Great start

MarshalN

Prince
Spoiler :

I'm surprised I didn't get a game over screen right then and there.

Looks good but where are you going to settle? East South-East on the river between the two salt looks good.

Alternatively you might think about leaving room for a coastal city at the mouth of the river.

Thing is, he's not going to settle, as barbarians have somehow managed to capture his starting settler. ;)

Why weren't your protecting your Settler with the Warrior?

First time ever I got nabbed before founding, and it's only turn 2

lol, I had this happen to me once. Had to kill the barb camp to get my settler back :)

Just load the initial autosave and settle the hill south of the river in the west so you can drop a coastal on the sheep

It happened to me too, the barb camp was 3 tiles away from my starting location. I agree it's quite frustrating, but if the location doesn't worth a precoce and risky assault again the camp, I re-start.

Just load the initial autosave and settle the hill south of the river in the west so you can drop a coastal on the sheep

Yeah, I think this is your best bet...still, don't you just love it when this happens?

lol, I had this happen to me once. Had to kill the barb camp to get my settler back :)

Going for the sheep was what got me - I wanted to see if that was a viable location. Then I saw the camp and wondered if I'll get captured

Going for the sheep was what got me - I wanted to see if that was a viable location. Then I saw the camp and wondered if I'll get captured

It's ok as long as it isn't mp. I've been in an mp game where a guy lost his starting settler. After he left, the warrior wandered around for most of the game.

The best start I had, right where I was going to place my 2nd city, 3 gold units. And that's not counting all the good resources in the area. I ended up abandoning it though. when creating the game, my game length got reset and I just didn't want to play it at the wrong speed.

Top Bottom