Graphics/Sound Problems? - Please post your DX Logs.

I have a compaq presario 2500 with an ATI radeon IGP 345M, which I really do nt know if it is enough for the game to play. I have two problems:
1 stuuttering with initial movies
2 more important: the map does not show terrains, I can see the Units but all the tiles are black!
The new patch did not work

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    40.4 KB · Views: 179
I have problem with Civilization 4, when I try play game , I see black screen then deskop and field with text " Failed to initialize Renderer -check DIrectX Version and Graphics Settings" what i shlould do with it ??

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    41.6 KB · Views: 107
So I got Civ4 and I'm running in a fresh install of XP Pro + SP2 + DX9.0c...

My system is:

Athlon 64 3200+
GeForce FX 5900 Ultra
1GB RAM
Audigy 2 ZS

- - -

The problem is, most of the times, when I scroll or click somewhere on the map the map is broken in little scrambled squares of the map tiles and black ones that look like a jigsaw puzzle. I have to wait for like half a minute until it clears up... That's not so bad, but the thing is it CTDs every now and then instead of fixing itself and when I go back to desktop my video settings are all messed up... The colors turn to 4-bit and the resolution goes to 640*480!!! I open the display properties once, thers's no other option to choose! I close it and open it again... always its the second time around is when I can choose my normal settings back.

I attached my error log and my DXDiag log...
Someone HELP!!! :cry:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=107822&stc=1&d=1134768587

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=107823&stc=1&d=1134768587

When I play i cannot see the terrain. It is just black like fog of war. however I can see my units and barbarian villages. Also, leaders' faces do not appear, only eyes and teeth do.

My game play is very choppy(even on medium resolution) and the game locks up and will sometimes hard reboot my computer after 45min-1hr of game play. I've read through all the suggested fixes and tried them, all to no avail.View attachment DxDiag.txt

I am having the problem where all my tiles are black. I can go to the world editor and see all the terrain there though. Can anyone help?

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    40.2 KB · Views: 82
stecoli said:
I have a compaq presario 2500 with an ATI radeon IGP 345M, which I really do nt know if it is enough for the game to play. I have two problems:
1 stuuttering with initial movies
2 more important: the map does not show terrains, I can see the Units but all the tiles are black!
The new patch did not work

I am running a Sony VAIO PCG-K27 with the same video card and am having the same problems. The computer guy at the store I work at found that the video memory is shared with your RAM, so since I have a gig of RAM, he bumped the video memory up to 128 MB. He also said he figured there was something wrong with the game since all my hardware looked good, and I could see many things in the game (units, rivers, resources) and just not the terrain.

kkingprior
Terrain is the most memory/geometry-consuming part of the game. So it's most likely to fail first.

Crash to desktop about every 10-30 minutes. Terribly frustrating. Definitely seems to be graphics related. Fails MUCH more frequently late in the game than early. When I start a new game I can play for maybe 2-4 hours. As soon as I hit the modern era it'll crash about every 5-10 minutes. It's pretty much unplayable. I can trigger the failure in the modern era 90% of the time by clicking on the military advisor quick-pick button in the top right. The other advisors seem to be more stable, but that military advisor... doom.

Thinkpad T42p, all latest drivers. system info

Trying to attach DxDiag.txt...

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    36.2 KB · Views: 100
I find the game to be very slow. Everything moves in slow motion and it is pretty annoying. Also, the sound seems to skip beats on the intro.

I am disappointed that the game will not run on my work machine since I usually played the game at lunch from work. I wish they could add a patch where you could run the game on a 32MB machine. I think the game itself looks a lot better, but the slowness is going to make the game unplayable for me.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    44.8 KB · Views: 88
I have the problem where the videos freeze and then start again and the sound goes in and out and the game runs incredibly slow as I advance the ages, so slow that I must zoom all the way out to even be able to play the game. Also, the game will freeze for about ten seconds and then resume sometimes and sometimes the game will just freeze and stay like that and the mouse will flicker.

I don't get any crash to desktops or anything else.

I have updated my drivers to the latest for everything, updated Direct X, lowered video settings. Nothing helps.

I attached my DxDiag report.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    41.9 KB · Views: 84
I Too have stuttering and slow functioning throught the game. sometimes it works fine and when it must redraw the whole screen it seems to have problems which after a while crash the game. I get a big pointer and a black screen. this happens less when I turned down the video in the game. My computer meets all and in most cases exceeds the games suggested requirements.

IT stutters in the intro movie every time. I have all the latest drivers.

I have turned down the audio acceleration with no effect as well. Please help with this problem I have yet to finish a game This is getting very frustrating.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    51.4 KB · Views: 78
:( :( :( :( :( hiya
i need help. i just got the game today. ok basically everything is fine. the sound is fine and the intro played perfectly. when i play the game i can see the units, i can see the settlement i make and i can even see some animals. However thats all i see.i cant see the environment. I cant see the sea, the grass, mountains, rivers, trees etc. Its just black like a shadow.i put graphics quality to low, it didnt change.Also the character animations arent good. instead of ghandis face for example all i see is his glasses, his teeth and the background behind him. However i dont really care about the character animations, i can play witbhout that but i cant play if i dont see the environment. Please help me out quickly.
thanks
i attached a dx diagnostic file so u can take a look

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    39.9 KB · Views: 113
hioya guys i got the same problem as some of u guys, character animations dont appera apart from eyes and teeth and screen is black as a fog of war. i dont see that u guys got any replies, did u manage to sort out ur problems. if yes what did u do?
thanks

The game is suffering many problems with the graphics; making the background pitch black, turning units invisible, etc.

I've installed the latest Civ patch and updated my Nvidia drivers. I use an Nvidia FX5200.

I've attached a screenshot of the problem and my DxDiag.

Attachments

• screenshot.doc
    147 KB · Views: 79
  • DxDiag.txt
    46.8 KB · Views: 69
I still have the same problem from the game in late stages.
Do I need to use memory saver?
Attached is the file of diag of system

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    38.5 KB · Views: 63
When I try to load a saved game the sound is on but the screen is blank. I have loaded the latest ATI drivers and uninstalled then reinstalled the game and applied the latest patch. I'm a long time fan of the Civ game series and would hate to return this until they update their software...

Anybody else experience this?

------------------
System Information
------------------

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
System Model: Dimension 8200
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.80GHz
Memory: 768MB RAM
Page File: 417MB used, 1075MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

Display Devices
---------------
Card name: RADEON 9600 SERIES
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI RADEON 9600 Series AGP (0x4150)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4150&SUBSYS_0200174B&REV_00
Display Memory: 128.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6587 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 11/22/2005 19:51:09, 252928 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
VDD: n/a
Mini VDD: ati2mtag.sys

Top Bottom