Government Type

unexplained

Prints of Whales
Yes, I expect this question may be quite common, and there is probably already an answer for it somewhere, but I have spent a bit of time looking and havent really found it, so I thought I would ask:
I always tend to go for demo as soon as poss, and stick with it through thick and thin as I like to have heaps of money and shiney new toys that no one else has, but obviously my citizens are not fans of my constant warring, and I get sick of little bite sized battles. What is the best gov for frequent wars, and can you still maintain a bit of a tech edge in the process, or is it one of those trade off things?

Cheers for any help or directions where to find the answers.

Fair Enough. I shall turn America into a monarchy. I bet Dubya wishes he could do the same.

Communism or Facism, depends on how big your empire is.
There is a strategy article in the war academy section to tell which is better in your case.

Monarchy is efficient until you discover Communism and Fascim. (Very) simply put, communism is good if your empire is huge while Fascim rocks when your empire is not so big.

Which is why I prefer Republic. Yes, it is a WW gov't, but done the right way you can have huge long wars with little to no WW. Police Stations & Universal Sufferage go a long way to combating it. Plus getting the AI to declare on you, as not losing many units. It can be done.

I like republic, yet i see i fail to see why people stick with it for war. For warfare, i really prefer using commie. As for pop rushing, i msut've rushed like 7 cities with it, and the people NEVER said a word(maybe i'm jsut lucky, who knows?). Plus, when you have alot of citites, all of em have pretty good production. Anyway, it's my 2 cents, you guys are free to disagree, and eleborate your opinion.

At the beggining of the game:
Monarchy is best if you are planning lots of wars and have little luxuries.
If you have luxuries and good income then Republic is preffered due to lower corruption levels.
Towards the end of the game:
When you have communism discovered if your civilization is huge nothing beats communism due virtually no corruption in cities, otherwise stay on republic.

Liek i said microbe...i've only expecericed pop rushing side-effetcs in despostism. Once i'm in commie, my people NEVER say a word about it. They never ''say we cannot forget your cruel opprecion'' to me. Maybe commie does that. Or maybe it'S cause i have so much luxuries and all my cities have markets.

As for the republic thing...fine i'll give it a go. I'm conquering the world(or trying) with the iroquois. I have alot of luxuries...so i'll give it a go. I WILL return with my experience with it(it just might be positive...i'm serious).

Tranquility said:
Oh, one last thing dmanako. Why choose republic over democracy?(this isn't an attack, just an ordinary question)

Because of Republic unit support cost on avergae you'll pay less money for military upkeep and that means more gold and research.

player1 fanatic said:
Because of Republic unit support cost on avergae you'll pay less money for military upkeep and that means more gold and research.

Yep, and also with democracy it's really impossible to be a war monger.
Democracy is good when you have medium size country and going for non military victory.

Tranquility said:
I like republic, yet i see i fail to see why people stick with it for war. For warfare, i really prefer using commie.

First off, I'm not a big fan of pop rushing. I don't like dealing with the extra unhappiness associated with it. Of course, I used to be a big fan of guv'nors too...

Secondly, I generally don't have the time to switch to commie and back again to republic. And I"m not going to limit myself to religious civs just so I can get the two turn anarchy. When I'm that late in the game, I'm generally looking at 7 turns of anarchy. No thanks. I'll deal with the WW in Republic. Now, when I'm playing a religious civ, I'll change more frequently...

I am on monarchy, and it is modern age and I am getting advances about every 7-10 turns, and my empire is now continent size on a huge map, on regent. I am at the point where i am so far in front that i reckon i could win from here on permanent anarchy, so i guess it is a good time to experiment a bit. Its all going well thus far, but I guess I can hoist the hammer and sickle over the White House for a bit and see how that goes. Then I think I might bomb Moscow. In memory of Ronald. Its what he would have wanted.

OzzyKP said:
Can anyone tell me what the point of feudalism is? It seems to be to be a totally worthless government, especially with monarchy as an alternative.

I never use it, although in previous threads about governments some people defended it and said it is good in certain cituations.
It should have lower corruption than monarchy and better support if most of your cities below population of 6.

Top Bottom