News from Sweden:
Austria has been completely destroyed!
One of former austrian cities has been liberated from the Saracens!

GG Sergeyyoud.

News from Sweden:
Austria has been completely destroyed!
One of former austrian cities has been liberated from the Saracens!

GG Sergeyyoud.

Swedish warlord, our target is not Austria, certainly not you. We merely want to pass the Alps. If we can reach some form of agreement, we will move on to our target. Otherwise, we can cease fire and we will move to North East.

Swedish warlord, our target is not Austria, certainly not you. We merely want to pass the Alps. If we can reach some form of agreement, we will move on to our target. Otherwise, we can cease fire and we will move to North East.

A letter from Vra to the Court of Caliph EEE...

Greetings Caliph EEE,

I have many times asked myself whether there can be more potent advocates of peace upon earth through the years to come than this massed multitude of silent witnesses to the desolation of war. Cries of anguish have rent the air, set homes ablaze and led to souls of many to depart from this earth. We English seek peace...but this is impossible in a world filled with heretics and doers of great iniquity!

As the Prophet Isaiah tells us, the Almighty will punish the world for its evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; he will put an end to the pomp of the arrogant, and lay low the pompous pride of the ruthless! The accursed Ayyubid, Moorish and Turkish Caliphs should put aside their arms and consider the fate of the wicked of this world.

The French pretender turned himself away from the divine right of the English and Celts to rule - and was delivered to us in sackcloth.

The Austrians attempted to infringe on the divine right of the House of Orange to rule the Low Countries. They were brought to ruin by divine instruments of will.

The faithful Byzantines have been delivered from their enemies. They now go from strength to strength.

The Turks are now a splintered mast; they cannot be relied upon for support. Caliph, how much longer do you feel you can escape your just rewards?

I don't see how we can reach any form of the agreement, because I cannot let the saracen horde invade Italy to seize holy Rome, Florence, Genoa and other nearly defenseless catholic city states.
Get back to Middle East!

What about Spain? How are you going to deal with 3 times 500 points if no one starts to contain Spain from now on?

Or Sweden can deal with Spain and We move no further into your territory?

I have my hands full with England and possibly the Celts once they take Geneva and the last French city. Your points total is closing in on the top spot, I think it would be easier for Sweden to score by taking Orthodox and Islamic cities than trying to squeeze through mountain passes into Spain.

What about Spain? How are you going to deal with 3 times 500 points if no one starts to contain Spain from now on?
Or Sweden can deal with Spain and We move no further into your territory?
I think that King of Spain has provided a good reply for your questions. :lol:

I have my hands full with England and possibly the Celts once they take Geneva and the last French city. Your points total is closing in on the top spot, I think it would be easier for Sweden to score by taking Orthodox and Islamic cities than trying to squeeze through mountain passes into Spain.

Word.

My first thought on arrival was were is Ephialtes when I need him? @.@

I think that King of Spain has provided a good reply for your questions. :lol:

Wouldn't it be easier if the top 1 and 2 are fighting? We have about equal military strength so it will take a while before anyone has the upper hand.

We need a player for the Almohads. Their control of Gibraltar is too important to be left in AI hands.

We need a player for the Almohads. Their control of Gibraltar is too important to be left in AI hands.

That's true actually. Any idea of what happened to the player there? Perhaps the Austrian King might be interested @.@

A letter from the Court of King Vra to the Moorish Caliph over our actions in the Eastern Mediterranean...

===

The King of England might have no love for the moslem heretics, but he is honorable.

The war in the deep end of the Mediterranean has been a joint operation underway between England, Sweden and the Byzantine Empire for many moons (years @.@). As you can see (because my fleet is still in your waters) it had nothing to do with the actions near Cairo and Jerusalem...and I do believe I did mention we were at war there for ages?

The capture of Edrine was conducted by the Roman Emperor, with the help of my pious seamen to repay the debts your moslem brothers have occurred though conquest of his lands - and some time ago at that.

The raiding of Ba'albek was in lieu of non-payment of a customs fee that an Ayyubid galley crew refused to pay. We do plan to withdraw at once. It is a pity that the Caliph did not render unto the English what was rightfully theirs at the time, and instead had to pay in lives and goods.

That said, in accordance with our agreement the navy in the west nor east will harm you. While it was not part of our agreement, we shall extend the same courtesy as a show of good faith to your brothers until the terms of our agreement are completed.

Sincerely,

King Vra, by the Grace of God, King of England, Wales, Protector of France, and of His other Realms and Territories, Defender of the Faith.

Top Bottom