Got any tips for a good hotseat game?

Hidden Civ

Chieftain
Hi i plan to have a hot seat game with three friends andni have a few questions.

How many civs can a normal hotseat game play?

If my friend is destroyed can he respawn as another civ?

What map do you reccomend? I want one with a new world so when i discocer astronomy i can create a colony. I basicaly want a GEM style but not Earth, some random landmasses i can leave and explore a new world.

If i create a colony on another continent can i quit playing as the civ i was and continue as the colony i created?

Can i play as the english and ensure i create the American civ to play as?
If not can i change some settings and do it manually?

Has anyone completed a hot seat game to the galactic era?

I ve been loking for a space map which one do you reccomend?

I have a few more questions but i cant remember them.

No need to post your questions all over the forum. If someone has an answer they will answer. 1 thread is sufficient.

JosEPh :)

Hi i plan to have a hot seat game with three friends andni have a few questions.

How many civs can a normal hotseat game play?
With current assets, the max amount of player and ai civs is 40.

If my friend is destroyed can he respawn as another civ?
I... don't know.

What map do you reccomend? I want one with a new world so when i discocer astronomy i can create a colony. I basicaly want a GEM style but not Earth, some random landmasses i can leave and explore a new world.
Maybe someone else can answer this as I can't recall off the top of my head which to suggest for this.

If i create a colony on another continent can i quit playing as the civ i was and continue as the colony i created?
I don't know much about colonies since I don't play with them.

Can i play as the english and ensure i create the American civ to play as?
Same answer as the last.
If not can i change some settings and do it manually?
Worldbuilder is only available in a single player game. I don't THINK it's available on hotseat but I could be wrong since I've been playing LAN based multiplayer for too many years here to remember how it goes with hotseat and worldbuilder.

Has anyone completed a hot seat game to the galactic era?
Not to my knowledge.

I ve been loking for a space map which one do you reccomend?
I'm not sure any are working at the moment. You'd have to look into the ones in the map section of the forum here and ask the guys running those threads.

I have a few more questions but i cant remember them.
Can't answer an unasked question ;)

At one time i think i seen an option in the setup in a custom game that said if you are destroyed you can respawn as another civ. If this isnt in the game i reccomend it for all fhe hours you put into a game. Also it would be a cool idea to play as the colony you created on another continent, how to do this i am not sure i dont even kmow if its possible.

If you cant access world builder in a hotseat is there anything similar? Something i can quit the game and change the settings and load it back up?

There is an option when you create a multiplayer game that allows you and your friends to choose which civ you want to be each time a save from the game is loaded, not sure what it's called but it should be self explanatory (overtake AI, play as AI??). If any of you get eliminated just save the game and load it up again it should be possible for the eliminated to choose a different civ then. perhaps a save 1 round before any of you gets eliminated is needed for this to work; not sure.

I know with Civ Rev you can play as a colony that you started. I am not sure though if this is compatible with a hot seat game. Pretty sure it crashes lan/mutiplayer games.

Top Bottom