1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

GOTM 169

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Game of the Month' started by Inkerman, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Inkerman

Inkerman Engineer Civ2 GOTM Staff

Good with me. I hope the game continues to be enjoyable, and I do appreciate all your work, on our behalf, keeping GotM going.

I would certainly expect grigor to be looking at 171 if he has time as that is very much "his cup of tea" as we say in England. As he is still with 170 at the moment I think extending that deadline makes a lot of sense. (I am assuming grigor is playing games in order, but as I haven't looked at the 171 spoiler I cannot be sure.)

I am smiling slightly at the thought this is the August game. So there are 5 games playable just now. I guess you might want to give 170 a miss, as that is a big one, and go on to the little 171 next, so you're getting back nearer the rest of us - although I think the newer guys may be running some way ahead - good for them.

2. Ali Ardavan

Ali Ardavan Mathematician Moderator Civ2 GOTM Staff

Thanks. I love special maps and yours are pretty well thought out. I am enjoying the game a lot. So far it has been quite out of the ordinary due to me missing both Colossus and Hanging Gardens which I do not think has ever happened to me before. The barbarian cities are quite a nice add on too.

So far I have only seen one horde and there are some English cities between them and I. I am not too worried about barbarians while my Great Wall has not gone obsolete.

I played to 1180 last night.

I extended 171 by two weeks.

I am planning on playing all the remaining games but there will be at least two OCCs if not more.

3. Magic_gorter

Magic_gorter Moderator Moderator Civ2 GOTM Staff

4. grigor

grigor Chieftain

Wow - Green and Gold!. With Major playing I never know what to expect.

What I especially liked about this game was that I chose HB for the first tech in the spirit of the game and it paid off with early gold from attacks.

5. Ali Ardavan

Indeed and by a comfortable margin on both.
    I am surprised at my silver too, having missed both Colossus and Hanging Gardens in a landing game.

6. Major Advantage

Major Advantage Chieftain

Congrates. I realized when playing that my game with a power-fundamentalism wouldn't turn great in the end (no growth by celebrations), but i had too many units running around to switch to demo.

7. Magic_gorter

Magic_gorter Moderator Moderator Civ2 GOTM Staff

8. Ali Ardavan

Magic, I get an error from the Hall of fame link.