Gods and Kings Giant Death Robots

End of game, I'm usually faced with the choice of building GDR's which take forever to get around the map or maintain a strong nuclear deterant. I usually go with the nukes...I wish I didn't have to make that choice because when I have used GDR's they are fun.

Darn Ghandi, you :nuke: everything.

That was 8 years ago. They probably got CivAnon and kicked the habit.:sad:

Quitting is for losers.

A bunch of them is still active, but not in the Civ5 area (mostly in OT) ;).

Ah, that's what I get for posting from a mobile. My proof-reading goes down the drain. :)

Oh, but on the other site, this really tells you that you're a civfanatic :D.

Ugh - Giant Death Robots.

The impracticality of mechs is astonishing. Why they exist in the game is beyond me. A variety of other future era units could have been used: Hover Tanks, laser weapons, etc. Why walkers?

In fairness hover tanks are amazingly impractical too - why would anyone invest in developing anti-grav technologies on a scale needed for a large armoured vehicle simply so they could take something with the role of a tank and give it the fragility of a helicopter?

No, I've never understood the walker fetish either, but give Civ V credit - they realise the unit's a joke and call it a Giant Death Robot. Which I'd much rather they do than take a serious stab at adding futuristic units, which would most likely be equally implausible.

They're in the game because the development team was headed by an ascended fanboy and in general thought that the game would be better for every forced inside joke they could cram in.

Which group is GDR's referencing tho....?

Almost positive they can't be representing Transformors....since they don't look like 2010 Chargers....

They added GDR because someone wanted it... I hope they will add my Modern Carrier too !!! :p ... I'm not asking for a robot lol.

They added GDR because someone wanted it... I hope they will add my Modern Carrier too !!! :p ... I'm not asking for a robot lol.

You mean like a 'super carrier'? What could it do that a regular couldn't? I'm curious.

Every Civs should get their own Giant Death Robot, fictional units that embody stereotypes and tropes of the civilization concentrated into a single event horizon. Japan should get Gundam, or Eva-01.

Civilzations like Aztecs can get their unique robots as well, Jaguarmeister - Double movement and strength in Jungles.

Every Civs should get their own Giant Death Robot, fictional units that embody stereotypes and tropes of the civilization concentrated into a single event horizon. Japan should get Gundam, or Eva-01.

Civilzations like Aztecs can get their unique robots as well, Jaguarmeister - Double movement and strength in Jungles.

I actually mentioned this idea earlier,but it is good to see other members thinking like minded ideas...

Great minds think alike...

I love that anime and I wish that each nation could have unique GDR's much like G-Gundam. France had the Rose Gundam,China had the Dragon gundam and Russia had Bolt Gundam.

Or if that is too much then the West should have Federation style GDR's and the Eastern nations should have Zeon GDR's...Germany must be Zeon...lol:eek::crazyeye:

Always wanted to quote myself...:lol::D

Go all the way and make a UU for all GDRs based on that civilization's other UU.

Rome would have Death Legionnaires with the ability to build forts and railroads as they go for the lulz.

Top Bottom