Graphics Issues

nope still don't work for me :( but I'll see if the game reads pngs (or I can do a batch conversions to tgas).

edit: If you do buttons next time you can do them in tgas (instead of png it might be easier). but so far I'm going through and swapping them fairly easy.

PS - buildings are starting to look real good. Should be ready this week!

Flintlock,

I was able to swap the buttons. No problem. These are awesome buttons! But could you make a few more - PLEASE - :D

Attached picture shows the latest buttons and what I need. just send png's. i'll do the conversion. And I'll try and do the legionaire. Thank you for your help!

Will the game accept files other than DDS? :hmm:
Anyway... I don't think I'll be doing the buttons for the next round, what with all of the problems. I wish I could contribute more, but this would probably be less problematic if a Windows user did them for you. I'm actually starting work on a Wild West mod right now, so I'll be busy with that.
So with that, I say good luck with your project, and I can't wait to see it in full development! :goodjob:

Sorry, I missed your next post...
I could round out the rest of the units for you; making the png files are super easy. If you send me a 'pedia screenie of the legionarie, I'll get that to you as well. After that I'll head full boar into the Wild West mod. :goodjob:

All finished!
EDIT: Just saw your new post; is the Great General changed at all?
EDIT 2: Heres the Legionarie, as well.

Attachments

• New Unit Buttons.zip
    37.8 KB · Views: 228
  • Btn_Legionaire.png
    Btn_Legionaire.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 308
Hi Ekmek, sorry for the off topic but I have a question for you: how did you get the resources to show up in your mod? I'm trying to replace cotton with the civ cow resource, but I can only get it to show up in the Civilopedia.
When I added the Wine resource (replacing the Banana) I had the opposite problem; it shows up in game but not in the Civilopedia.

I'm rather confused about how Col draws its resources, so maybe even telling me the right files/artpaths to work with should help.
Thanks!

Hi Ekmek, sorry for the off topic but I have a question for you: how did you get the resources to show up in your mod? I'm trying to replace cotton with the civ cow resource, but I can only get it to show up in the Civilopedia.
When I added the Wine resource (replacing the Banana) I had the opposite problem; it shows up in game but not in the Civilopedia.

I'm rather confused about how Col draws its resources, so maybe even telling me the right files/artpaths to work with should help.
Thanks!

don't replace. keep all of the original ones and just add new ones. it was the only way to do it (we didn't try editing the Lsystem)

Yea, bonuses, i.e. the resources on the map.
Could I do <Terrain>NONE</Terrain> (or whatever the actual tag is) or do i have to use a terrain that doesn't appear on the map?

Thanks

You are probably looking for <Terrain/> As the way to not have the resource

And the Pedia reference could probably be removed by saying <Civilopedia/>
instead of (for example) <Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_BONUS_BANANA_PEDIA</Civilopedia>

Nice! I like it. I'm holding off on MareNostrum Basic for this.

speaking of city screen, I added a yield (for a later MN release) and I think it crashed the game - it maybe related to this screen. You said it shrinks it but any chance you can make the yields at the bottom display only if their is something stored or being produced? it would look cleaner.

Nice! I like it. I'm holding off on MareNostrum Basic for this.

Give me one more day. :) I made a small update pack for MN I will upload tomorrow:

- some fixes and improvements for Europe screen
- fixed tech graphics in Civilopedia
- city screen update with different colors depending on civ you play and corrected size of building, unit and yield graphics (can you check the acedemy, it doesn't have a texture)
- minor update for soundtrack, a handful new tunes and diplo sounds

You said it shrinks it but any chance you can make the yields at the bottom display only if their is something stored or being produced? it would look cleaner.

Only hiding the yield gfx or the "box area" too? Both is possible, but I'm thinking about a major redo of the city screen, making place for additional buildings and yields.

Give me one more day. :) I made a small update pack for MN I will upload tomorrow:

- some fixes and improvements for Europe screen
- fixed tech graphics in Civilopedia
- city screen update with different colors depending on civ you play and corrected size of building, unit and yield graphics (can you check the acedemy, it doesn't have a texture)
- minor update for soundtrack, a handful new tunes and diplo sounds

Those are great updates. I'll check out the academy issue when I see your fixes

Only hiding the yield gfx or the "box area" too? Both is possible, but I'm thinking about a major redo of the city screen, making place for additional buildings and yields.

i was just figuring on them not being in the bottom row if you don't have them or don't make them - so it'll show your specialization better and allow for more yields.

as for city screen redo - not sure if its possible but maybe you could make the box with te buildings a birds eye view of the city and as you add buildings it fills in the city? I'm sure you can come up with something better.

Top Bottom