GOTM 115 Spoiler

I've just started my game. Don't have enough time to finish it in time so I will skip this one and play GOTM 116. To bad pc problems caused I could not play for a month....This looked like a great map to play. Chose for early republic and hoping to get some trade quickly....

You could ask the moderator for an extra week or so. He's a friendly fellow and he usually says yes. ;)

I don't have the authority to decide about this myself, but since Ali designed the GOTM, maybe he could OK that ? What do you think, Ali ?

I am absolutely for it. Give yourself 3 more weeks. I just came back from a long trip myself and may need an extra day or two to finish up.

I just got done. There were only 3 rival cities left a the end. Greeks were eliminated as planned. Babylonians kept the warfare up till the end. What saved them was staying much of the game in Democracy. They had 2 cities left. I bought the last Mongol city the last turn. Americans declared war near the end and were quickly reduced to one city.

After not having any spare time for a few months, I managed to get some time to have ago at this. My thoughts were to stay in monarchy while building the wall cities, as I thought republic would be too costly in support, limit the amount of settlers built for the wall and the benefit of trade wasn't worth it as there's no one to trade with. I hoped to get communism via the Statue then change to democracy once I reached the AI's. As it turned out I got communism while on the last wall-island so that didn't really help. First delivery was 1080ad.

I went for Marcos then Lighthouse (though I got navigation quite soon after so probably wasn't worth it). I nearly came to a halt research wise because of the amount of corruption, waste and disorder but I built Michaels and libraries to help. I had four alliances which must have yielded over 5,000 gold.

Currently I'm 1500's 59 techs but I've run out of time to play anymore. It was fun though.

1ad - 14 cities, Marcos, Lighthouse, on second wall, 26 techs researching mono
500ad 16 cities, Marocs, LH & Michales on fourth wall, 34 techs
1000ad 20 cities Communism, Marco, LH, Michael, Statue Liberty, beyond Seventh wall & boat a few moves from babylon. 39 techs

Currently I'm 1500's 59 techs but I've run out of time to play anymore. It was fun though.
I am not sure whether you mean you personally do not have time to play anymore or whether you mean you are running against the deadline. If the latter is the case, I encourage you to take another week. Magic needs to agree of course.

Yes, it sounds like you have a good game going, assuming you got things done in 1000-1500. I wish I'd thought of alliances.

I've got a few spare hours this week then no spare time for ages, I'll try to rush it but I doubt i'll finish it.

I spent 1000-1500 mainly delivering vans, though with only four big cities and lots of little ones I wasn't guaranteed a tech each turn, especially when supply dried up.

Top Bottom