• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

GOTM 28 Results And Congratulations

ainwood

Consultant.
Administrator
GOTM 28 results are available here.

SirPleb was the clear winner, with a Domination Victory scoring 11847 Jason Points in 520 A.D.

Interestingly, this edged-out two other early domination victories by Justus II (11222 points in 710 A.D.) and Kuningas (11098 points in 900 A.D.)

Summary of medal winners:

- SirPleb (Domination Victory, 11847 Jason points)

- Justus II (Domination Victory, 11222 Jason Points)

- Kuningas (Domination Victory, 11098 Jason Points)

Other award winners:

- adel (Conquest Victory, 10388 Jason Points)

- Mad-Bax (Cultural 100k Victory 9895 Jason Points)

- Auk (Diplomatic Victory 8314 Jason Points)

- captain chaos (Histographic Victory 8144 Jason Points)

- dalighthorseman (Spaceship Victory 7713 Jason Points)

- Gozpel (20k Cultural Victory, 6842 Jason Point)

- gervond (100k Cultural Victory, 3447 Jason Points)

- [MMM]SeF (Conquest Victory, 2977 Jason Points)

- Grotius (Diplomatic Victory, 2944 Jason Points)

- phillip_martin (20k Cultural Victory, 2901 Jason Points)

- jckern (Domination Victory, 2882 Jason Points)

- zmlbc (Spaceship Victory, 1732 Jason Points)

- Donsig (Spaceship Loss, 1593 Jason Points)

- Dianthus (Conquest Loss, 80 Jason Points)

congrats as always to the winners.

You know, if any of you could post a detailed timeline. this would be great.

I was so pleased to achieve a 100K victory only to learn now it was "the lowest scoring one".

I am still OK with this of course (who wouldn't ;) ) but I just can't seem to figure out how to 'boost my numbers'.

Rgds
Gervond

I must be dreaming, but last time I saw this thread SirPleb had the silver medal and Justus II the bronze one. What happened to Offa's result?

Congrats to everyone, especially SirPleb :goodjob:, as I continue to learn new things from each of his games. A special :thanx: to the GOTM staff, as I know it has been a little rough for them but they seem to really be on track now! :)

Originally posted by gervond
congrats as always to the winners.

You know, if any of you could post a detailed timeline. this would be great.

I was so pleased to achieve a 100K victory only to learn now it was "the lowest scoring one".

I am still OK with this of course (who wouldn't ;) ) but I just can't seem to figure out how to 'boost my numbers'.

Rgds
Gervond

I don't have a detailed timeline, except for the QSC, which I have uploaded and linked below. I did, however, post pretty detailed (OK, wordy) reports, in the Ancient and Middle ages spoiler threads. Hope they help. The ironic thing is, one of the keys to my success in that game, getting the Great Lighthouse, started out as getting beaten to the Colossus. I'm glad I didn't win that wonder race now! :lol:

My Ancient Age Post(s)
My Middle Ages Post(s)
QSC28 Timeline

Getting the results service running efficiently again is a wonderful thing.

Thanks to Alanh and the staff for doing this. :goodjob:

Well done to all the medallists once more. I particularly liked Gozpels 20K. :)

Originally posted by Bremp
I must be dreaming, but last time I saw this thread SirPleb had the silver medal and Justus II the bronze one. What happened to Offa's result?

Your dream ... my nightmare! One of those where you wake up feeling as though you've just hit the ground at terminal velocity :( It was entirely my error but, thanks to Offa's rapid feedback, we were able to correct it reasonably fast.

My apologies for any inconvenience.

Originally posted by Aeson

Offa's game was for GOTM29 and slipped past us. It will be in next month's results.

Thak you Aeson. AlanH, no need to apologize :)

Thak you Aeson. AlanH, no need to apologize :)

Ditto.

Us Quality Control people gave Alan assurances that everything was alright and that we were ready to publish. :blush: :blush:

But lets not let that issue detract from the overall results. It was very close at the top, and looks like domination was the 'best' victory condition for this map. The other highest-in-class awards were also pretty good.

To threadjack slightly (again) - although no need for anyone else to do it ;) : On the subject of timelines, from the feedback we're getting, the QSC is still extremely popular, and I'd just like to let people know that we will continue to support it. You have seen the improvements that we have made in getting the results and global rankings sorted-out, well, the QSC is next on the hitlist. :)

Originally posted by ainwood

To threadjack slightly (again) - although no need for anyone else to do it ;) : On the subject of timelines, from the feedback we're getting, the QSC is still extremely popular, and I'd just like to let people know that we will continue to support it. You have seen the improvements that we have made in getting the results and global rankings sorted-out, well, the QSC is next on the hitlist. :)

Excellent news!:goodjob:

BTW, your mention of the global rankings reminded me to check it out, I'm glad to see they have been updated as well.

(However, Offa's result is showing up there as well, you might want to double check that ;) )

I had quite a surprise myself when I saw the initial results, not least because I hadn't actually played the game. It was pretty exciting for a while to get my hands on the virtual gold medal, but it was fairer for SirPleb to win the award for his amazing game.;)

Congratulations to everyone. I think it is great that the results have speeded up, and an occasional mild error is a price well worth paying.

Originally posted by Justus II

Excellent news!:goodjob:

BTW, your mention of the global rankings reminded me to check it out, I'm glad to see they have been updated as well.

(However, Offa's result is showing up there as well, you might want to double check that ;) )
Fixed that as well now

Gah beaten to fastest 20K by one lousy turn, but I already knew that from the spoiler threads. Well played gozpel!

Congratulations to all winners and big thanks to the staff! If the QSC results start popping up now I think it will be a big rise in interest again for GOTM

Hey, I got another award! Maybe sometime I'll play well enough to get one of the good ones :mischief:.

Something wrong in my strategy, instead of fastest spaceship win I got the highest score spaceship win. My streak of 5 awards interrupted.:(
But my quest for all the awards continues, I still miss fastest spaceship, conquest, histographic, cultural 100K and cultural 20K.

More results!! The GOTM engine is really starting to hum! :) Look out, we might expect really speedy results for Gotm29!!

2nd fastest 100K victory, 12 turns behind Mad-Bax. My streak of avoiding the award categories continues.

A big thank you to the GOTM team! You're making great strides in catching up and many (probably all!) of us greatly appreciate it!

Top Bottom