Going for Gold: City State Bonuses

Is this item in a reasonable state of balance?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The entire world of City-States hating you across the centuries for a little early aggression towards one or two is neither fun nor realistic IMO - especially if you're friendly and do all their quests later on.

They're a little harder to steal on higher difficulty settings - and besides, isn't Prisoners of War along with the -60 Influence you get with that City-State a sufficient punishment? 50 turns of being only able to improve at half speed isn't exactly irrelevant, especially in the early game.

And it wasn't all CS for me, no.

-20 resting Influence on 5 CS's for the rest of the game for capturing 2 Workers early game (that already get a penalty to their usefulness) which does very little damage to the CS in the long run seems excessive.
This is not for the rest of the game, if i'm not mistaken it is for 50 turns. And hey, you got 2 workers for that, it definitely worth it

This is not for the rest of the game, if i'm not mistaken it is for 50 turns. And hey, you got 2 workers for that, it definitely worth it

The "You aggressively attacked this City-State" penalty lasts for 50 turns, but it doesn't seem to trigger properly because that message doesn't pop up.

I'm getting the vanilla Civ -20 Influence effect permanently from "City-States grow wary". Possibly a bug. I'll bring it up on Github.

Pretty sure it is a bug. Just managed to replicate it and different City-States were affected than last time (again, one of them I hadn't met), and the notification text is glitched. I'll post on Github.

I think it's a bug since VP replaced the vanilla mechanics for influence loss.

So never mind about it being a balance issue.

Not sure if this should go here or in a Going for Gold: City State Rewards thread, but... Would it be possible for the :c5food: rewards for completing a trade route to scale not as much with era, but with the number of citizens your capital currently has? The thing is... early on, those rewards are usually enough to grab one more citizen (or almost one more) in your capital. However, as the game goes on if you're playing tall, your capital will become pretty crowded, and those rewards will sometimes give you even less than what your capital is able to get on its own in just one turn, so it doesn't seem worth it.

Top Bottom