GOTM 155 Spoiler

I have been playing all along but due to a technical difficulty (hardware breakdown) was unable to post updates. I reached +500 last night.

My game has evolved differently from the rest. Part of the reason is my own choices and part of it how the rivals evolved. Like Major, I chose to have a period of Republic, trading, and happiness-induced growth right after +1. I chose this course of action partly because of how far Americans and Russians where and how little of the world I had explored. My thinking was that I should at least know what the world looks like before I am forced to hunt down respawns. I had to keep luxuries at 80% to accomplish celebrations but I did grow my population by a factor of 2.5 to 3 times before I took the lux rate back down to 40%.

One major event in my game was the German situation. Germans lost Leipzig to barbarians. They also got Hamburg from an Advanced tribe way to the west of their homeland and then for some reason (barbarians perhaps?) decided to switch their capital to Hamburg. This created a golden opportunity for me to buy off the remaining German cities at a reasonable price. In fact by +500 Germany is reduced to their capital and I have several cities close to it. For this I needed money and what better way to get it than Trade in Republic.

The other difference in my game is that wonder building started quite late. By +500 only one wonder is built: Pyramids by Americans. And if I recall correctly no one else is working on any. I actively gave away wonder techs to rivals hoping they would build wonders. Had they done that, I would have had a great incentive to start warfare.

At +500 I have not fought any major wars against anyone and am busy building infrastructure, expanding, and exploring. All original rivals are there. The rivals have had some wars but nothing major. So far the only city I know of which has changed hands is Kiev which is now American.

-0900 Advanced tribe founds Saragossa on island 2.
-0875 Cadiz founded.
-0850 Republic -> Philosophy. Bilbao founded on island 2. First red head appears.
-0750 25g from hut.
-0725 Philosophy -> Bronze -> Currency. T7L0S3. Granada founded. Kish founded on island 5.
-0700 German horseman seen near Saragossa.
-0675 Philosophy, Writing -> German (4) -> Construction, Currency, peace, maps. -> Trade. Hamburg is near me and founded by an Advanced tribe. Leipzig is barbarian. Mongol warrior seen near Bilbao on island 2. Pamplona founded.
-0650 Mapmaking, Republic, Philosophy -> Mongol (4) -> Polytheism, peace, maps. I demand tribute and they declare war.
-0625 Mongol warrior fortifies rather than attack my settler. Barbarians appear between Saragossa and Hamburg.
-0600 German horseman releases a lot of barbarians from hut between Saragossa and Hamburg. Barbarian horseman bribed for 41g and used to kill leader for 150g.
-0575 Barbarian horseman bribed for 41g. Horseback riding from hut.
-0550 Barbarian horseman dies attacking mine. Vigo and Avila founded.
-0525 Paid 50g to save size 1 Saragossa from barbarian legion. Leon and Burgos founded. German embassy established. Elephant kills pestering Mongol warrior and turns vet.
-0500 Germans move their capital to Hamburg which is far away from their other two cities! Accepted Mongol offer of peace for 100g. T3L0S7.

Status at -0500
Population: 0.35M; Cities: 18; Techs: 15; Government: Monarchy
Gold: 180; Cost: 0; Trade routes: 0D0F;
Wonders:
Units: 8 settlers, 8 Warriors, 2 Archers (1 None), 3 Horseman (1 None), 1 Elephant, 3 triremes, 3 diplomats
Goals: Exploring the world to find other rivals, establishing Mongol embassy, expansion in island 2
Footprint: 13 cities in homeland, 4 in 2, 1 in 5.
Russian: no contact
Zulu: no contact
German: 3 cities, 12 techs;
American: no contact
orange?: no contact
Mongol: 3 or more cities; no embassy;

-0475 Elephant kills barbarian legion. Elephant from hut.
-0425 Mongol embassy established.
-0400 Trade -> Monotheism. Oviedo founded.
-0325 Construction, Republic -> Zulu (1) -> Wheel, peace, maps, 200g.
-0275 Barbarian trireme sinks mine off the coast of island 4 leaving my diplomat there stranded. 25g from hut on island 4. Santander founded.
-0250 Zulu embassy established. They are at war with Americans who must be nearby.
-0225 None legion from hut on island 4. Four barbarian horsemen from hut on continent 2 kill my vet horse the next turn.
-0200 Monotheism -> Pottery. Trade -> German -> Pottery, 100g. Pottery, Construction -> Mongol -> Iron Working. Advanced tribe founds Ciudad Rodrigo on continent 2.
-0175 -> Bridge Building. Barbarian archer near Ciudad Rodrigo bribed for 61g.
-0150 Zulu reach peace with Russians; they too must be nearby. Calatrava founded. Just realized that the Zulu map reveals New York and St. Petersburg.
Tentative plan:
Phase 1: Bribe all German cities except capital Hamburg. Bribe barbarian Leipzig. Settle the northern part of continent 2. Contain Germans to one city.
Phase 2: Conquer/Contian Mongols, conquer Zulu, establish outposts on small islands between the two prongs of continent 2.
Phase 3: Push east to conquer Americans and Russians.
Republic then Fundamentalism.

-0125 Barbarian archer kills mine.
-0100 Ciudad Rodrigo turned into None settler. Fist structure, a temple, built. Wine from Madrid to Karakorum for 290 establishes the first trade route. All but Monotheism -> Mongols -> 200g. Banking from hut.
-0075 Cartagena founded.
-0050 Wounded barbarian archer dies attacking my None settler. Bridge Building -> Seafaring. Beads to Karakorum for 208. Revolution started.
-0025 Zulu -> 25g, German -> 0g. Republic established. T0L7S3
+0001 7 cities celebrate. 5 Barbarian horsemen from hut. Domestic deliveries for 156, 76.

Status at +0001
Population: 0.93M; Cities: 22; Techs: 22; Government: Republic
Gold: 110; Cost: 11; Trade routes: 4D2F;
Wonders:
Units: 13 settlers (1 None), 20 Warriors, 3 Phalanx, 2 Archers (1 None), 1 None Legion, 2 Horseman (1 None), 2 Elephants, 6 triremes, 5 diplomats, 7 vans
Goals: Seafaring (2 turns), fundamentalism, explosives, more deliveries, establishing Russian and American embassies (2 diplomats are on their way), expansion in island 4 (2 settlers are on their way), bribing German and barbarian cities, founding 2 canal cities at 25,39 and 39,41 connecting sea 5 to ocean 1 and chopping continent 2 into two pieces.
Footprint: 13 cities in homeland, 8 in 2, 1 in 5.
Russian: no embassy
Zulu: 3 cities, 16 techs; war with Americans
German: 3 cities, 14 techs;
American: no embassy
Mongol: 3 cities, 22 techs;

I had hoped to end in this period, but it didn't work out. Money was very tight, but the problem was a basic mistake which meant I couldn't find one of the re-spawns.

520- Capture Philadelphia from Russians.
540- Capture Moscow.
Sell barracks Mpondo (they did the job of recovering a capturing ele) - and RB temple.
Russians kill crusader fortified on hill by StPetersburg.
560- Raze Mongol Ulundi. Give Construction and Wheel to Japanese.
Japanese don't raze Zerona. Germans discover Currency.
580- Capture Russian city of New York. Sell barracks x 2. Give Iron and Wheel to Ams.
600- Discover Trade -> Astronomy. Capture StPetersburg. Capture Kashgar. Sell 2 x barracks.

At last we can use trade rather than build and sell barracks.

620- Hut(nr a city we have made on land mass 4): Legion.
640- We have 4 dips and 4 vet crusaders ready in Cartagena for attack on walled German capital Berlin - go.
We get Atrocious reputation. Sabotage: Temple, Great Library, City Walls. Sell 1 x barracks.
660- Kill 4 units in Berlin but cannot capture. Hut: 100g (welcome).
Capture Kiev, destroying Russians. Spot Celts on landmass #10. Sell 2 x barracks.
Renounce treaty with Japanese - war.
680- Capture Berlin. Rehome some units to it. Meet Celts, give Philosophy.
Raze Aleppo, destroying Mongols.
Capture Kyoto from Japanese, make peace. Sell library.
German counterattack kills Legion.
700- Capture Leipzig and Pyramids. Sell 1 x barracks. There are 4 cities and 1 settler we know about. Purple may have re-spawned.
Just hold city on land mass 4 vs Barbs (it cost a Legion last turn.)

720- Break treaty with Japanese - capture Osaka, Japanese out. Sell 1 x barracks.
740- Crusader knocks out Celtic settler. Get message Romans cancel treaty. We find Indian Delhi.
Hut: 25g. Attack Ams, destroying Boston. 1st Van, Pamplona-Madrid, Beads, 52g.
760- Have 4 dips for use vs Washington and its walls: sabotage production, barracks, temple, walls.
Capture Hamburg - Germans out. Attack Delhi, destroying it - Indians out.
See blue settler at (54,72) - it is Vikings - attack, winning, Vikings out.
Just Washington we can see. Should take last city Washington in 800. Are there more settlers out?
Sell last 2 x barracks. Now should be doing buildings but lots of vans in production.
Embassy from French - give lots of techs.
Also find Babylon at (10,62) and white settler adjacent - we only have one crusader nearby.
780-
800- Capture Washington, Ams out.
Destroy Paris, French out. Embassy from Vikings - on land mass 10. Mongols there too.
Eliminate Mongols, bribe Vikings for 164 of our 165g.
Crusaders (non-vet) attack but fail to take Babylon - it has a pikeman.
Vikings destroyed by Barbs.
Embassy from Vikings - give trade.

820- Found IslandNumber10. Destroy Vikings. Meet Germans.
Van, Avila-Valladolid, Wine, for 64g. Spend money to rush crusader a few turns from Babyls.
840- chasing respawns.
860- chasing respawns, defending vs barbs.
880- chasing respawns, defending vs barbs.
900- Kill Barbs. Destroy Babylon, losing 2 x crusader, taking Chivalry. Kill German settlers.
Roman settlers remain in sight. Anyone else?

920- Cannot get at settlers this turn. Van, Karakorum-Madrid, Hides, for 64g.
940- In case it is the end do all the end of game stuff - then eliminate Romans.
Game does not end.
960- Find Babylon with difficulty. If they have a pikeman again it is difficult.
980-
1000- Van.

Stats.
pop.: 3.07m; Cities: 59; techs: 26; gold: 16; Gov.: Monarchy; wonders: -; TR: 10endsD/0F
bldg cost: 43 x temple, 3 x market, 2 x courthouse.
units: 2 settler, 39 warrior, 12 phalanx, 1 archer, 2 legion, 8 pikeman, 2 horse, 7 ele, 28 crusader, 22 trireme, 15 dip, 7 explorer, 5 vans.

I do not think my previous post will affect anyone's play but I do not want to give the wrong impression just in case. It looks as if I am about to end my game, and indeed for a few more turns that was the intention. But because of the mistake I mentioned in the previous post I gave up on the late early conquest and decided I would have a period of republic.

1020- Setup for end. Eliminate Babyls. Zulus appear, next to a crusader.
1040- Setup for end - money down to 2g. Eliminate Zulus. Game doesn't end. Nobody appears.
1060- Cunaxa forced to sell temple. Can't find AI: I am doing something wrong but I can't see what it is and I don't want to spend a long time checking everything. I think I have already missed the conquest ending I should have had. We could change to republic in 1100, and move the techs and score forward and end the game later? We have almost no settlers so food is not an issue. We have a few celebrating cities at the moment (lux =70%.) It might be interesting to learn how to build up a civ with no wonders (except Pyramids.)
1080- Revolution. Lux to 20%. Disbanding units.
1100- Become Republic. Lots more disbanding.
Van, Valladolid-Leipzig, Copper, for 208g.

The one big problem I had was an encounter with the Romans when all I had was a Chariot. The Chariot died to a pikeman and it took me 5 turns to move new troops into place.
Very similar incident in my game: I attacked a respawned city in the south-west of the main continent with the single crusader I had available and it lost to a pikeman. It took several turns to create and move a better force there.

+0020 100g from hut.T0L8S2
+0040 Seafaring from hut. Shush founded on island 4.
+0060 -> Engineering. CanalWest founded. Barbarian leader near Berlin for 150g.
+0080 Engineering -> Medicine. Spice to Samarkand for 180. Domestic Silk for 186. Just in the past 4 turns the population nearly tripled. T2L5S3
+0100 T2L4S4
+0120 T3L4S3
+0160 Medicine -> Invention. Wine to Samarkand for 430. Domestic deliveries for 112, 140. Barbarian archer near Berlin bribed for 61g.
+0180 Invention -> Gunpowder. Silk to Bokhara for 198. Domestic deliveries for 87. Berlin subverted for 2x232g. Got 32g, Math, temple, and 2 phalanx. Just discovered the small island north of homeland.
+0220 Domestic deliveries for 86. Dezful founded on island 4.
+0240 CanalEast founded.
+0260 Gunpowder -> Democracy. Ciudad Rodrigo refounded. Elephant kills barbarian archer approaching Berlin.
+0280 5 barbarian horsemen from hut; diplomat escapes on board ship. Silver to Karakorum for 135. Domestic deliveries for 78. Barbarian Leipzig bribed for 208g. Got 2 archers and 1 diplomat.
+0300 Barbarian archer kills mine on mountain top.
+0320 Wounded barbarian archer dies in attack. Barbarian leader for 150g. Domestic deliveries for 34. German settler bribed for 188g; it is now None.
+0340 Domestic deliveries for 92, 82. Konigsberg subverted for 2x116g. Got 23g, Masonry, Phalanx, and Barracks.
+0360 Democracy -> Astronomy. Cannot afford a switch to Democracy because of my triremes and lack of wonders.
+0380 Barbarian trireme pulls up next to Seville. Beads to Zulu for 148.
+0400 2 Barbarian legions land near Seville. Barbarian archer dies in attack on mine. Frankfurt subverted for 2x114g. Got 25g and warrior. Germans are down to one city. Kharg founded on the little island north of homeland.
+0420 Barbarians kill a musketeer and a warrior defending Seville. Crusader kills barbarian intruders.
+0440 Another barbarian legion lands near Seville and is killed by my crusader which is now vet.
+0460 First Library built in Madrid. Malaga founded.
+0480 Domestic deliveries for 78.
+0500 Americans build Pyramids. Astronomy -> University. Enthusiastic Germans refuse to trade University! Salt to Hamburg for 148. Domestic deliveries for 67. Met Americans. Trade, Republic, Invention, Seafaring -> American -> peace, maps.

Status at +0500
Population: 3.4M; Cities: 33; Techs: 31; Government: Republic
Gold: 62; Cost: 45; Trade routes: 26D8F;
Wonders:
Units: 14 settlers (2 None), 17 Warriors, 5 Phalanx, 4 Archers (2 None), 1 None Legion, 1 Musketeer, 2 Horseman (1 None), 2 Elephants, 1 Crusader, 8 triremes, 4 diplomats, 6 vans, 1 explorer
Goals: Explosives, Fundamentalism, establishing Russian and American embassies (2 diplomats are on their way), further expansion in island 4, founding another canal city at 68,24, colonizing the small islands sandwiched between the two prongs of continent 2.
Footprint: 13 cities in homeland, 1 in 1, 12 in western 2, 4 in Germany (eastern 2) , 2 in 4, 1 in 5.
Russian: no embassy
Zulu: 5 cities, 21 techs; war with Americans
German: 1 cities, 15 techs;
American: 5 cities; no embassy; Pyramids
Mongol: 3 cities, 27 techs;

+0520 Americans expel my diplomat. Invention, Math -> Russian (2) -> peace, maps. Genoa founded. Domestic deliveries for 107.
+0540 Barbarians pull up next to undefended Dezful on island 4. Domestic deliveries for 38, 63. Shushtar founded. Russian embassy established.
+0560 Barbarian legions land near Dezful.
+0580 Barbarians capture Dezful; I was hoping for a ransom. CanalNorth founded.
+0600 T6L4S0 till I can get University out of Germans who refuse to trade.
+0620 Damn barbarian legion in island 4 pillages irrigation. Keep gifting Germans and they keep refusing to exchange. Two barbarian legions on island 4 bribed for 82g each.
+0640 Dezful bribed back for 26g. Lost my temple. Got a legion.
+0660 Got tired of Germans and stole University. They declared war. T2L4S4.
+0680 -> Chemistry -> Metallurgy. Domestic deliveries for 82, 144. Dye to Bokhara for 248.
+0700 Barbarian uprising near Leipzig and barbarian landing near Ciudad Rodrigo. Had to evacuate 2 settlers near the latter which were about to build a city. 8 barbarian horsemen from hut on island 10; vet elephant kills one.
+0720 Barbarians kill my vet elephant. Senate hands peace to Germans. Barbarian legion bribed for 82g and used to kill another barbarian legion.
+0740 Metallurgy -> Explosives. Domestic deliveries for 62. T3L4S3
+0760 Barbarian elephant killed. Silver to Hamburg for 145.
+0780 Mongols develop Feudalism. Domestic deliveries for 75. Salamis founded. Wine to Zulu Intombe for 100. Noticed the first black head but it turns out I already have 3 of them.
+0800 Explosives -> Conscription.
+0820 Beads to Bokhara for 52. Barbarian legion bribed for 82g.
+0840 Domestic deliveries for 45. Munich founded.
+0860 Domestic deliveries for 125.
+0880 First Engineer produced. Domestic deliveries for 105. American embassy established. Ahvaz founded.
+0900 Conscription -> Navigation (Fundamentalism not a choice). Domestic deliveries for 70.
+0940 Dye to Zimbabwe for 160.
+0960 Silk to Zulu for 114.
+0980 Domestic deliveries for 65.
+1000 Navigation -> Fundamentalism. Domestic deliveries for 65, 66. Silk to Hamburg for 81.

Status at +1000
Population: 6.3M; Cities: 39; Techs: 37; Government: Republic
Gold: 345; Cost: 108; Trade routes: 52D14F;
Wonders:
Units: 12 settlers (2 None), 4 Engineers, 17 Warriors, 5 Phalanx, 4 Archers (2 None), 6 Legions (1 None), 1 Musketeer, 2 Horseman (1 None), 1 Elephants, 3 Crusaders, 9 triremes, 13 diplomats, 10 vans, 1 explorer
Goals: Fundamentalism, starting conquest.
Footprint: 13 cities in homeland, 1 in 1, 12 in western 2, 5 in Germany (eastern 2), 3 Canal cites in 2, 4 in 4, 1 in 5.
Russian: 3 cities, 14 techs; war with Americans
Zulu: 5 cities, 23 techs;
German: 1 cities, 22 techs;
American: 5 cities; 24 techs; Pyramids; War with Russians
Mongol: 5 cities, 30 techs;

So, I finally found the time to play some more and now I am annoyed by respawns. At least my idea to delay conquest until some wonders could be built payed off, we have HG in our hands now and now new cities don't start black-headed any more.
I spared the Mongols, not for key-civving since we don't do any research any more, but because it would give us feudalism and I want to keep the warrior-slot.

540 Meet Russian settler, peace, maps, get 150g tribute
560 Capture Kashgar (55+ University); Lissabon (4) founded; 125g from Germany
580 Capture Bokhara (91+Masonry), Mongols down to 1 city
600 Caravel grabs barb leader for 150g; Germans about to build GL, try to give them other techs, but they cancel after Seafaring
(Berlin GL; Zulu switch to HG, that's good news)
620 Deliveries 13, 84
(Zimbabwe builds HG)
640 Another Barb Leader; 3 Crusaders could hit Zimbabwe next turn; Meet Americans (Known location from Russian map, give some techs, demand tribute, get 400, open embassy)
660 Spy on Zimbabwe, defended by 1 warrior and 1 Archer, get 125g tribute from Zulu, attack anyway, take Zimbabwe (40g+HG), attack Bapedi on River, not yet
680 Buxtehude founded south of Hamburg; bribe Ulundi for 408g (68)
(Barbs take Zulu Intombe)
700 Capture Isandhlwana(33)
720 Capture Bapedi (49); Demand German tribute, get 350; Prag (10) founded
(Sign peace with Zulu, german dip steals tech, we declare war)
740 Attack Germany, Berlin is empty, Hamburg too, could not be captured, 125g tribute from Russia, subvert Minsk (cont. 10, 2*120, 18 back)
(German warrior dies attacking our Crusaders near Berlin)
760 take Berlin (11g + Pyr + GL + Banking), take Hamburg (4), Barb Intombe (cont. 6); Germany has one city left
(Sign peace with Germany)
820 Demand Zulu tribute, they ignore, we choose not to care about our reputation, bribe Mpondo 171(38), Ngome 165(21), Zulu destroyed; get 50g from Russia
840 Demand german tribute, get none, bribe Leipzig 371 (17), germans destroyed
860 Barbs near Valladolid, bribe Fregate 102g, kill knights with it
900 Ready to attack america next turn, still no signs of respawns
920 50g tribute from America, wait one more turn, discover Trondheim at 21,69, we have no units nearby, no ships or cities at southern ocean
940 Demand american tribute, get 25g, demand russian tribute, they declare war, not as we had planned, grab barb leader, take St. Petersburg (25g), take Washington (15), New York (11), cf with Russia; left-clicking reveals the location of Babylon at 16,58
960 Bergen founded on southern coast two tiles from Babylon; Bribe Philadelphia 270g (17), Atlanta 265(9), Americans destroyed,
980 a dip is near Persepolis, it's at 53,69;
1000 Venedig, Mailand, Ghent founded

Stats at +1000:
pop.: 4.64M; Cities: 62; techs: 32; gold: 426; Gov.: Mon; Wonders: Pyr, HG, GL, Sun Tzu; TR: ?D/?F
units: 12 settler, 74 d-army, 45 o-army, 13 boat, 5 fregate, 10 dip, 5 vans
Goals: Take out Babylonians, Russians, Vikings, Persians; hunt respawns; keep expanding to prevent respawns
Civs remaining: 5

I got in just before the deadline, after several turns and some hours building up the Democracy that we became in 1500. By coincidence 1500 was also when I came across the elusive re-spawn. It turned out to be in the middle of the continent. It is findable on my AD1000 save in fact. I think I must have been only one or two squares from the settler, or one more check from picking up Beijing after it had been founded. As I said it was a mistake, and quite a big one reflecting on it now.

As Beijing was a capital it couldn't be bribed for the ending. So we had a revolution, before restoring Democracy once the undemocratic government had dealt with the rival. I was not capable (at least in the time available) of setting the workers for the final position, before the last battle, so I made two final turn saves, one before the battle, and one after the restoration of democracy and worker rearrangement. I am hoping the GotM staff will find this acceptable, but if not I won't lose sleep. Doing the building up without any wonders was a new experience and quite interesting. And the population discontent with a large society devoid of wonders in anarchy was really quite spectacular!

Thanks to Ali for this game idea. I will post to the future games thread about restricting wonders. I think positions between the extremes of all or none, such as allowing one from each age, or only one before 1000AD, might make for some interesting (and different) choices.

I finished a few days ago. It did not take as long as I had feared it might and was done long before 1500.

I played till early 1400s over the long weekend and the end was in sight. I finished last night and since Major mentioned he finished before 1500 there is no point in not revealing my end date.

Things went pretty much as planned. I knew uninhabited island 10 will be a prime respawn zone and it was. I was wondering if the little fish-shaped 6-tile islands will be used for respawns and they were not. I had ships or units on all small islands larger than 1 tile but none of the respawns ended up in those. The great majority went into island 10 and the rest in unsettled areas of continent 2. I caught most respawns right away. Typically I rely on Marco and appeasement to get their maps. Having to do without that was quite a learning experience.

+1040 Domestic delivery for 147. Cloth to NY for 245. T4L6S0 for a last round of celebrations till the next Oedo year of 1100.
+1060 11 cities celebrate.
+1080 T3L6S1
+1100 Mongols start Sun Tzu. Fundamentalism -> Physics. Beads to NY for 224. Silk to Washington for 51. Domestic deliveries for 138, 66. Issus founded. Fundamentalism established.
+1120 Domestic deliveries for 165. Zulu ignore my threats. Crusader kills archer defending Bapedi which is then taken for 47g and Warrior Code. Zulu Intombe on island 6 bribed for 412g. Got 86g, Phalanx, settler, and trireme. T5L4S1
+1140 Zulu develop Gunpowder. Accepted Zulu cease fire; they ignore my demands again. Turin founded.
+1160 Spice to Zimbabwe for 69.
+1180 4 Zulu units killed and Zimbabwe taken for 61g. Zulu Hlobane bribed for 355g. Got 131g and 2 units. Zulu are down to one city. Mongols pay 100g in tribute. Mongol Legion in fort near capital bribed for 824g.
+1200 Barbarian Knight bribed for 82g. 5 diplomats sabotage city walls in Mongol capital of Samarkand. A crusader is lost before the two Pikemen defending Samarkand are killed. No units left to take the city.
+1220 Knight survives barbarian Knight. Samarkand captured for 180g and Feudalism. 1 Mongol units killed. Single defender of Karakorum killed and the city taken for 108g. Ngome founded on island 6. Domestic deliveries for 54. 125g from Germans.
+1240 Mongol catapult killed. Lost my wounded knight trying to capture a barbarian leader. Have never seen such a loss before.
+1260 Nishapur captured for 99g. Barbarian leader for 150g. Bonn founded.
+1280 Physics -> Chivalry. Domestic deliveries for 51. Spice to Washington for 48. CanalSouth founded. Mongol settler bribed for 276g. Hides to Bokhara for 70. Bokhara bribed for 468g. Got 331g, 2 structures, and 1 archer. Mongols are down to one city. Ghent founded. 100g from Russians.
+1320 Domestic deliveries for 192. Mongol Kashgar discovered and bribed for 183g. Mongol civilization destroyed. American settler bribed for 320g.
+1340 Barbarian uprising in northern continent 2. Found Indians on island 10. Domestic deliveries for 138, 60. Silk to Zulu Mpondo for 45.
+1360 Tonb founded.
+1380 Indian settler killed. Sioux settler appears right next to the former Indian settler. Attack on America starts. Single defender of Chicago killed and the city taken. Do not have enough diplomats nearby to take down NY city walls. Attack anyway and lose a cannon before my vet Crusaders kill the defenders and take the city. Washington bribed for 520g. Got Pyramids. Atlanta captured. Boston bribed for 488g. Americans are down to one city. 4 diplomats sabotage Hamburg to take its city walls down. German Phalanx killed.
+1400 Barbarians kill a diplomat; Germans kill a crusader. Hamburg captured. German civilization destroyed. Sioux settler killed. Barbarian elephant bribed for 82g. Other barbarians killed.
+1420 Paris found on island 10. Russians declare war. 2 Russian units killed. Hannover founded. Russian warrior bribed for 49g.
+1440 Russians kill a legion. Minsk captured. Barbarian Knight bribed for 82g. St. Petersburg bribed for 450g. Paris razed. French civilization destroyed. Vikings spotted on island 10.
+1460 Domestic deliveries for 153. Russian legion bribed for 300g to get it out of the way. 2 defenders of Moscow killed and the city captured for 60g. Russian civilization destroyed. Celt settler appears next to my diplomat and is bribed for 164g. Kiev bribed for 348g. American civilization destroyed
+1480 Chivalry -> Magnetism. Romans appear next to where Celts used to be. Persians are in the game. Burundi, Ormuz, and Khorasan founded. Viking settler killed. Domestic deliveries for 232. Found Persepolis at a northern corner of continent 2.
+1500 German settler appears on island 10 where all other blue respawns have been and is killed. Another German settler appears on continent 2. Roman settler killed. Roman settler reappears and is killed.
+1510 Barbarian uprising near Kashgar. German settler killed. It reappears and is bribed for 164g. Domestic deliveries for 51.
+1520 Pikemen survive barbarian elephant. Domestic deliveries for 81, 42.
+1530 Kashgar's pikemen survives another barbarian elephant. Persian civilization destroyed. Chinese settler appears and is bribed for 164g. Babol founded as the first city on island 10 by bribed settler. Zulu Mpondo bribed for 315g. It was discovered long ago and kept alive in hopes of finishing Leo. Zulu civilization destroyed. Japanese settler appears next to former Persia and is killed. Babylonian settler appears and is killed. Barbarian leader for 150g. Domestic delivery for 201, 174. T1L8S1. The game could end this turn.

Top Bottom