GOTM 123 First Spoiler - 1AD

DynamicSpirit

Fear him of the pink tie
GOTM Staff

GOTM 123 - Hatty, stuck on an island - First Spoiler - 1 AD

So, how is the glorious Egyptian empire doing? Where did you settle? How quickly did you get off the island? Which AIs have you met yet?

Stop! If you are participating in GOTM 123, then you MUST NOT read this thread unless EITHER
  • You have reached at least 1 AD in your game, OR
  • You have submitted your entry

Posting Restrictions

• Please do not disclose ANY events or information gained post 1 AD.
  • Please do not reveal your final result if that happened after 1 AD.
  • Please do not discuss the location of resources that may not show up before 1 AD. (Iron is OK, coal and oil are not)
  • Do not post any savegame file from the game. Discussions and screenshots are fine but not actual games

This was a strange game. I setteld 1W of the wheat. The second city at the NW corner of the island.

The 3rd city at the mainland coast between the two vine to grab the horses. I settled on mainland about 1240 BC.

Alexander got mighty early and was close, so I made good friends with him. Joined him in a war with Victoria which so far did not lead to any fight. Instead I used the war chariots to attack Huayna, got a decent city at the north coast, but conquering Cuzco will need cats which I have but need a lot time to get them till Cuzco. Unfortunately Alex got the barb city south of our island with floodplains and gold - I cannot attack Alex in the moment. But so far he doesn't really use it - AI isn't too smart. :rolleyes:

Strange was that nobody built the Oracle. So I oracled CS about 400 BC. Only other wonder so far was GL which will be quite nice on this map.

At 1AD I just have 4 cities (yes, as usual Emperor is more difficult than Immortal in GOTM), got CS, literature and construction, some turns away from metal casting (with the option of building colossus), then want to move on to machines and maces.

I am about to settle at the river south of the horses, lots of flood plains and hills to make a second military city there.

In two turns I will get a great merchant, but don't know yet what to do with him - travelling is too dangerous. Can I bulb machinery with him?

Mapmaker was too evil, delaying continental expansion too long. I wouldn't have attacked anyone that early anyway, now with most of the land taken I'd have had no choise. Since I couldn't play the way I wanted I just abandoned the game.

Top Bottom