Gotm 3??

Shader

Chieftain
Cmon guys give me something to do for the next couple weeks! Nationality, difficulty, map size...

Next month I won't finish the gotm so early..

Is there a place to make suggestions for future GOTMs?

Everyone,

new here, so please don't be offended by my suggestion.

Apolyoton has a Single Player Tournament forum. A nice, functional one with attachments and image capabilities. Anyone can start a new GOTM there and as there is a lot of interest, people can have a fun time playing, comparing and tallying.

I understand some of the CivFanatics Official GOTM flavor, efficiency and image will be lost, but just an idea. :)

This one official game every month which is well documented by a lot of players helps a lot of, other, players up their game a few levels much better then a couple of them running at the same time.

I think people are free to post saves here anyway... So what would be the point really?

Rane Khan,

"This one official game every month which is well documented by a lot of players helps a lot of, other, players up their game a few levels much better then a couple of them running at the same time."

Understood. However, the original poster had already finished the previous GOTM, was looking for another one and was probably bored. That's why I suggested another smaller scale one in this month that could be started anywhere. :)

To avoid confusion, please don't run another competition called GOTM on this forum. If you want to run another competition you will have to get Thunderfall's permission.

John Steele said:
Rane Khan,

"This one official game every month which is well documented by a lot of players helps a lot of, other, players up their game a few levels much better then a couple of them running at the same time."

Understood. However, the original poster had already finished the previous GOTM, was looking for another one and was probably bored. That's why I suggested another smaller scale one in this month that could be started anywhere. :)

Well, thats why I said you were free to post a save game (though not in the GotM section ofcourse :p ) and ask others to play that. It wouldn't be 'official', for it wouldn't have Thunderfalls stamp of aproval, but does that really matter to you? Wouldn't those games me more of a learning/just for fun experience instead of a 'I want a high score!!' game? ;)

I know I have no clout and what I say doesn't matter, but I just have a small suggestion...

Sometime between the 15th and 20th, if you guys at least gave us the basics of what the following month's GOTM was, that would be very helpful. For instance, if I knew it was Spain on a large map in monarch difficulty, I could play a few games to get used to Spain.

I wouldn't need the map, as you guys could release the map at the normal time on the 25th.

IF you guys don't want to do that, it's fine, but I know a ton of people finish the GOTM in the first 10 days of the month and it would give them something to practice in their regular games.

Uh, a week or so before a GotM starts a pregame discussion thread opens with info (and a pic), maybe it would be a good idea to start test games at that point and continue doing them untill you have a good strategy (which could/should be long after the GotM is released ;) ) and THEN play the game. Pretty much as good as your suggestion...

You are trying to pull the whole schedule forward by five to ten days.

The map is not released on the 25th of the month, it comes out on the 1st. The pre-game thread will come out before then, so you will get a few days to rehearse with the next civ before GOTM 3 is released.

As I've already said elsewhere, however much you plead, and whatever justification you may offer, Ainwood is out of town. Nothing will happen on GOTM 3 until he gets back.

Just finished GOTM2 and am glad i finally did. Took me a bit. I'd like to point out that i, personally, would prefer GOTMs that take just a tad bit less time. ;)

Can't believe how unpatient some of you are. There's plenty of games and competitions to play, so no need to rush it.

What i wanted to say was, I myself would prefer normal to epic game speed. ;)

Whatever speed, keep up the great job, this GOTM took me some time but sure was fun!

Hello all,

I'm fairly new to GotM but I know that the concept itself has been running for a loooooong time. I think those of us that are new to it should give ourselves a bit of time to bed into the system before we start making suggestions on how to changes things. This system is not broken, let's not try to fix it.

We only have one game to play, but those who run the games have a lot of work to do on each GotM that is not immediately obvious to those who just play. Personally it sounds they they do one heck of a job to turn everything about in a month. I also think they show great patience in their replies!

As has been mentioned, sites like Apolyton and Evolution games also run GotM, so people who finish early could use them to sharpen up their skills. There's also gauntlet challenges and SGs you could join in on.

Finally, I know some of the top dogs put in a serious number of hours on each game. Personally, I'm done in 6 hours or so, but that doesn't mean everyone else is. As I said, this is a tried and trusted formula that the GotM guys are using, so I for one am happy to accept it's the best one to use.

LeSphinx said:
We should have GOTM03 Pre-game discusion thread open today....:)

I hope so, but given that Ainwood is out until the 28th, I'm not keeping my fingers crossed. :sad:

Still, he may left details with someone else to post...

AlanH said:
You are trying to pull the whole schedule forward by five to ten days.

The map is not released on the 25th of the month, it comes out on the 1st. The pre-game thread will come out before then, so you will get a few days to rehearse with the next civ before GOTM 3 is released.

As I've already said elsewhere, however much you plead, and whatever justification you may offer, Ainwood is out of town. Nothing will happen on GOTM 3 until he gets back.

That pretty much answers your question right there...
Nothing before the 28th I guess. ;)

Rane Khan said:
That pretty much answers your question right there...
Nothing before the 28th I guess. ;)

Oh ye of little faith, and horrible Civ addiction....

Top Bottom