[BNW] Great Battles Scenario Pack

Terkaza

Chieftain
red cliffs.png

Great Battles is a mod in which you can play through great battles in our History. Will you change the fate of the battle?

actium.png

I have started the long and laborious adventure of making short scenarios each centered in an important and/or interesting battle in the human history.
Since I want it to be a fine work I've split the packs in eras, so starting with Antiquity, then Classical era etc.
They require no mods except the pack itself, I found that it was simpler to make and logistically having a horsehocky ton of different mods in between the eras just for some special units wasn't worth it in my opinion.

I've already completed and released Antiquity and Classical eras on the steam workshop.

Feedback is highly appreciated to tweak difficulty and accuracy, and I really hope those are fun. I think it's also interesting discovering History by playing important battles you didn't knew before (and for me the intense researches about them to make the maps realistic if possible but at the same time not absurdly easy or difficult).

Do not hesitate to suggest battles for the next eras, at least any era besides antiquity and classical at the moment.

I was still getting used to the SDK and map making in Antiquity, and with the lack of information I couldn't make very big maps. But don't fret, as when I started getting onto Classical Era the maps are now much bigger and I've put a bit more work towards making the scenario turn out like the real battle by interesting use of promotions and others.

I'll now leave the place to the messages reserved for each Era and the pack associated, with all the details about what battles are in it, the opponents etc.

Last edited:
This is the Antiquity map pack, comprising 7 great battles that happened in Antiquity, in between 700BC and 300BC.

Current Battles Pool:
Battle of Halule 691 BC Babylonians and Medes vs Assyrian Empire
Battle of Nineveh 612 BC Babylonians and Medes vs Assyrian Empire
Battle of Carchemish 605 BC Babylonian Empire and Medes vs Kingdom of Egypt and Assyria
Battle of Marathon 490 BC Greek League vs Persian Empire
Battle of Thermopylae Artemisium 480 BC Greek League vs Persian Empire
Battle of Plataea Mycale 479 BC Greek League vs Persian Empire
Battle of Hydaspes 326 BC Greek Empire vs Kingdom of India

As you can see two of those are a double battle, as they happened at the same time. Thermopylae Artemisium is about defending the Artemision with ships while the last greek soldiers try to block Xerxes' army. Plataea Mycale is about a huge military deployment, pure melee battle between Greece and Persia while the greeks also invade Ionia and destroys persian ships (in western Turkey).

Attachments

• Great Battles (Antiquity) (v 1).rar
    57.1 KB · Views: 79
This is the Classical Era map pack, comprising 7 great battles that happened in Classical Era, in between 260BC and 208AD.

Do not hesitate to suggest battles for the next eras, and of course talk about how difficult the battles are, if possible from both perspectives, and what is wrong in them if possible (both difficulty, unintended events and realism).

BEWARE OF INTERNAL BATTLES CAUSING THE TWO PLAYERS TO BE THE SAME CIV, WHO IS WHO IS LISTED DOWN BELOW NEXT TO THE INVOLVED BATTLES

List of maps:
Battle of Changping 260 BC Qin State vs Zhao State (Qin is Chinese player 1, Zhao is Chinese player 2.)
Battle of Cannae 216 BC Roman Republic vs Carthaginian Kingdom
Battle of Zama 202 BC Roman Republic vs Carthaginian Kingdom
Battle of Alesia 52 BC Roman Republic vs Gallic Celts
Battle of Actium 30 BC Rome supporting Octavian vs Rome supporting Mark Antony (Roman player 1 is Octavian, Roman player 2 is Mark Anthony.)
Battle of Teutoburg Forest 9 AD Roman Empire vs Germanic People
Battle of Red Cliffs 208 AD Cao Cao State vs Sun Quan and Liu Bei alliance (Chinese player 1 is Cao Cao, Chinese player 2 is Sun Quand and Liu Bei alliance.)

Attachments

• Great Battles (Classical Era) (v 1).rar
    76 KB · Views: 72
Reserved for Medieval era Pack. Current battle pool I'm working on:
732 tours
1066 hastings
1071 manzikert
1099 siege of jerusalem
1214 bouvines
1217 sandwich
1241 mohi
1410 battle of grunwald