GPuzzle's Civs

It's good to hear that Hideyoshi only needs a small amount of art before he can be released, as the design has really grown on me and I'm pretty hyped to try it out in a game against Seonjo.

Gaius Marius being included in the Rome split is also pretty hype - can't wait to see what you have planned for him!

In short? Good work, fam.

It's good to hear that Hideyoshi only needs a small amount of art before he can be released, as the design has really grown on me and I'm pretty hyped to try it out in a game against Seonjo.

You'll never win! It's factually inaccurate!

Bet you're getting sick of people bringing up Yi by now huh?

Absolutely. I might've changed it (although it would be a massive shame to get rid of the current leaderscene), but then people on reddit started being dicks about it, so now I never will ;)

The main and inherent problem with the Ashigaru is that I have no freaking idea of what to do for its unit alpha. That part's a bit complicated.

I've been playing a test version of him for like a month now. It's incredibly fun. Especially with a White Walkers type of setup.

As for another Civ that I'm working on, I thought you folks would like to see that Senatus Populesque GPuzzlus is currently setting up for Chilean colonization:

The Republic of Chile

Leader: Balmaceda

UA: Ciclo Salitrero
The :c5gold: Gold cost of upgrading units is reduced for every copy of a Strategic Resource you have. Internal :trade: Trade Routes are 50% more effective and increase Building :c5production: Production in the target city by 15%.

UU: Batallon Civico
Rifleman replacement. Has the "Chupica del Diablo" promotion, which grants it +2 :c5moves: Movement and +100% :c5strength: Combat Strength versus Cities and Fortified Units, but once it has expended its second move, it loses 10 HP for every action it takes.

UI: Salitrera
Available at Industrialization. +3 :c5production: Production and +3 :c5gold:. May only be built on Strategic Resources, improving them.

This also wins an award for "least safe for work UU promotion name".

Chilean soldiers making a drink with some really strong alcohol (so something like vodka or whisky or really anything that has a ton of alcohol with it) and freaking gunpowder. Nicknamed "The Devil's Blow***". Drank it and assaulted a heavily fortified Bolivian position during the Pacific War on top a hill while being constantly bombarded.

End result?

Lots of Bolivians dead, and one of the most metal drinks of all time.

That's some impressive work Hoop.

Eh, my mom teaches Spanish, and apparently it translates as being basically what I put. So, yeah, YMMV.

Pedro de Valdivia, yes.

All I need now is to actually compile the damn thing together.

Will this work for the Ashigaru, GPuzzle? There's a bit of clipping with the hat with certain idle animations, but otherwise I think it works fine.

There are also alternate colours available for the outfit if you prefer a different one for Hideyoshi
  • White with blue armour and flag (seen in the screenshot)
  • Blue with red armour and green flag
  • White with red armour and flag
  • White with black armour and flag
  • White with black armour and white flag
They have different clan seals (I think that's what they are) as well, however. I don't mind doing a quick reskin to a different colour and an accurate seal for Hideyoshi if you want, since it is specifically for him, and not a "generic Japanese musketman".

Spoiler :

Oh man, those look lovely ;)

Although the flower on their hat reminds me of the stars from the game boy Kirby games :p

Will this work for the Ashigaru, GPuzzle? There's a bit of clipping with the hat with certain idle animations, but otherwise I think it works fine.

Damn Hojo, Damn Takeda.

Hmm, I am not sure about actual composition of men in Ashigaru. Having Hideyoshi' mon as a flag should work fine.

If possible, I wish there are a mix of clans' mon and armor color. But it could be a bit too much work.

I wish someone else make flashy Date cavalry a thing in Civ5 soon...

About unit flag, what about Ashigaru hat and a musket?

I think a sashimono could make an excellent unit flag.

Hmm, I am not sure about actual composition of men in Ashigaru. Having Hideyoshi' mon as a flag should work fine.

If possible, I wish there are a mix of clans' mon and armor color. But it could be a bit too much work.

Is the mon on this page the correct mon to use as Hideyoshi's? It shouldn't be hard to put that on.

If there's no specific mon needed, I can simply use several of those skins in the one unit art define to give a variety of colours and mons.

I'm going with middle ground here - mixed colors and the Toyotomi mon would look really interesting, personally.

Top Bottom