Graphics

I have seen some screenshots of civ6 and what a bummer!

Did you all see how cartoonish it looks?

I wish they will cancel the cartoonish nonsense looks.

Second, I hope this time playing mods in multiplayer will be possible.

This couldn't have gone with the rest of the whining in the graphics thread because...?

I know, i know... graphics isn't why we play CIV... But come on... This looks horrid... Great Lighthouse 2/3:s higher than the mountain range? A city has the same size as a market square. There is no sense of proportion what-so-ever.

The palette is from a iPhone-game. I want dark and gritty, not a child cartoon.

Also - more gamey aspects like putting tiles in specific places for adjacency bonuses? Really? Is that how we build cities?

Played every CIV since the first, this is the first time (except played 4 for a long time before 5 got playable) i feel really nervous...

Indeed. Terrible decision for the graphics, oh my God unbelievable.

Looks like some Playstation 2 children game.

There wouldn't be an whining if Firaxis didn't have fix what wasn't broke.

Graphics are the worst for any civ release.

There wouldn't be an whining if Firaxis didn't have fix what wasn't broke.

Graphics are the worst for any civ release.

I (and many others) disagree and find them to be the best to date, what now? Who is right? Because to me it is simply a matter of subjective preferences and expecting everyone and everything to conform to your own is childish and immature. But than again that is just my opinion, fell free to disagree.

I (and many others) disagree and find them to be the best to date, what now? Who is right? Because to me it is simply a matter of subjective preferences and expecting everyone and everything to conform to your own is childish and immature. But than again that is just my opinion, fell free to disagree.

My view about the graphics is the exact opposite of yours; I think they look terrible. Despite that, this is easily the best summary of the pointlessness of this whole debate I've yet read.
:goodjob:

Omg... The graphics are so cartoony, I think I saw Goofy and Bugs Bunny in one of the videos...

But seriously, if the choice is between "cartoony" graphics and great gameplay, or realistic graphics and no gameplay, I'd choose Civilization over CoD Any day (yup... I went there).

Like I've said several times... To me, the graphics of Civ VI are much more vibrant, lovely and appealing than Civ V's dull and hard graphics.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

All I know is the aesthetic of Civ VI makes me cringe. It looks like what the makers of Clash of Clans would have made if they were tasked with a Civ game. So sad. Civ V is gorgeous.

Well, hey, that's your opinion and you certainly have the right to it. Art's very subjective like that.

But I was just thinking of how good the city looks in the new Oxford video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht4kWz31vM0

I really like the look of the city, how I can tell pretty much exactly what everything is at a glance, and how the roads don't look so ugly like in Civ V.

Well, hey, that's your opinion and you certainly have the right to it. Art's very subjective like that.

But I was just thinking of how good the city looks in the new Oxford video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht4kWz31vM0

I really like the look of the city, how I can tell pretty much exactly what everything is at a glance, and how the roads don't look so ugly like in Civ V.
I know... I just want to live there. Very beautiful visuals in Civ VI. I can't wait to get my hands on it. And the map effect is so far better than the floods of V.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

The more I look at it the more I find it really pretty. The level of details for cities, improvements and wonders is the best it ever was.

The weak part is terrain texture which is rather bland. Like all green grassland etc. These textures could be improved.

Ok I have checked some videos on youtube, I must say the graphics are gorgeous.

That said (which is a 180 degree u-turn of what I said previously), I am still very irritated and apalled by the graphics for the leaders and the screen when it is zoomed in. When zooming in...I mean those unit graphics wtf..

But ok...

Now only hoping for mods to be able to be played on Multi Player and that MP wont show any issues.

I trust upon the mod makers to fix this anyway, like they have always done. Turn civ into something much better than it originally is.

Top Bottom