Gorgos Ghost Army

Victoria

Regina
Supporter
I have normally only used hoplites together just because +10 is so good but today I sent one into actkonby itself and it seems to still get +10 for being next to another hoplite... I'll test it more but has anyone else come across this? ... I mean a starting strength of 35 is not bad for a spearman if it does not have to be next to another... or maybe there is a ghost army I cannot see?
upload_2017-6-24_11-51-33.png

I believe I reported this as a bug half a year back. Before Australian Summer patch. Also seen another bug report thread about it a few weeks ago.

I mean, it's not like they can't use it, considering how bad Spearmen often are, but a bug is a bug.

yep have tested this one myself. I've stopped playing as gorgo now as it feels cheap

yep have tested this one myself. I've stopped playing as gorgo now as it feels cheap

I wouldn't consider it cheap that they get absolutely demolished by units that come only one tech later, while we're talking about a unique here.

I wouldn't consider it cheap that they get absolutely demolished by units that come only one tech later, while we're talking about a unique here
... Xbow perhaps are a pain but with the upgrades they can be pretty cool. But yeah overall spearman in general are a joke... the thing about hoplites is how early you can get them and noniron needed means they are an early UU of some power because you are not reliant on that damn iron.

... Xbow perhaps are a pain but with the upgrades they can be pretty cool. But yeah overall spearman in general are a joke... the thing about hoplites is how early you can get them and noniron needed means they are an early UU of some power because you are not reliant on that damn iron.

I was actually referring to swordsmen, not xbows. And yeah, they do require iron, but if you've got iron then even hoplites with the +10 don't really stand a chance against you, as the swordsmen have 46 strength against them. 35 for hoplites, 25 for spearmen.

The spear right side first 2 promotions make it complicated so they can be 45 on attack and 55 on defence but of course that's promotions.
What I was hinting at is a 35 strength unit at bronze working is quite handy. The 20 something walled cities struggle a bit

I wouldn't consider it cheap that they get absolutely demolished by units that come only one tech later, while we're talking about a unique here.
you are right. They are terrible. But they can still knock out a neighbour pretty comfortable with that +10 for the small window that they have

Top Bottom