Great Coincidence

feces42

Chieftain
"Louis Armstrong (Great Artist) has appeared in New York!"

While Louis Armstrong is playing in the background.

Anyone else have something like this happen to them?

I remember once being amused that I got Isaac Newton as the free GS for discovering Physics.

Mehmed once got lucky enough, I'm assuming, to pass for a competent invader after Monty capitulated to him. I hadn't built any thing to produce Power in most of my cities after I built TGD. The city I chose for this crucial wonder happened to border the cities Mehmed took (across the continent, naturally) from Spain. To counter my tech advantage, he sent a stack so large that even though I attacked it with modern armors from my TGD city, he still took it the next turn. My Modern Armor production fell from one per turn in almost every city to one every 3 or 5 turns. My non-armored units had mostly been lost during the massacre war with the Aztecs. He almost destroyed me by taking a single city!

I was playing as Germany and France capitulated to me without a fight (no units even entered his territory. In fact, he had destroyed a random galleon I used to explore back then so technically he had more war success) I was gonna invade him with panzers though... I didn't even realize this until the game ended.

The worst though is an Earth18 as Germany game where I was trying to conquer the world, but the Jewish AP was getting in my way.

That white blob in the corner is sea ice, which counts as a water tile. Presumably, there is more water off the screen, since the sea has to have at least 10 water tiles for coastal buildings and wonders to be available. (The map looks like a Fantasy Realm, which would also explain the tundra hill rice :crazyeye:)

I thought I was going to have one in the game I just finished. I was going for a diplomatic victory, but I was stalled about 10 votes shy of what I needed. Figuring I could transfer some votes from the Koreans to myself, I began amassing a naval armada and a large force of marines off their coast. Target city: Inchon!

However, before I was ready to invade, I was able to use the UN to call for a vote to transfer one of Peter's cities to me. I then voted against the proposal, causing Peter to give me a "You voted for us" bonus. This was sufficient to give me Peter's votes at the next election, making the invasion unnecessary.

Hortulanus

I saw an ai build the chechin itza in the the city of chechin itza

I just GG'd Leonidas. As the Persians. Doing an Immortal rush.

...Right after sacking the Greek Empire. :lol:

Somewhere near Thermopylae, 300 Spartans are rolling in their graves.

EDIT: Same game, several invasions later. Immortals cross the Channel from Paris. In the process of capturing London (and destroying the English), the RNG saw fit to bestow my next GG as William the Conqueror. Freaky...

I know, but shouldn't it be obsolete by that time? Even with no seas, astronomy still gives you observatories.

I can't tell if the screenshot i from an Epic or Marathon game, and since I've never played wither setting I can't really say whether is reaserach rate is particularly slow at this point. But based on the fact he hasn't reached Constitution, it's likely he hasn't reached Astronomy either.

I just GG'd Leonidas. As the Persians. Doing an Immortal rush.

...Right after sacking the Greek Empire. :lol:

Somewhere near Thermopylae, 300 Spartans are rolling in their graves.

EDIT: Same game, several invasions later. Immortals cross the Channel from Paris. In the process of capturing London (and destroying the English), the RNG saw fit to bestow my next GG as William the Conqueror. Freaky...

My best attempt at that "super deity OCC" challenge map involved taking down the Incan empire with 400XP warlord Francisco Pizarro himself. (Edit: including sacking their gold-laden holy city!)

Also last week I built Stonehenge on the stone on Earth 18 where it should be, by moving London 2 tiles west. Not as coincidental as Colossus in Rhodes or whatever but probably more unusual as England has virtually no production on that map - it was an experiment with whip overflow.

Top Bottom