Goths (BtS 3.19; V1.0)

The shopping mall is a bit lame, but I honestly can't think of a better idea off the top of my head. If I were to make an American civ from scratch I'd probably give it some type of air unit as its UU, the only problem is the game is pretty limited in what you can do with air units so I wouldn't want to go in that direction either. Someone suggested an early Marine unit (maybe replacing Grenadier). I agree that, in civ terms, the Navy SEAL is kinda stupid. It's not like there are huge armies of Navy SEALs, which is a possibility in Civ.

The Minuteman is another possibility, but it has been done to death and to be honest I don't really think they were much of a great force anyway. I mean, they were notorious for retreating and weren't well-displined enough in my opinion to be a UU.

I think both the Dacians and the Scythians are a good idea
Probably there were some previous versions a long time ago, but a new one with updated art and leaderheads would be very cool

Ok, was just trying to figure out who to do next...
The Scythians maybe...
The Dacians...

Perhaps I could make an American Civ that isn't so lame... our UB the mall? Come on...
UU, navy seals...
How about the GI (infantry replacement) for the UU and the UB could be... I don't know, some kind of factory... Ford did make (massively) mass production a reality.

whats about the Avars, Sarmatians and Chasaren or the Golden Horde next:popcorn:

Nah...
I am more interested in the Dacians and the Scyths because it will encourage me to learn more about Romanian history.

I will look into the Dacians first... I guess their UU would specifically have to lose to Praets :lol:

What's the final stats for the new UU and UB?
I noticed that the last time you updated the opening post was 2 days ago, that's why I'm asking

What's the final stats for the new UU and UB?
I noticed that the last time you updated the opening post was 2 days ago, that's why I'm asking

It's as above. I only re-upped it because the download link wasn't working.
I will be changing the names of some cities in the near future though.

So you want to keep the UB this way?
I would still drop the war weariness bonus and maybe even reduce the production boost slightly (to 20%) for better balance, but of course it's your call

Overally nice job with the civ :goodjob:

I have tested this civilization. It's sound fine for me :).
As I play peacefully most of the time, I don't know if Lancer is too powerful or not.

Kochman, I have translated pedia in french, I will send it by PM.

I will also check city names and suggest another ones later.

Mmmmh, I don't know how I can send a PM ???:confused:

So the you can download files here : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XBFDI8Q1

I have extracted direct texts from units/civ/building files and inserted them into the pedia.
The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable... For some reason, megaupload seems to get rid of computer related files quickly!

To send a PM, you click on my name>view public profile>post a message...
Once I get your stuff, I will incorporate it into the civ and re-upload. Thanks for the help.

I have regenerate the link. It should work now.
Thanks for your help Aegnor. Your work made it very easy for me to replace the existing data with the additional data.
V1.
Any chance you want to help with any of the other civs I have made? (see signature)

Top Bottom