Great Works

The Grand Plan in my mind.

I have some ideas about what it will be like in different eras.
I have focuses for each era to show I want more of a certain kind of Great Works
They are:

Art (Painting, Sculpting, etc...)
Film
Music
Plays
Books (Works of Literature, poems, etc...)

In my plan, they will each have their own Great Person

Prehistoric: Music
Ancient: Books, Art
Classical: Plays, Books, Art
Medieval: Art, Music
Renaissance: Music, Plays, Books, Plays
Industrial: Plays, Books, Music, Art
Modern: Film, Books, Music, Art
All for Transhuman and Galactic.

I'm not sure there was much wondrous about Prehistoric Music. Whereas I'm sure there were many Cave Paintings just as good as Lascaux that have not survived. Also sculptures/carvings and Rock Art like the inuksuk.

I do think great works of music were probably produced in the Classical (era) though. They may have had no notation to write it down, but you can put fairly complex compositions together without this.

Rock Art includes paintings on rock walls, art made with rocks and paintings/drawings on movable rocks. Although the of latter which have survived would have required 4-5 people to move them.

If we decide to add resources to great works it shoul be ex great books not hit books. Hit resources should be part of mass culture that provide happiness. Great resresources are part of cultural heritage. Should give culture and bonus to museum and auction house.

Or maybe call them "Best Sellers".

I will not call Symphony no 5 or Bible best sellers because this works was not crerated for the commercial reasons.

You know it will be good that all resources produced by great works to have same starting name to simply recognize by new players from where it is produced.

Prefix Great ... simply connetcs this resource with Great works in mind automaticly.

Or maybe call them "Best Sellers".

Sorry but Best Sellers and Great Works are two very different things. Check the list of best-selling books on Wikipedia. I think we could agree that Da Vinci Code and Agatha Christie whodunits are not Great Works.

Honestly? How about we make a Great Holybook/Painting/Book (here we can split them by genres) etc and give them multiple sources, but same bonus for each category? For an example, if you have discovered Christianity, you can write The Bible for a bonus, perhaps maybe different from that coming from a civilization that has written the Torah?

Honestly? How about we make a Great Holybook/Painting/Book (here we can split them by genres) etc and give them multiple sources, but same bonus for each category? For an example, if you have discovered Christianity, you can write The Bible for a bonus, perhaps maybe different from that coming from a civilization that has written the Torah?

Can you name the holy book for every religion in C2C? Since several are pre-literate thy wouldn't all even have them, so there would be balancing issues I suspect.

Well, if you guys considered Best Sellers = Great Works... then Harry Potters fits the bill pretty well.

But generally, I disagree with that definition just like many others in the past, such as "Any Named Building" = World Wonder.
Classifying Gardens by the Bay as the same standard as Great Wall of China is simply weird, considering the Garden is not even 1 year old...

Others like Magellan's Voyage as a wonder is also weird to me, afterall it is just someone's journey no matter how magnificient it is. Definitely a project more than a wonder.

Can you name the holy book for every religion in C2C? Since several are pre-literate thy wouldn't all even have them, so there would be balancing issues I suspect.

That can help rebalanced some religions
Sikhisme is really weak, but with Holy Scripture - Guru Granth Sahib, you can boost it a little

All medieval and later religions have a holy scripture and some ancient have too. But older religions are really powerful today with no more obsolete buildings.

- Great Play (movies, music and theatre and maybe video game), building by Great Artist

I m not sure there will be enough GW for more categories....

I would love this feature, we could also use the Great Scientist and Great Engineer to add important scientific theories and software .

The Grand Plan in my mind.

I have some ideas about what it will be like in different eras.
I have focuses for each era to show I want more of a certain kind of Great Works
They are:

Art (Painting, Sculpting, etc...)
Film
Music
Plays
Books (Works of Literature, poems, etc...)

In my plan, they will each have their own Great Person

Prehistoric: Music
Ancient: Books, Art
Classical: Plays, Books, Art
Medieval: Art, Music
Renaissance: Music, Plays, Books, Plays
Industrial: Plays, Books, Music, Art
Modern: Film, Books, Music, Art
All for Transhuman and Galactic.

Modern: Film, Books, Music, Art, Software
Transhuman: Film, Books, Music, Art, Software, Genomes , Holograms
Galactic: Film, Books, Music, Art, Software, Genomes, Holograms , Lifeforms, Planets

You can name a chant or art to keep it balanced. Great Works is my number 1 requested feature.

This is why I am learning Python, little by little I understand more and more.

Edit
Are we talking about Platypings modcomp called Great Works or just having Great People make buildings?

Top Bottom