Goods Factories -Rivals haven't built them yet. What am I missing?

The_Colonel

Chieftain
I play BTS (3.17) Road To War (RTW) mod. I play it under Dales Custom Mod (DCM). I've been playing a massive game for over 300 hours cummulitative on Monarch difficulty (my first Monarch game). The game started at the year 1900 and its 1930 and several wars later.

Not one of the 10 remaining Civs have built a goods factory and consequently I'm not seeing any unique enemy units. Just the basics that don't require air craft, naval, or vehicle factories. I'm the only one with a navy and air force and unique tanks (I'm playing as Germany/Hitler). They are building a crap-load of infantry and artillery and the tank destroyers but thats it. All the AI Civs have researched the entire tech tree and they did it before me.

The game is set to Conquest as a single victory condition. And all WWII powers are present (or were at the beginning of the game). Am I missing something or is this a problem with the AI? Is this how the AI works at Monarch difficulty -they hoard for defense? Are the factories coming soon?

Its turning out to be a boring game like this. Are my custom settings wrong?

Just so I'm clear -this is a custom game not a historical. A custom RTW game with CIV IV BTS 3.17, the last RTW mod upgrade (the comprehensive one) and v1.7 of Dales Combat Mod (DCM) although I just upgraded my DCM version from 1.1 midway through the game.

Thanks Dean,

But in earlier games I've played (albiet at lower than Monarch difficulty) the AI had no problem buidling factories. What's the problem now? And will I still have that problem with the AI in custom games even after I install your 3.19 update? And does it have anything to do with the difficulty setting as far as you know (my questions are specific to RTW / DCM)?

I went to your thread and found your latest mod update for RTW. I guess it turns out that you're the Man. I'm going to upgrade. I didn't before because I understood that the Firaxis 3.19 wasn't capable with Dale's mod. It sounds like you fixed that. Outstanding.

Top Bottom