1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Goldflash's Altered tech Tree Mod

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by Goldflash, May 30, 2004.

1. Nediam

Nediam Chieftain

Ok, I seem to have downloaded the thing, but when I try to start it, it gets to about 10% then it says that there is a problem with the oil refinery icon (or something like that) and the program exits.

I seem to remember reading something about this earlier, but (I guess) it was in a another thread.

2. Nediam

Nediam Chieftain

*ahem* and I quote:

LOAD ERROR

Error reading file

Missing entry in "text\Pedialcons.txt": ICON_BLDG_Oil_Refinery

The game will now exit.

That comes up when it hits the 30% load mark (vice the 10% I incorrectly stated above).

3. Goldflash

Goldflash Grumpy Old Man

DASDNHADSGJNOQRJEJ!! The files must be in Civilization3/Conquets/Scenarios/Mod tech Tree for it to work.

4. Nediam

Nediam Chieftain

As far as I can tell, it is.

Look, I'm sure you deal with these stupid ass, lame complaints every 15 and a half seconds but I'm new to this whole thing, your senario looks really good and I wanna try it out, but I'm having a little problem with it and seeings how I'm the only one who is (apparently) having a problem with it right now (given the lack of posts in this thread) maybe someone (not nessarily you) might be able to gimme a hand here.

I seem to remember seeing this somewhere before (someone posted a screenshot of it, or something similar to it) so I thought maybe someone would say 'Oh yeah, that thing, to fix it, go here and type this instead. Oh, ok, he doesn't know where that is, ok, well, here's how you get to there. Hey, you're welcome, enjoy'.

Y'know what I mean?

Some of us are just users, not programmers (or at least, not someone who would know how to do this stuff) y'know?

5. Goldflash

Goldflash Grumpy Old Man

Ummmmmmmm... didja download the the 1.21 patch? are you using the propper biq? It should be the one in thew patch. You need to give me more information, since I don't know wht you did. The Folders are obviously not in the right place. Maybe you put them in the Civilization3/Scenarios Folder? It must be in Civilization3/Conquests/Scenarios/Mod Tech Tree. Also, you need to move the Biq file into the Scenarios folder.

6. Yor53

Yor53 Chieftain

I am having the same problem. I have double checked everything I did and I followed your instructions to the letter. After checking both downloads the "ICON_BLDG_OIL_Refinery.txt" file is not in either download.

7. Goldflash

Goldflash Grumpy Old Man

Yes, Oil Refienry in in the download. It works for pnelty of people; I don't know what is going wrong.

8. AKtionFich

AKtionFich Chieftain

game crashs as it ask a file it searchs in a folder like ....modtech/civ/conquest/scenario/.....
    i use 1.22
    maybe i patched it wrong
    i did a great game as cuban semigod
    i never played ur mod in industrialarea
    may u say where i have to put the file so i can keep playing the game

9. Nediam

Nediam Chieftain

Ok (I'm also effectively computer illerate [just to make life all the more interesting]).

I downloaded the patch, put both in the same folder Civilization III - Conquests - Scenarios.

S'matterafact, they're right beside each other: GATTA1p22 and Mod Tech Tree v1p2.

I just tried right-clicking (wow, why not that try earlier?) and there's a couple of extract options there, could that have something to do with it?

" ... When all else fails, get a bigger hammer ... "

10. Goldflash

Goldflash Grumpy Old Man

OHH. Did you UNPACK them? You need Win Rar or some other program to extract them. See, right now it is all packed away in a tiny box, and like a Toy Train set you need to unpack it to play with it.

11. AKtionFich

AKtionFich Chieftain

maybe this is my prob

MY PROB IS:
    FILE NOT FOUND

ARTS\UNITS\GRENADIER\..\..\..\..\..\Conquests\
    NapoleonicEurope\art\units\Guard_GuardInfantry_Infantry_Attack.flc

im going to try to find out where it wants the file, maybe u know the exact directorypath and may post it here so i can fix it

ok i found the mistake, i ve done
    i first extractet the entire zip with all folders to the modtech directory before i put it in the right place.
    i had not deleted the useless data, and it seems that this causes the problem.

12. Goldflash

Goldflash Grumpy Old Man

That was fixed in the 1.22 patch.

13. Nediam

Nediam Chieftain

UNPACK?

There's only extract options for the patch and for the actual program, just compression options.

14. Nediam

Nediam Chieftain

Ok, I extracted the patch, but still had the same problem when I tried to run it, the oil refinery thing.

15. Goldflash

Goldflash Grumpy Old Man

*SIGH* Exstract the MAIN part FIRST, then the Patch.

16. AKtionFich

AKtionFich Chieftain

i played my first semi-god game as cuban on an large archipleworld with 80% water. ok i restarted solong as i had a river in my first settlement.
    but its now 1750 and im going to dominate the game( first industrial nation, a lot of factorys and a boomtown with the steelmill=180 shields per turn ;) )

i am not sure if i learned to play better or the ai has some problems with the new rules, ok they really like it to steal my cities with mercenarys.

however im really fascinated, the wargalley and the steamer are great

17. Nediam

Nediam Chieftain

*sigh*

There does not seem to be an extract option for the main file, man, remember I'm a ****wad when it comes to programming.

18. Nediam

Nediam Chieftain

Just took another look and there does not seem to be an extract command for the main file available.

Idunno

19. Goldflash

Goldflash Grumpy Old Man

This isn't programming. Anyway, do you have WinRar? Because f you don't have have it you neet it to extract ModTechTree1p2.rar

20. Nediam

Nediam Chieftain

I do, ok, I'll look again.