[GRAPHIC MODPACK] Ethnic Wonders of Civilizations

GeoModder

Deity
Ethnic Wonders of Civilizations - v0.75
First release: 25/02/2007

Something quite a few people have been waiting for. ;)

This modpack offers new cityart for the African, Meso-American -and Norse civilizations. On top of that I made an attempt to put unique art for the national wonders -and some city facilities of each artstyle, but there are still quite a few gaps there, particularly for the Africans -and Meso-American artstyles. Also, some buildings modernize throughout the ages, as to let them blend in better with the more modern citysets.
This modpack only alters how things look ingame, no modifications have been made on the function of facilities and such.

This is far from finished, but is already playable. I'll probably look into including civipedia articles for the national wonders in the future, and of course update new art when it becomes available.

Installation notes and credits are found in the download page.​

On request, a trimmed down version of this mod was made where only the citysets look different.
Follow this link to the download page to get it.

Enjoy!
Geo

Does this also work with Middle Eastern cities, like I asked for in Chamaedrys's thread?

Sweet! Thanks for combining all of these. :goodjob:

I dont really like having all the Wonder and Building arts switched around, can you do a version with just the generic "filler" buildings altered?

Does this also work with Middle Eastern cities, like I asked for in Chamaedrys's thread?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean, since I don't remember you asking me something. Do you mean if both the middle east citysets are included? If so, the answer is yes.

Impaler[WrG];5143355 said:
I dont really like having all the Wonder and Building arts switched around, can you do a version with just the generic "filler" buildings altered?

Do you mean a version in which only the city artstyles are altered? Guess that's possible.

Do you mean a version in which only the city artstyles are altered? Guess that's possible.

This would be of interest to me as well. Don't get me wrong, the entire project is an awesome idea. But for CIV Gold, I'd be primarily interested in ethnic city art styles.

This would be of interest to me as well. Don't get me wrong, the entire project is an awesome idea. But for CIV Gold, I'd be primarily interested in ethnic city art styles.

This started as an only ethnic cityset project, all the rest came on top of it. It's not a problem and I'm not offended or something. ;)
Creating a "light" version isn't much of a hassle, I only have to remove the building art, and remove a bunch of entries in the CIV4CityLSystem file.
It should be done and debugged at the end of this weekend.

GeoModder:
I am currently working on a mod that makes civ-specific national wonders, e.g. Sorbonne for France instead of Oxford Univ., and I think your creation would be of immense help. Is it okay to use it?

See here for more detail:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=199622

Sure, be my guest. It's there to use.
Reading the thread, it looks like the easiest way to achieve it is to create a unique artstyle entry for every civ in the globaltypes file. It might make things a bit cumbersome to link the citysets to each civ tho...

Okay, Wyz and Impaler, your request is ready for download. I've put the link in the first post.

Hi Geo,
I am not sure if this is convenient place for calling for help, but I took note that you were good and routined at XML definitions. I would like to ask you for an advice regarding eras change improvement. I have in my mod an improvement similar to fort and I did not manage to make the game to change improvement model when the era changes. I inserted the change to plot system the same way as the fort. Unfortunately the beast my improvement does not change and does not change. Please would you have an advice for me?

Top Bottom