Gotm21-Melee - PREDATOR Naval Movement

Thinking about the barbarian squids: Given this is monarch I think we get a 100% bonus to attack them, so with a 3/1/3 squid the logical answer is to go on the offensive, with only 2 coast moves this would be somewhat harder for the predators?

This being the "Med melee"... and the Med being a sea...

Maybe there aren't any ocean squares anyway? Just a thought.

Originally posted by CruddyLeper
This being the "Med melee"... and the Med being a sea...

Maybe there aren't any ocean squares anyway? Just a thought.

While the Med is technically a sea, it's 2400 miles long, 1000 miles wide, and almost 3 miles deep at it's extremes. Might as well be an ocean.

Besides, while these GOTM maps seem to be more and more modded, the basic map itself seems to be left alone. I expect a continental map, or an archipelago with good sized islands seperated by ocean. As cracker said at the start of the thread, the movement will make for mad dash trade routes. I doubt he would say this if there was no ocean to dash accross.

I still haven't decided if I want to play at this level yet. My game has been improving and I'm hoping to place near the top this month. Since I have vacation planned until the 2nd week of July, I may wait for the GOTM20 results to decide which way to play. I'd really like to get an award of some type before jumping up a notch.

I haven't fully grasped the idea of changing the movement costs until reading through this thread. I am wondering if the costs should actually be reversed Something like: Ocean (3), Sea (3), and coastal (2) with the movement set at 6. This way you effectivly leave the coastal movement alone which in theory may be easier for real world navigation and lengthen the crossing of the ocean and make those suicide galleys that much more a rarity. It was said that fog was used to make the ocean feel large. Changing the movement will do the same thing.

It has already been said above but I don't think the movement will be From C(6)-C(3)-C(0) or 2 moves. I think it will really be more like From C(6)- S(4) -S(2)-C(0) or From C(6)-C(3)-S(1)-C(0) Each are still 3 moves. Or as someone able said From the C(6)-S(4)-O(3)-S(1)-C(0). You actually get a 4 move galley that will not sink! :D

I only listed the safe moves and think it will actually be a benifit to the predator player.

Hotrod

Originally posted by hotrod0823
Or as someone able said From the C(6)-S(4)-O(3)-S(1)-C(0). You actually get a 4 move galley that will not sink! :D

I only listed the safe moves and think it will actually be a benifit to the predator player.

Hotrod

Hi Hotrod0823,

You are right, I love the modification on predator. It is very helpful, speed is increasing ( i'm not sure it was intended that way) it makes these moves save, I love it:

starting from coast you can go:

S-S-C (almost anywhere possible, so no change to normal)
S-O-S-C (a very important advantage, not possible normally)

The only disadvantage is the starting turn from a city, then you have only the option C-C or C-S-C which is worse than C-C-C normally.

Ronald

Top Bottom